A short post today! I left mid morning Friday [a late start for me] to drive to Refugio, Texas so I could walk Lions Shelly Park. Well, it was gated...closed. And they had several parks' employees mowing and doing work on the park grounds. I decided to drive another 50 miles to Victoria Texas so I could go to Riverside Park and walk the long Nature Trail, and check out the Guadalupe River for maybe some flooding [our Nueces River is out of its banks since they opened the flood gates up north at the dam on the reservoir]....anyway, I took many pictures of the park and golf course, the zoo, the river and fountain. But, I got home late in the afternoon, and didn't have time to upload my pictures from the camera to the computer...I will choose just these two from the Texas Zoo which, since I left home late, by the time I walked in the zoo entrance it was past noon...so most animals were hidden within their individual compounds in shade...sleeping probably. The zoo is within the Riverside Park. An Emu it was very curious so I dubbed him George....


First Game of the Baseball Playoffs with Astros pitted against the Red Sox is tonight [13th].....Go ASTROS!!!!
The second picture of the emu made me laugh with the hairdo. Looks like he had his eye on you. I remember reading the curious George books back in school. Thanks for the flashback
ReplyDeleteThat was my intention...Curious George (the books) 😁
DeleteHello, Anni
ReplyDeleteI like Curious George. He looks a like wet or has his feather all ruffled. Cute photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for the comment and visit to my blog.
I know his beak was encrusted with dried mud. lol
DeleteHe's definitely curious! I look forward to more pictures coming up. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll try to work on some today
DeleteNot sure I find him loveable... :) but a looker!! :)
ReplyDeleteA 'looker' in a couple ways! lol
DeleteEmus sure are crazy looking birds. And they can really RUN! your close up of his face is stunning! The face would make a great Halloween mask.
ReplyDeleteIt would!
Deleteemus are like pelicans, so ugly they are cute, I love the close up of the eye. I did not get a rose from the strangers I talked to. maybe next time
ReplyDeleteAgreed...so ugly they're cute.
DeleteI like George!!!
ReplyDeleteWe have shut down, after our Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend. BUt we're not in Texas, and cold and snow are on their way!!!!
No snow. But the 'cold' sounds great after months of extreme heat here.
DeleteI think George is pretty cute! You got some good photos!
ReplyDeleteThat he is
DeletePretty George!
ReplyDelete;-)
DeleteSound like a grand place to walk.
ReplyDeleteCoffee is on
It is.
Delete