“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Día de Muertos and All Black and White...

I'll be joining Adrienne this week for Black and White Wednesday, so I decided to do all my photos for this post in greyscale [Black and White].


The best way to begin ... sharing our 4 legged children; One black....a tabby named Tahoe [I call her "Pretty Kitty" -she answers to that name]



The other...a White Persian named Winston [I call him Winnie the Pooper -he answers to Winnie]


They're like Yin and Yang "Taoism: Like two halves make a whole...most often they're together. When separated they seek each other to reform the 'whole'." A starting definition: Yin / Yang : Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition it is unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves – yin / yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. Read more on Yin/Yang and see the Symbol for Yin/Yang HERE [Yin/Yang is also always black and white]


- - -


As I am a collector of Halloween Witches, Bud is more into the skulls and skeletons...the newest in our collection for 2016 is this 12 inch resin Día de Muertos bride and groom couple purchased while at Tuesday Morning last month!! Again, Day of the Dead is NOT bizarre as it sounds...it's a loving, traditional, religious, celebration of remembering family members...all like Memorial Day is in our American Culture...it's a healthy, wonderful way to honor and commemorate a loved one by celebrating their lives and past  here on earth.



- - -


Birds of a Feather...Black Necked Stilts Reflections


- - -


At Oso Bay Wetlands, water lilies in the pond...




- - -

Barbed Wire and Iron Fence Post...




- - -


Fly Me to the Moon!



These ARE original colors


- - -


Lastly, my Yin/Yang antique earrings. The silver really needs to be polished before I wear them again. And, the 'colored image' isn't much different than the black and white, but shows a bit of the opalescence and the onyx in their natural state more...

47 comments :

  1. You are talented in any venue, Anni. And getting a leg up on the spooky season! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, you know me and the Fall Holidays! LOL

      Delete
  2. Anni, these B&W's are stunning. I'm especially liking the detail on Tahoe - not an easy feat with a black subject. The lily is luminous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've shared some beautiful photos today! I agree with Barb - that pic of Tahoe is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Your moon pictures are just AWESOME!! I love them! The stilts and their reflections are gorgeous! They look like tuxedo birds. And what a treat to see your kitties. I did not know you had any! We have two cats too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, two cats....love 'em both!! Thanks Ginny

      Delete
  6. I really like the black and whites. Winston sort of looks like he has a little mustache. I'm glad to hear he answers to the Winnie part of his nickname and not the Pooper part :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I first saw him at the shelter when we adopted him, I thought of Winston Churchill...he looks so 'puckery' like the Prime Minister. LOL

      thanks Ann

      Delete
  7. I do enjoy b/w photography. It really lets you focus on the details. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have many B/W photos of the past, portraits mostly, because color wasn't an option when they were taken. Now I'll will try changing some recent ones into greyscale. Results coming soon on my blog. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. laughing still on Winnie the pooper.. your kitties are beautiful. I really like the sliver of the moon in black and white.. perfect... some things beg for black and white and I think your little bride and groom are one of those things

    ReplyDelete
  10. I understand the Yin and Yang cat concept as I have a pair (brothers) who seek each other out and even sit and sleep in the same positions together. And I love the concept of Yin and Yang, both the binding together and the freedom to change. Your earrings are beautiful, by the way, and the moon shots ... oh my! It is good to hear you speak highly of the Day of the Dead. I so enjoy the celebration and have friends who participate in parades. It is a colorful, delightful reminder of the lives of people we have shared parts of our lives with and now have to live with their absence. This was a beautifully done black and white post, Annie ... Very colorful in it's own way :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved reading your comment Andrea. You and I think alike in so many ways.

      Delete
  11. Hello Anni, wonderful collection of B&W images. Your kitties are adorable. I love the stilts and the moon shots. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and enjoy your week too Eileen.

      Delete
  12. I love BW photography ~ lovely post and gorgeous photography ~ especially like your cats!

    Wishing you smooth sailing days ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool shots, I especially enjoy the cats. BTW, I participate in Black and White Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesday is a better day for me to participate....the weekend, for me, it my 'quiet time'. [even tho I am retired, I like to not be online]

      Delete
  14. I love B&W photography! Some great shots here. I especially like the moon shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful black and white shot. Very cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cats but didnt like "resin Día de Muertos bride and groom couple" . Looks very scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a figurine....not scary, is it? A photo of a live venomous snake would be MORE scary to me.

      Delete
  17. Gorgeous shots in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, and thanks for hosting Our World.

      Delete
  18. Ohhh so good to see Tahoe and Winnie in B&W!! Don't you just love how B&W brings out new things in a picture. Hugs to you all Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to color. lol But you're right on with the monochrome bringing out 'new' things.

      Delete
  19. love your sweet kitties. love the barbed wire shot and grasses. so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you with the fencing. Thanks Ms. T

      Delete
  20. Dearest Anni; Wonderful series of monochrome pictures, especially your sweet kitties♡♡♡
    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear Japanese friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and hugs right back at you dear Miyako. Thanks!

      Delete
  21. Excellent photos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What beautiful animals. I also love your water lilies and lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cats! I adore tabbies, they are so cozy.

    I am glad I have found your blog; will definitely follow for more beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the photos of your black and white cats, Anni, and the bird and flowers photos, plus the moon-shots. So many black and white, yin and yang, things. As someone here has already said, you are very talented.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  25. Winnie the pooper...love it.. Black and white gives a whole other feeling to photos.. Thank you for linking in Anni...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely shots! Love the moon shots! Sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete

.