...beside the sea, beside the seaside, by the beautiful sea. I love living by the sea!!! The sights, the colors, the sounds, the sand, shells and wildlife, the salt air fragrance, the tranquility and even the storms creating turbulence [of course, from the land, not out on it...lol]. Sometimes, when I am out walking; day trippin', when I feel like just walking, I head out to the water...And most times I find peace within. The sea does that to me so very often!!!

Surfing School

Crashing waves!

The seagulls laughing and enjoying life, glad to be alive, surviving the day, even if we humans invade their territory! Sometimes I think we should do as nature does...just be. Forget everything. They aren't called laughing gulls for nothing!!

The colors and the quiet times of the early morning hour!

Wild grasses on the dunes just off the shore dancing in the breeze!

A man and his best friend!

The picturesque foreground and the still horizon!

Incoming!!! Soon, the crew will be at the dock, selling their catch of the day to those waiting with their pockets full of cash; shrimp on the barbie tonight for dinner!

...and of course, a favorite pastime, watching ships from foreign lands leave for places unknown, or coming in to port with their imports. Oftentimes I wonder how lonely it can be far far from home.
I can certainly see why you love it there so much.
ReplyDeleteThe summers can be brutal heat-wise. But tolerate it, I do only because of the rest of the year & scenes like those shown.
DeleteEven though I do not live near the sea, I love to walk along the beach, smell the sea and watch the waves come to shore whenever there is an opportunity.
ReplyDeleteFor years I was landlocked too. So many times I wished we lived here all our lives.
DeleteHello, I would love to live closer to the ocean. Such beautiful views and great photos. Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.
ReplyDeleteYou're close tho! Aren't you? I picture MD. close to the bay.
Deletebob and I both love being beside the sea, the gulf, the ocean, the river. it is calming and peaceful and one of my favorite sounds is the laughter of gulls. even when they get loud fighting over food. I also like calm waters as well as waves like these. the shrimp boat wins favorite today, but any of them could be.
ReplyDeleteYou were privileged to be close most of your life...lucky.
DeleteI need to be there.
ReplyDeleteIt's foggy this morning, but mild temps. Hoping to get back to the water later today maybe.
DeleteI love all these captures, but especially the foggy one with the gulls. It's a wonderful place to live at this time of the year. :-)
ReplyDeleteIndeed, I agree...Fall, Winter, and Spring. Summer, not so much.
DeleteI often think I am quite content with my move to the mountains till I see your marvelous beach pictures then I do miss those walks, the sounds and the smells. Thanks for taking me along.
ReplyDeleteI miss the Colorado Rockies sometimes, then remind myself why we decided to move away, and I know we made the right decision. No harsh winters keeping me cooped up for months on end.
DeleteBeautiful scenes. To me these are a treat, as I don't get to see things like that around here. I see other beauty, so I'm not complaining. Thanks for sharing your world.
ReplyDelete...as I LOVE viewing your scenic photos
DeleteI have always loved the sea. Your pictures are marvelous! You have sent me an earworm that just will not stop! My dad used to sing this. I did too, along with Mitch Miller. The song has a history! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_the_Beautiful_Sea_(song)
ReplyDeleteOh, I have sang (or hummed) this song 100s of times too.
DeleteWhat a lovely way to start the day. I think I could get used to this pretty fast. (But, not the surfing!)
ReplyDeleteMe too. Love looking OUT to sea, but surfing...nope
DeleteOh my there is a wonderful life of extremely beautiful nature and creatures as well as humans running about soaking it all up too. I just knew it, but the snow and winter and cold and ice just keeps pacing us in an entirely different mode! Enjoy your week and your wonderful nature!
ReplyDeleteI'll take nature like this any day!
DeleteThese are eye candy. I love beaches and water. We're so frozen.
ReplyDeleteThis is a taste of our winter. :-)
DeleteI so love the sunrise shot...and the one of the fisherman....and the boat...I sure understand how you love to go there.
ReplyDeleteIt's a fixation with me.
Delete