MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




Haunting, the Dead, St. Nicholas...Thoughts of an Eclectic Nature



WANNA SNIFF?

I'm sure a lot of you bloggers have noticed a message in your comments from Jerry B. He has taken on a huge, time consuming, task. And it's worthy of giving it a look see!!! His new site, called SITE HOUND SNIFFS is a vast listing of blogs...all listed in categories!! I've been honored [both Hootin' Anni's and I'd Rather B Birdin'] to be added to the growing list. Check it out sometime soon...and take time to view some sites he has listed...don't forget to send along a note of thanks and appreciation for all his many hours of work!!  By the way, the image here is from the site...I hope I'm not infringing...I think it's adorable and needs to be seen more than just on Jerry's site.  After all, it's a valuable asset at our fingertips.

DAY OF THE DEAD - flowers too


...well, it isn't until October 31st thru November 2nd, but our city will begin celebrating with a street fair, parade and more on the 29th. Of course I'll be there, haunting. At least the craft booths, the wall of remembrance, and the parade. I have a room full of some of our Day of the Dead trinkets on display...








GHOST SHIP



In honor of Halloween...I write this:
The USS Lexington, an aircraft carrier from the 1940's is nicknamed the Blue Ghost for a reason...In our harbor, we have a real ghost ship! It's also a WWII museum. But there have actually been apparitions and odd things happening aboard!! Read about it HERE...from Haunted Places to go dot com.


TV - Online

I have yet to watch BULL online. According to the internet news, BULL is the #1 new show for the season. Of course, it's time slot is nestled between two of the most popular...what do you expect? I am ever so faithful of NCIS/NCIS New Orleans. Lots of new characters in each program. I'm not impressed with the two new agents on NCIS...hopefully they'll improve with time, but for now, it's wha, wha, wha....woe is me for the both of them [Torres and Quinn]. Then, watching NCIS New Orleans...I don't miss Agent Brody at all; she just didn't fit in to begin with in my opinion. Now we have a new agent on this program also...A supposedly temporary FBI agent that will most likely replace Agent Brody. As I watch tho, I get a bit of deja vu with her. This week, watching episode 3, it dawned on me...she looks a lot like Angelina Jolie! And I guess I'm not the only one who agrees...this split image was found on cheezburger.com's look-alikes. What do you think?



...then, Gregorio's FBI director, Agent Isler. He too looks like someone. And again, it dawned on me. Jeff Dunham's puppet...Peanut!!  [no disrespect here...I LOVE Peanut!!!]  You decide...




FIVE star BOOK REVIEW

Glenn Beck's The Immortal Nicholas. One word...awesome!! I know Mr. Beck is more popular as a radio talk show host, with a voiced opinionated political stance for the most part. I've always been a bit skeptical of picking up any of his published books. This one was on the dollar shelf at Half Price Books, and I figured you can't even buy gum for that price, if it's no good, it won't be a waste of money. LOL....
So, I bought it, brought it home, and truthfully, I don't want to put it down. Excellent. Mr. Beck brings the human touch of St. Nicholas, as a man, to life. Not as a rolly polly jolly ol' elf, but a regular man with a life as a guard to the three wise men on their way to Bethlehem. He meets the King of Kings and from there I haven't read beyond this as of this posting. I can't wait to see how it ends. I am totally impressed with this unique way of telling a fabled story of Santa Claus and joining it with the Biblical side of the meaning of Christmas.  From online reviews, the majority critics and 'common readers' rate this book FIVE stars!!!

"Before he was Father Christmas, he was a father"

53 comments :

  1. You find the most interesting books! Your collection is very good! I have not heard from Jerry B. I wonder why he is doing this? It seems it will be so unrewarding. And it will be unending, there are too many to list. There is likely a reason that we do not know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see it as unrewarding at all....it's a task that shows a bit of sharing the good blogs and helping others, perhaps finding new friendships and some with the same common interests.

      Delete
  2. The 'Day of the Dead' festival looks like fun! We don't have anything like that here....She really does look like Angelina Jolie! Loving that new show, 'Bull'! Have fun at the festival! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the first one that has left positive reviews of BULL....it's the top new show, I will watch an episode eventually.

      Have a great weekend Karen.

      Delete
  3. Gosh i love the sound of the book too, will scoot off to have a search for it here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Day of the Dead festival sounds like fun. I also like the sound of the book, maybe Amazon could find me a copy here in the UK>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can find one on Amazon.

      Delete
  5. That is a truly impressive collection of trinkets you have and I like all the pictures you took of them. I had no idea who Terry was so when I got emails wanting to use my head or on his site I just deleted them I don't take emails or click on things that I don't know the person. I recorded this series both and we watch the first one and did not like it and then decided to watch one more and half way through the second one we deleted the series. Not everything is for everybody I'm sure people are loving our new favorite is designated Survivor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry's a good fellow blogger.
      Ya, that's why I'm not too 'gung ho' of watching it. Maybe I'll try it sometime when I'm bored.

      Delete
  6. Hello Anni!:) When I was approached by Jerry B, I was only too pleased to share my header to his list. As you probably know, I have no watermarks on my photos, and if bloggers like my images, then they are welcome to copy, as long as they respectfully ask permission as Jerry did. The day of the dead is big in Brazil, but I had no idea that you celebrated it in Texas. What fun!!:) The stories about the Blue Ghost were hair raising! A friend of mine who lives in an old Victorian building, which is divided into three apartments, often hears the laughter of children in his hallway, even though there are no children in the building, and guests have seen apparitions of a woman walking in the corridors. What do you think about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....that would be chilling and I'd be standing [or running away] with goose flesh...my oh my.

