In October, for the last 59 years, the city of Corpus Christi has held an annual JAZZ festival. And, both Bud and I attend one of the three days and nights. Thing is, this may have been the last one we go to since the music for last year, and then again, this year, has NOT been to our liking. There are three stages and a long time ago, each stage actually had JAZZ ans SWING...the oldies but goodies! The last two times the bands have played very little JAZZ and more rock and rhythm and blues. Bud and I like the likes of Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller. When we sat at one stage this weekend, the bands were playing classic rock. This is not JAZZ. Of course another purpose of attending is the beer garden, the tents set up showing and selling T-shirts, jewelry, crafts and cultural things....candles, dolls, children's toys and more. I always check out the displays of jewelry....
Here is part of our Sunday...



You'd think these old duffers would've played Sing, Sing, Sing or Night Train....but nope, they were playing Old Time Rock and Roll at the time of me taking photos!!! They were so exciting....NOT!!!!
And we shopped [Bud in blue t-shirt] the different vendors lined up and made use of the beer garden afterward...it was getting hot outside.

I stopped at 'em all...and this particular piece I liked at the Catholic Church Booth. A very contemporary .929 silver crucifix. Eventually, I will most likely have it blessed by a priest. For now tho, I'm wearing it.
Well that's kind of crazy that they have a jazz festival and don't play jazz music. Maybe you should set them straight on the difference between jazz and rock.
ReplyDeleteNice crucifix.
I did give them feedback last year. But same thing this year. So didn't do any good.
DeleteHello, maybe the Jazz band could not make it to the festival? The crucifix necklace is pretty. Have a happy day and a great new week ahead.
ReplyDeleteThey only hire jazz...and several throughout the weekend.
DeleteThat is a beautiful crucifix. I can see why you would like it, I do, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteSomething I've never seen before.
Deletethis is the type thing I never attend, no festivals or music concerts. the crowds of people make me crazy... but if I went to hear jazz I would expect it to be jazz. they are having a jazz festival here sometime this month, a friend said she bought tickets to it. I did not ask for details so have no idea.
ReplyDeleteI am laughing inside my head at the blue shirt hubby with hands behind him. almost all men in public places walk or stand just like that. we had a family reunion and everyone went outside to watch the kids ride their bikes. there were 7 men in the photo and all of them were standing just like this... bob does that in WM or anywhere he is waiting for me to take photos. except a car show.
Men ...mentality. Matches.
DeleteI loved your photos and the beautiful necklace. I’m with Sandra! That pose of Bud is universal!
ReplyDeleteI find myself doing that same pose when I'm perusing book stores lol.
DeleteI'd rather go wandering off by myself and look for birds! :~)
ReplyDeleteOh ya...but gotta keep Bud happy once in a while. He sees a bird & says "same ol' duck". Lol
Delete10/22/2019
How disappointing to go to a Jazz Festival and have it be Rock and Roll by "Old Duffers".
ReplyDeleteI like the swing and mellow jazz too.
Beautiful cross too.
I don't think they smiled once during the whole time. Grumpy. Lol
DeleteSorry the type of music has slid from its original purpose. Sigh. I would have enjoyed it but when it is not what you came to hear, it would be disappointing.
ReplyDeleteLove that cross.
I like classic rock okay, but jazz festival should play jazz.
DeleteSeeing as there are THREE stages, they could have dedicated at least two to jazz! This actually makes it a rock festival. Thankfully there were other fun things to do. Your cross is gorgeous. I like seeing your hubby, if only from the back!
ReplyDeleteWell, you can't hear the others. They nay had had jazz.
DeleteIt's disappointing when a festival doesn't live up to what you expect.
ReplyDeleteWe were debating even going...now we wish we'd stayed home
DeleteI like the jazz and blues variety as well, sorry they have changed it up.
ReplyDeleteOur son lives near Nashville and they have a regular event called Jazz on the Lawn every other week in the summer. He says most are good, but they get some that don't seem to fit also.
That sounds like a terrific way to spend some summer evenings!
DeleteI am so sorry you were disappointed with the music...I would think no one would win in that situation...those that like Jazz would be disappointed and those that don't like Jazz would stay home.
ReplyDeleteYou got that right.
DeleteI do like that color of blue your husband Bud is wearing.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
I do too.
Delete