The Coastal Bend 5k heart walk pledged nearly a quarter of a million dollars!!! We did good. Makes my measly $25 pledge seem like pocket change!!!!!

The National Anthem, and me with my 'heart'.

The crowd awaiting the 'gun' to begin...

A rainbow on the cloud...I don't recall the word for it, but there is a special name for this type of rainbow.

...We're off!!

...going the first half


...returning to the starting gate

...cheerleaders nearing the end of the walk! Bubbles on the stairway of the ball field...
The LAST LAP!!!
I didn't break my record of time from last year, but I musta taken a larger stride. Last year it was measured at a little over 9000 steps...this year, 1 hour and 20 minutes with 8821 steps!!!!
October6, 2018
8:30 a.m.
Wow, you guys raised a nice chunk of change. This makes me want to find something around here to participate in. I wonder how long it would take me to walk that far.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure there is! If not...go to city council the next meeting, and suggest it!
Deletewhat a fun and beautiful place to walk, yay for all those steps... your heart is adorable and love that photo of you... my gas tank is filled at a half tank, it will go as far as yours does, but I never let it get below half because if I do HUBBY YELLS at me... but that's another story. I drive 165 to 170 miles and fill it
ReplyDeleteGotcha...that makes sense!
DeleteGreat job, Anni. And it does amaze me that so much was raised, a little at a time, for your cause. It sure does look warm in those pictures, for this time of year! :-)
ReplyDeleteWarm? More like HOT. lol
DeleteWonderful! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Thanks!
DeleteWell done Anni! Do you have a heart pillow? My husband still has his after his heart attack. All the nurses, doctors and friends signed it.
ReplyDeleteCloud iridescence is the occurrence of colors in a cloud similar to those seen in oil films on puddles, located in the general vicinity of the sun or moon. It is a fairly common phenomenon, most often observed in altocumulus, cirrocumulus, lenticular clouds and cirrus clouds.
Cloud iridescence - Wikipedia
YES! That's it...iridescent
DeleteI LOVE seeing this post. Because you don't usually post yourself, so I rarely get to see you. You did so good! I hope it wasn't too hot. These rainbow spots are called Sun Dogs. I don't like that name, so I call them Sun Spots.
ReplyDeleteA sun dog is not this...sun dogs are at the 'side' of the sun, like a mock sun. This was just a rainbow on a cloud...in the west...the sun was just risen.
DeleteI admire you for all the things you get involved in. Great for us all if we would just do it. You look in good shape just do not overdo it. I am tired reading your post. However, years ago I walked four miles a day, but it is something you have to day everyday. Not now. You did good!
ReplyDeleteYou're always so encouraging!
DeleteHuge congratulations to you personally and to the event for the truly Texas-sized total raised. A marathon with a true personal meaning for you ... and your great example means at least as much as any pledge amount.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sallie.
DeleteThat is a nice amount raised for a great cause. It feels good to participate. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and week ahead.
ReplyDeleteYes it does make us feel like we accomplished so much.
DeleteGreat job!
ReplyDeleteWorth a Thousand Words
Thanks so much!
DeleteWell done you. That's an incredible amount of money that was raised.
ReplyDeleteNot quite the goal set, but still amazing! Thanks.
DeleteGood for you Anni! You look good and that's a lot of money raised!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari!
DeleteWay to go!
ReplyDelete:-)
Delete$25 helps to fill the bucket! Every drop is important!
ReplyDeleteYa, I know you're right.
DeleteIf Micael stays on the course they are showing, we are not in his path. the eastern front is pushing him away from us. I just hope the front keeps pushing
ReplyDeleteMe too! Stay safe & pray he does no-one harm!
DeleteYou are so dedicated to your goals. I admire you for that.. I try for 5000 steps each day, but a struggle, though I do swim most days, so don't get "credit" for my non waterproof fit bit. Loved the pic...now I have a visual!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a good number to work with!
DeleteWow, Anni, I am impressed. You go, girl.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, I have fallen into disrepair and it has lasted for some several weeks, but am becoming stronger by the day.
It is great to be back on Blogspot.
Kay
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel
I'm happy to see you here Kay!!
Delete