      Delete
  7. I hadn't heard about "Bull" but now I'll have to check it out. This was sure a good eclectic post! That bat skeleton fascinates me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skeleton was a cool find at the dollar store. I had to bring one home and add it to the decor. lol

      Delete
  8. I've watched a couple of Bull episodes and think they are just "OK." (2 popcorn bags.) I, too love Peanut Puppet; in fact, all of of Jeff Dunham's puppets. Your collection of DoD trinkets is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't coax myself into watching Bull....yet anyway. I'm just not impressed with the concept I guess. dunno the reason.

      Oh, I like all the puppets too...but Walter and Peanut are my favorites!!

      Delete
  9. The book sounds really interesting. I haven't watched any of the shows you've mentioned, but the look alikes are pretty funny!!! Enjoy your street fair; I wish our town hosted something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A couple hours and you can join me...how long does it take to fly to CC Texas from Florida? lol

      Thanks Suz.

      Delete
  10. never heard of bull, therefore never watched it. i will have to remember to look in to it. the skulls/trinkets, wow, what a collection. because you said room, i assume they are always on display, not just for halloween....that is an interesting theme to collect!!

    going to check out site hounds sniff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No....not always on display...I change decorations as each season approaches.

      Thanks Debbie.

      Delete
  11. Such fun visiting you as you find so many interesting things to share. I like that Halloween one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure having you visit with me LV. Thanks!!

      Delete
  12. You are too funny. I think those two gals do look alike but Angelina's jaw line is different. Now, wouldn't you know it... I'd find some dinky little detail to point out. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...now that you brought that up...the eye color is different too.

      Delete
  13. Yes, a bit they do resemble each other. I sure enjoyed these stories and will check out more on line, I love ghost and ship stories, but I have to shut down and get to work now! Take care, have a great day and post more goodies for Halloween, they are Boo-tiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you didn't work too hard....or long! Thanks Karen.

      Delete
  14. I haven't heard of that tv show, or book! You always find out new things on blogs don't you. Enjoy your Halloween! Thank you for being part of Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy....and have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  15. Thanks for sharing your Five. Lots of wonderful things to read about. I really enjoyed seeing all your Day of the Dead items. Very interesting...and spooky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too thought they were spooky until I learned what day of the dead actually meant. Thanks Sharon.

      Delete
  16. I have been a follower of Jerry's other blog for years and have always enjoyed his comments on my blog. He rarely fails to make me laugh with the things he will say. I'm sure he would appreciate your mention here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter is good!!! I'm so impressed with his work...it must take hours in the day to accomplish what he's done.

      Delete
  17. Not doing much for Halloween. But the crafts are neat looking.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I enjoy the crafty part of Halloween too....the decorations more than the day itself.

      Delete
  18. a ghost ship....pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool maybe....scary maybe! I dunno. lol

      Delete
  19. Will check out your book recommendation for sure and also will stop by John's blog... what a daunting task that would be to list the blogs. But fun to review his listings. Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and Happy Halloween to you too Jeanne

      Delete
  20. I've toured the USS Lexington a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we've been there several times....Bud enjoys it, but for me, once was enough. LOL

      Delete
  21. I know you are a fan, but the whole halloween thing is a bit of a mystery to me!!

    Hope all is well.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you don't celebrate it in your country, I can understand it being a 'mystery'.

      Delete
  22. I did hear from Jerry B and am honored to be on his list. What a lot of work!
    I do see the Peanut similarity. :) Cute!
    The book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the book. Such a tale he has created...not only the meaning of Christmas, but Santa as a 'human' instead of a fabled character out of a fantasy.

      Delete
  23. Did not know about that site, so thanks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a work in progress!! Many, MANY sites/blogs are listed already.

      Delete
  24. Enjoyed your five, that guy does look like Peanut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...just put the green tuft of hair on his head...yessiree. lol

      Delete
  25. I have that same skeleton bat!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Anni! Fun Halloween post and images. Jerry B and his blog is new to me, I will check it out. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your Saturday and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Have a great Street party, hope it isn't tooooo spoooky.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don`t know Jerry B, will check him out. You like the same shows as I do,wait till you see Bull,it is great! Loved your halloween creatures,have a great weekend!phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, I do not have the words to expression my gratitude. I kinda panicked when I saw that you had split up SiteHoundSniffs because of it being so new and search engines might not have it even on the first page like that--let alone at the top of a search, but when I checked this now, Google had it in second place behind Frugal Hound Sniffs, which is a Facebook shoe site that has nothing to do with SiteHoundSniffs.com. Oh no, I mentioned shoes around a girl... (LOL?) In all seriousness, the fairly great degree of inaccuracies to search engine results is one of things that SiteHoundSniffs is trying to help with. After all, one might come up with millions of hits on a search, but 99% or more of them will not be anywhere close to what the search was for because of SEO manipulation. Of course, we will never be big enough to help a lot.

    I saw that you mentioned Bull. My wife has loved it from the beginning, but I have had my reservations. For his services could only be affordable to the very rich, and I though that the show would be indeed must-see-TV if he was providing it to the innocent and desperately poor pro bono. It looks like that is the way they are heading from the last episode or so. So, I will be watching it with her again (when I am taking a break from the keyboard).

    We watched the first episode to the brand=new Pure Genius this week. I hate the general attitude of the genius at the heart of the show, but I love his vision.

    ReplyDelete

.