Beach! I Hit the BEACH!!


I was having withdrawal symptoms of not going to the beach. I left at 6:30 am; in the dark. About 15 minutes from home, driving over the causeway to North Padre Island.  I then pulled off the first Beach Access Road from TX SH361. At this hour only a couple of cars and a few joggers were out and about. I nearly had the beach to myself. 

To the west the moon was still shining, at the eastern horizon, the sky was turning a smokey lavender....not long before sunrise. And what a beauty it was. While I was waiting for the warm colors to appear and the ball of fire over the sea, I played with my lensball. I had my crystal stand, and took photos while propping the lensball on the pylons. Then, as the sun appeared, I took the ball off the stand, and walked to the surf, sitting the ball on the sand and let the tide do its thing.  For the entire time there, I ended adding 59 photos of just sky and surf on the camera's SD card...

Sunrise, and Moon-set [you can see the moon in true time, just above the crystal ball before it's inverted in the refraction]




...thru the surf:




After sitting on the sand to get the tide coming in, I was covered in wet! LOL Brushing off as much as I could before getting back in the car to leave and drive to Port Aransas [I wanted to check the progress -if any- of the nesting falcons], I saw that the sun, partially risen and the sky darkening again, had a bank of dark clouds moving across the orb. What a sight to see! Naturally, I stopped brushing off the sand, and focused on this. I added a 2nd watermark to the images below since I plan on sending them to the local news, I'll keep you posted if they select them to use as the program's backdrop...(so, don't take them)



Leaving via the access road to the state highway, in my rear-view mirror:






23 comments:

  1. Oh MY, I am nearly speechless!! These are glorious!! Awesome! Amazing!!! You are a master of the lensball. My favorite is in the collage, the top large one. Also the third from bottom. But I love all of them. This may be my favorite post of yours ever! But then again, there are the bluebonnets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when you hit the beach, did the beach hit back? Sorry couldn't help myself...lol
    LOVE the third picture down and the series that follows it is awesome. Great idea. That is some amazing sunrise. What a way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rofl
      Good one. You're brilliant this time of day!!

      Delete
  3. These are stunning! My kids went to the beach in Florida for March Break, to visit family. A vicarious thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I were a theif of photos, I would be stealing the set of 5 sunrises in a crystal ball. THEY ARE AMAZING. I would like to have them framed or on canvas on my walls. all the photos are gorgeous but those I just sat and stared at them. I went through the slide show 3 times today... WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are incredible. I like the ball with the wave in the water the best, but they are all wonderful to gaze at. I'll add my own WOW to the others. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lens ball photos are all AWESOME! The rear view mirror shot is very neat and special to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like driving away from a friend, when I looked at the mirror.

      Delete
  7. You really know how to use the lens all for the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the lens ball on the sand and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun getting those shots...except for getting a tad wet/sandy. Thanks Ruth.

      Delete
  9. Oh-my-goodness. These are just stunning photos. You have the eye and the talent. Gobsmacked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the word gobsmacked in years! I'm gonna have to remember to use it. Thanks Patti.

      Delete
  10. Ooooh! So very pretty! I just love the lensball in the sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,,these were some of your best. I miss the wonderful sunrises and sunsets I had in Florida. Thanks.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents