A couple of things on my 'to do list' have been done. One is to register for the 5K heart walk in October. Got that done this week, and pledged the dollar amount for me to raise before the 'big day'. Then, something I've been meaning to do and haven't up until this week, I also registered to go on the Harbor Bridge Walk at the end of August. This isn't anything special...it will be just a short lecture and then those that attend will get to put their name on the new bridge for a permanent signature. I am looking forward to this...hope I learn some good things about the construction and details as I've been faithfully following its progress.
I've also been patiently waiting for the crowds to thin out so I can go see the new Lion King movie. Hopefully this week sometime. The theater I go to is a 16 plex. And they have the movie in 13 of them [all day long and into the night]!!! The last time I was in the vicinity of the cineplex the parking lot has been full to capacity and tickets have been sold out in advance. Since I don't like crowds, I try to have patience. As some of you may know, the master bedroom at Anni's abode is themed ...movies. From GWTW, Wizard of oZ, Casablanca, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Phantom of the Opera, Cars, Kung Fu Panda, The Corpse Bride and more...I added a piece to the collection/decor. I have always liked plush, soft, stuffed animals:

It talks and sings
I found a recently published novel about Abraham Lincoln [16th president of USA]. The subject which has been under a long drug out debate and scrutinized by many experts...was Lincoln bisexual. Many theories tend to agree he had many gay tendencies; truth, not myth, he was known to sleep with men [witness testimonies]. And let's face it, if you're up on history, Mary Todd Lincoln wasn't a perfect specimen for a wife. Was his marriage to her a 'showcase' to deviate from the truth? Anyway, be it that he WAS gay or WASN'T gay, that remains a long sought out saga. And, no-one will ever know....just surmise or agree to disagree. The book I purchased, A FRIEND OF MR. LINCOLN by Stephen Harrigan will be quite interesting to say the least. AT LEAST....I hope so. The title alone piqued my interest, and it was on sale at half price, so no big loss if it turns out to be one of those glorified fact based novels that tend to give no clue to possible truths.Lincoln's Bisexuality
I did not realize you have the decorations in your master from Movies. my aunt collected memorabilia from all her favorite movies, and put them in china cabinets in her family room. GWTW was the most collected and I wish I had five dollars for everytime she watched that movie...
ReplyDeleteI've watched it over & over also. Same goes for the book!
DeleteYes, I have heard this about Lincoln. I think if he had lived in our modern times, we would know for sure, what with so much various media. And perhaps Mary's temperament was due in part to a frustrating marriage, now that I think of it. Gosh, I can't imagine a movie theater this big! I didn't even know they had ones this big. Ours stop at about 6. I love your beautiful Cardinal header, noticed it the last time and forgot to comment on it.
ReplyDeleteIt IS a big theater! And each holds probably 250 seats. Thanks for the compliment on the header. And you're probably right about today/times past/media. Those ways of life were kept very 'hush-hush'.
DeleteHum, never heard that about Lincoln. Let us know what the book is about.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on signing up for the walk. Wish I could. Also let us know what you think of the Lion King. Reviews have been quite mixed.
Thanks. And, will do on both accounts...
DeleteBook & movie.
I too will look forward to your review of the movie. And I have heard that about Lincoln before but as you say, we will never know for sure. :-)
ReplyDeleteWill do.
DeleteYou are amazing. Wish I had a small portion of your energy. Keep it up as it helps when we get older.
ReplyDeleteI do try to keep active most days.
DeleteLincoln was an interesting person. His boyhood farm is just up the road from mine.
ReplyDeleteOh lucky you...he was one of my favorite historical figures. Is the home public?
DeleteOne of the girls at work went to see Lion King. She said it was excellent.
ReplyDeleteThe truth (or not) about Lincoln was never mentioned in any of our history lessons in school. I wonder why not?...lol
Where have I been...I had not heard that about Lincoln. It will be interesting to see what you think of the book.
ReplyDelete