I really don't know where the past week went...but it sure went by so quickly!
One day I went in to get the car's tires rotated [it's been over a year!], and ended up needing new tires. Since I'm usually alone when I drive this vehicle, I didn't hesitate after the representative showed me the lack of tread. Now I have a 'new pair of shoes' on it and I feel more safe driving alone to places unknown.
Then, another day I didn't feel up to par so I was spending most of the waking hours, reading the book my sister sent me...CLEMENTINE The Life and Times of Mrs. Winston Churchill. Since my son, Erik, plans on writing his PhD dissertation on Winston Churchill, I've been trying to read as much as I can on the subject. I got about half way through the book that very day....learning quite a bit of the two, their marriage, their children, their aspirations....quarrels, love, travels, financial traumas, etc. I also learned that her name is NOT ClemenTINE [as in wine] but, ClemenTEEN...Winston's pet name for her was Clemmie. And, I most definitely have come to the conclusion, even tho I've not completed the book, that she was quite neurotic in my opinion.
Another day I worked a bit on my indoor orchids....Yes, I talked to them....they didn't talk back tho. Guess I didn't say much of interest.



One day I went in to get the car's tires rotated [it's been over a year!], and ended up needing new tires. Since I'm usually alone when I drive this vehicle, I didn't hesitate after the representative showed me the lack of tread. Now I have a 'new pair of shoes' on it and I feel more safe driving alone to places unknown.
[no, this isn't my car...tho I'd love to own it! I saw it along the park road when walking back in March]
Then, another day I didn't feel up to par so I was spending most of the waking hours, reading the book my sister sent me...CLEMENTINE The Life and Times of Mrs. Winston Churchill. Since my son, Erik, plans on writing his PhD dissertation on Winston Churchill, I've been trying to read as much as I can on the subject. I got about half way through the book that very day....learning quite a bit of the two, their marriage, their children, their aspirations....quarrels, love, travels, financial traumas, etc. I also learned that her name is NOT ClemenTINE [as in wine] but, ClemenTEEN...Winston's pet name for her was Clemmie. And, I most definitely have come to the conclusion, even tho I've not completed the book, that she was quite neurotic in my opinion. Another day I worked a bit on my indoor orchids....Yes, I talked to them....they didn't talk back tho. Guess I didn't say much of interest.


Also, started another paint in pastel work...This one will be a challenge. -lots of Autumn aspen trees in the foreground, and getting the shading and colors...well, maybe this one will be tossed in file #13 [trash]
Oh, and another day....that was August 1st...I always have this day marked on the calendar each and every year since we've lived here....it's the day that Tuesday Morning [store] puts out their witches for the season. I bought two and probably will go back in a week or two to make sure no others I see will be missed for this time. I'll show these little beauties when it gets closer to Halloween. Y'know I love 'em!! To fill out the rest of the week....Laundry, very little cooking, a bit of yard work and a bit of walking here and there.
It's predicted to be rainy this weekend [not much rain, but a tropical wave from near the Caribbean has been heading our way all week. It's a wave, not an all-out tropical storm/hurricane.
Maybe tomorrow I'll do some birding if it's not too wet or hot.
PS...Isaiah says "howdy"!!! He KNOWS he's not supposed to be on the laptop...Cute, tho, huh? If you look up the name Isaiah, the meaning is simple...diablo as Bud calls him, I often think Isaiah means 'turd'...but who am I to judge?

Churchill was a remarkable man.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Isaiah is adorable and my son had a Diablo cat, but he named him Jesse James, that cat was so funny, he kept us in stitches. he never out grew his kitten self. sadly a few weeks ago at 3 years old he started having horrible siezures and after a week they had to send him over the rainbow bridge. they are broken hearted their little wild cat is gone. they have 2 dogs and 5 cats. I am thinkiig someone would buy your file 13 paintings, they look fine to me...you are so talented. I want to paint every time I see one of yours.
ReplyDeleteSad knowing about the kitty, Jesse James.
DeleteThanks for the compliments.
The orchids are special... How long and often do they bloom? The fragrance must be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteDepends on indoor temperatures & light. They can be quite tempermental sometimes. The fragrance is subtle, not over-powering.
DeleteHello, your orchids are beautiful. Love the sweet kitty. I did not have a bird post yesterday, I will try to link up next week. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThat's okay...hope to see you link in next week tho. Have a great week ahead of you.
DeleteThat's a very good start on the painting. I would be very tempted to blend and smear with my fingertips - do you do that? It looks as someone was driving that beautiful old car. Your kitten is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI blend with my blending pencil (rubber tipped). Except for detailing. And, yes, the car was being driven.
DeleteI have my tires checked often. I have a fear of having a flat on the highway and would be scared if someone stopped to help. Love your art work. You are a lady of many interests and talents.
ReplyDeleteI agree...now-a-days, you can't be too careful.
DeleteHow can you get mad at a kitty this cute? NO, don't throw away your artwork without showing us first! You are your own toughest critic. I didn't know you have indoor orchids!! How long have you had them? Wow, they are stunning. I have heard so much about owning them. From the fact that they are just too hard to raise, to the fact that they are easy. Do you have other house plants, too? Does Isiah like them? Now I want to know more about Clementine's neurosis. Your son must be really smart, what kind of job does he want? Does he live close?
ReplyDeleteOrchids can be a bit tempermental. I think a lot of people over-water being that they're 'tropical'. They're up high...away from his reach. (At least for now).
DeleteHe is a governtment professor at a college in Houston.
Your orchids are just wonderful. But I think I am in love with your kitty... :-)
ReplyDeleteYou can be his blog foster parent! ::wink::
DeleteLove your orchids. We knew a man in San Antonio who grew orchids. He always gave us some when my husband went to work on the soda fountain in his home.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh, how nice.
DeleteI admire your orchids and your growing talents. I have wanted to get one, but they seem quite needy.
ReplyDeleteYep...good word: needy.
DeleteHa - but Isaiah is cute!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy your artwork.
I love that old car!
Thanks...I would LOVE to have that car!
DeleteSounds like you had a full week, with never a dull moment.
ReplyDeleteHopefully this week will be a bit slower...lol
DeleteI remember from the days when I had cats how they liked to lay on the keyboard or simply plant their butts in front of the screen.
ReplyDeleteThose orchids are very pretty.
Cats...they rule the roost!
DeleteI seem to remember I have already commented on this post. Something about Churchill. Or did I imagine it? Come to think of it ... am I writing this now or just imagining it?
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Yep...you've commented here.
DeleteHi Annie. It's been forever since I've visited. I'm trying to get back into the swing of visiting blogs.
ReplyDeleteWe moved to Missouri 15 months ago. I changed my blog and it's filled now with Takes From the Bootheel.
See you again soon.
Welcome back to blogging Annie!
DeleteBeautiful orchids!
ReplyDelete'Clementine' sounds like something I would like to read, too
Names may mean different things in different languages. In Hebrew 'Isaiah' means God is my savior.
Have a wonderful week!
Oh ya...I know...with Isaiah, I'm just kidding.
DeleteTime does fly way too fast nowadays!! I can't believe the witches are out already before a single autumn leaf has fallen ... at least in my neck of the woods. :)
ReplyDeleteYep...more stores are bringing out autumn things.
DeleteI had to laugh at the old car photo - glad you got new tires. I need to buy them too.
ReplyDeleteCars: expensive toys!
DeleteSounds like a fascinating book. Your orchids are lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteI live just a few miles from Chartwell, Churchill's home. His studio is crammed with his paintings. A man with many talents. Don't you find the days and weeks are just flying past.
ReplyDeleteIt would be SO fascinating to see.
Delete