This and That...


Back in mid November I ordered a shirt [knit, long, to wear with leggins] with a tiger print. I ordered it through Amazon. That very hour I placed the order, I received a confirmation email that the order went through. Next morning, I opened my emails and saw that it was shipped. But the delivery date was November 28th through December 18th!!! I went back online and logged into Amazon since my email told me that there was no tracking with the seller. I wondered why on earth it was going to take so long?!!! Well, to find out it was being shipped from Taiwan. That explains the delay. Now the other afternoon I again received an email...this time from the seller. It advised me that they changed carriers and this will have a tracking on it!!! Good to know. I couldn't wait for it to arrive as I love anything and everything with tigers,

- - - -

And again, I get bored sitting at home. I can only read so long before I feel the need to get up and move around. I have a small stash of driftwood pieces I have from walking along the shore. So, I thought I'd start a new wood carving. Driftwood is usually a very soft, porous, wood that I can take a knife to with just a minimal chance of stabbing myself or slicing some skin off my fingers. lol Naturally, I go with ideas of birds...any kinda bird.   I wanted to use this small, thin, piece of root for a fallen tree and then choose a thicker piece for the 'bird'. I started out with the concept of a wader...preferably a heron or egret. But, as I carved, more and more it resembled a flamingo. So, that is what I stuck with; continuing chiseling away....



Once I get it stained and painted and glued onto the 'tree', I'll post photos.  That is....IF IT TURNS OUT DECENT.


- - - -

Now, personally, I have never liked Google Plus. It's way too cliquish, and 99% of the time those that have a blog through this, a 'regular' blogger can't view or comment on their plus 'cause you can't see their posts unless you too are a 'member' of Google Plus. What is the use of having a blog when so many can't view it?!! Anyway, I read this online with our national news via my smartphone, that I am not the ONLY ONE who dislikes it. Google has now decided that Google Plus will be discontinued. And, with that news, they are going to do away with it earlier than was first announced. Yay. Whole thing is, I hope the ones that have blogs through this medium, that they won't lose their blogs!!!!!


- - - -

A new close-up






- - - -

Tarjay [Target] Sale!!!






29 comments:

  1. I never joined Google+ and I haven't heard about the plans to shut it down... I hope I won't even notice!(?) - The wood carving looks interesting, once upon a time (like fifty years ago!) I had woodwork in school... Nowadays it would not be a good hobby for me though (difficulties holding on to tools with my right hand)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby's hands are arthritic so...he ha difficulties hanging on to tools also. I understand.

      Delete
  2. Ho HO HO to your feet... cute. I dislike Gplus also. can't wait to see the carving so please show it whether you like it or not because I could not carve a toothpick and anything you carve will be amazing.... I love tigers, always have and the shirt is beautiful.. my son feels about wolves as you do about tigers. his house is full of wolves and shirts with wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a wolf painting. But just the one.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I like having a tracking number on any order. I am looking forward to seeing your wood carving. The Santa slippers are cute. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great Sunday...and thanks as ever, Eileen.

      Delete
  4. I like those cute slippers! I try to stay out of the stores this month but it would be tempting to go to Target! I love that store. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go there mainly for the popcorn. Lol

      Delete
  5. You were fortunate to get a large portion of talent when it was passed around. They overlooked me. I have never liked Google + and it makes too hard to visit those that do.
    The slippers are great. May you and family have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LV...and happy holidays to you too

      Delete
  6. Did you buy these slippers for yourself? They are so cute, and cannot help but cheer you up when you wear them in the cold winter! I never did mess with Google +, and now am glad I didn't. I could not see the point of it. The shirt is beautiful! But a word of caution. I ran into someone last week who had ordered a gorgeous coat from Amazon, it came from China. They are much smaller than us over there, so she told me she had to order several sizes larger. But you probably had a size chart. I can't wait to see your carving, I know it will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...Santas are something I can't pass up. I read in the description on Amazon about size differences & ordered accordingly.

      Delete
  7. Your carving will be just fine - I know it! Your cat is looking for trouble! I don't have anything tiger or wolfish! What is wrong with me? BUT I do like your slippers. Need to get to Target one day. It's been a long time since I have gone shopping in a real store. Going out means putting on shoes. That may be the problem. Have a great week ahead! Ho! Ho! Ho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Funny thing, I love shoes but would prefer being shoeless. (Barefoot, even better)!

      Delete
  8. Those slippers are very cute! I could sure use them here up north. Another gray cloudy cold day after a full day of heavy rain. I do miss that Southern sun. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't like G+, not surprise it will shut down.
    Tiger look beautiful.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those slippers are flippin adorable.
    I have google plus but never use it because I thought it was stupid. Glad they're doing away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like me, with Facebook. I have it but never use it.

      Delete
  11. Love the slippers, and that cute kitty!
    I can't wait to see your carving.
    I never liked Google plus either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the only one who mentioned 'kitty' I think.

      Delete
  12. Isaiah you are gorgeous!! Darlin' slippers
    LOL on the top order. I ordered something from Amazon last year. Didn't bother with tracking is it was no rush. Rec'd conf. it shipped. Lo and behold I got a package in the mail with a China return but it was addressed to me. I was totally 100% confused I knew no one in China so I carefully opened it...it was what I ordered.

    Looking forward to the carving completion
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me today...we are both with blond roots!

      Delete
  13. I wanted to thank you for participating in Nature Notes in 2018 and wish you a very Happy Holiday Season..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. One whole month? I dislike waiting. That's why seldom buy things online

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! So cute kitty! I hope you are feel well.

    ReplyDelete

Table of Contents