This past weekend, on my Bird Photo Blog, I mentioned that while out walking a park trail at Calallen, Texas, I saw dozens of deer in the park along with the birds seen on my blog. Well, I thought I'd show some of the deer photos here today...





They were everywhere!! Of course, as I posted on my photo blog, this is rutting season for the deer population....rounding up harems, the bucks are!!!!!
...this buck seemed to be picking up a scent!!
...and another very short video was of a yearling. The doe [mama] had just walked past me and I was in shock it got so close to me, before I realized "Hey? I should be recording this!!!!"....
Oh, Annie! These are wonderful photo's and videos of the deer. I have a very soft spot in my heart for deer. They are so sweet and innocent. My husband does not feel the same as they seem to enjoy his fruit in the orchard. Oh well, he is now too old to chase them away and I can sit and watch them when they come to feed.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun watching all the deer!
DeleteThat would be exciting for me getting to see the deer that close up. The only time I've ever seen them is when they are running out in front of my car while I'm driving.
ReplyDeleteI don't recall any deer...but, I've had coyotes run in front of my car. OH...and a Gila monster (wasn't running...crawling) - I stopped for it so it could pass. lol
DeleteHello Anni, pretty captures of the deer! They do not look shy! Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!
ReplyDeleteALMOST tame...almost.
Deleteboth videos are priceless. I think I like the first one best but it is close. I might faint from joy to see all those deer... so precious and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThere is joy to see them, but I fear they are too used to seeing people...in the park & golf course.
DeleteI will second you: oh deer! They are really tame and look well fed. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe park is all grass (and golf course next to the park).
DeleteWhat dear faces your deer collage has on display. And perfectly symmetrical too. The 3rd on the right side of the collage is posing beautifully
ReplyDeleteHugs Cecilia
It's good to know your favorite one!
DeleteThey are gorgeous and what a nice buck!
ReplyDeleteHe was mighty handsome!
DeleteWonderful videos and pictures. We almost hit one the other day. They just jump out of nowhere. Are they on the roads and highways there?
ReplyDeleteIt's scary to have them jump right out in front of you, I know. And yes, deer are always along & on on highways!
DeleteThese deer look to be very healthy and hopefully, will stay away from harm in their park. Glad you took so many beautiful pictures for the enjoyment of seeing their lovely eyes, ears, racks and graceful forms in life and movements.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to know you enjoyed them Ms G.
DeleteThat buck looks pretty nice.Well, actually they all look good.
ReplyDelete....some of my favorite critters!
DeleteWow! You got some amazing shots. They are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Deleteclose up captures,...so exciting.
ReplyDeletehave a great day
Thanks.
DeleteMy hubby is always saying I should hit record! But I'm always so intent on trying to focus on a moving animal that I forget! I love deer... they are just so perfect! Great photos AND video! Holiday hugs!
ReplyDeleteLike you, I do the same. Think shutter button only!
DeleteThat's awesome! There is this cool product that is usually used when capturing pictures using trail cameras but this stuff is actually really good for the animals. https://critterlick.com/benefits-natural-mineral-salt-game-attractant
ReplyDelete