Riverside Park - PART II


The Guadalupe River [along the bordering property of the Riverside Park] in Victoria Texas





- - -

The Texas Zoo
[small in area]

The animal collection is small in number, a lot by midday were well hidden in their cooler stone alcoves. ... Gray Fox, Red Wolf, Ocelot, Goats, Timber Wolf, Coyote and more were 'camera shy'. Also, in the Aviary section, lots of birds...owls, cararcaras, parrots, spoonbills, ducks, peafowl and more.






...this is my FAVORITE PHOTO of the zoo!!! To me, it speaks volumes...




RIVERSIDE PARK - part 1

23 comments:

  1. The paws are enormous! I believe I see the grey fox?? He is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No gray fox in the photos I share...the fox was not seen that day I was there.

      Delete
  2. Holy smokes, look at the size of those paws. I haven't been to a zoo in a really long time. I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, beautiful critters. Those paws are big. I have mixed reactions to zoo's. I love them for their conservation and hate them for caging the animals. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to look at it this way...sometimes they are saving a species that may be near extinction.

      Delete
  4. your favorite zoo is my favorite tooooo. love that giant sized paw... the river is so beautiful and one I would love to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those paws could rip you in pieces without much effort...massive.

      Delete
  5. I love that paw picture. And your pictures of the critters are, as usual, very well done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Zoo's give kids an opportunity to see the diversity of Mother Nature and helps form an appreciation for all of the creatures of the world. Some of my favorite memories are going to the Zoo, feeding the ducks and birds.
    Thanks for the grand tour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, but I do not like zoos but think they are educational for some. I can only really justify them for conservation of the endangered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, isn't that the point of having zoos? Conservation and education?

      Delete
    2. But personally I do not like to see the caged animals.

      Delete
    3. Oh...now I gotcha.

      Delete
  8. I love Zoos. Especially the ones with large enclosures, and ones that are working to keep different species from extinction. Giant Pandas were going to be extinct in no time until the Zoo Networks worked to breed in captivity and then help the babies to grow.
    My life is slowly calming down, so I will have more time to pop in!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoos and scientific knowledge may help tose animals.

      Delete
  9. I hate seeing animals caged too. And is that a wild boar I see? They look scary! Beautiful animals, all part of God's glorious creation that he intended us to care for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some cute critters, and I just love the paw photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those paws make a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I just snapped a photo...creating the paws I had nothing to do with it. 😊

      Delete

Table of Contents