In the Frosty Air
aka
Everything's Better with Bluebonnet On It...


It was a very COLD, blustery, morning when I ventured out to get an item I forgot at the store previously. I had plans of oiling all the cupboards and then the cathedral ceiling on such a morning that I would have to remain indoors. The item was Scott's Liquid Gold. It cleans the wood and really makes the finish "come alive" again. The hutch doors in the dining room needed a touch of gold too. Outside, the wind was blowing, the real time temperature was 36 degrees, and the feel-like temp had to have been in the mid to upper 20s. I got the oil, and then a few other items to make us a lunch later in the day and left, getting back in the car, I cranked up the heater to full blast and headed home. A few days prior to this outing, I saw a small corner lot that had a lot of bluebonnets in bloom, so this particular morning, I pulled off and got out in the wind, and walked the field with my cell phone in hand, which by the way,  my digits were numb from the cold by the time I was finished walking around taking pictures. This is some of what I saw:









...Once again, back in the car out of the frigid outdoors, I was truly enjoying the hot blast of air coming from the heater vents, blowing directly onto the steering wheel, and my frosty fingers!!!! All the way home.

Today, the 6th, is my youngest grandson's 23rd birthday!!  Happy Birthday Dillon.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your grandson. I appreciate you risking frostbite to bring us these beautiful blue bonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your grandson! The bluebonnets are beautiful. It is really cold here, in the teens. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dillon, and we hd cold fingers on the way to the YMCA today, woke up to 49, going to 63 which is crazy. we had AC in the first 2 weeks of Feb and now heat in March. but we do have beautiful bright sun today.... glad you stopped for a wander in the bluebonnets… Scotts was always my go to for wood, alas I have white non wood cabinets and it doesn't help them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Scott's L G is tops in my book too. It works wonders. I know, AC one week, Furnace the next....it's been crazy.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Dillon.... and Happy Warm Fingers Anni! :) I know spring is on the way but it sure doesn't feel like it. It's 16 degrees here on our homestead... but there's hope in the air. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 16 degrees is just too darned cold!!! Come on warming sunshine!!
      Thanks Andrea

      Delete
  5. For our ancient (vintage) wooden furniture kitchen cabinets and countertops I use Old English Orange Oil. Works fine and smells so good! I love the glow of old wood. -2° this morning at 7am. Another day closer to Spring! LOVE your bluebonnets! I don't think I have ever seen them around here but we do have wild lupine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom used to use Old English Oil for scratches in the wood and woodwork. Minus two is way too cold for me. We used to have purple lupine at our Colorado home in the foothills.

      Delete
  6. Oh, they are gorgeous! For me, the more Bluebonnets the better! Thanks for almost freezing for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some areas of the vacant lot, they were quite thick!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous pictures of the bluebonnets. Thank you so much for freezing your fingers to get them. I read that this is likely to be the "swan song" of cold for the season. Let's hope so! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good....that's good to read!!! High five!!!

      Delete
  8. Today is my MIL's 88th birthday! :) Happy Birthday to your grandson.
    The bluebonnets are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Dillion!

    Love these Blue Bonnets!

    I remember when we could get two pounds of Blue Bonnet for $1...that is showing my age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too. That ages both of us.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to your grandson. I'm glad you braved the cold and got these gorgeous pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents