my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Come on in...Sit a Spell....Anni's Talkin'

So, I've been trying to think of something I can do while being idle on the days I'm not outdoors. Of course I'm reading...the book I've been reading now is The Spy Mistress; a Civil War Epic Novel which is supposedly based on a true story. I am barely into it tho, so I can't critique it yet. Then, I did a craft project with the GOP earrings, and now need something else to occupy my indoor time! The light bulb went on above my head! "Anni, it's been YEARS since you've done any embroidery work!" "But, where are my hoops?" I spent a few minutes pondering just where I have them stored. I searched through all my hard plastic storage bins with needlework items....nope, nada. Not there! I know they've not been thrown out! One is an antique hoop!! My mother's!! Then, I got down on my hands and knees to take out junk in the closet....pulled out my carpetbag that holds all my crochet yarn leftovers. I paused a while contemplating using the scrap yarn to crochet granny squares and then piece 'em together for an afghan. "No...forget that idea Anni" "I have enough afghans to warm a platoon in New Zealand!!" I grabbed the carpetbag, and went in another room, sitting in a comfortable chair. Aha!!

I found 'em!!


Scary, huh?

But, I decided there is something much more demanding. And desperate times call for desperate measures. Yep, I ended up using my time cleaning this mess out. Now for an embroidery project? I hafta make a trip to the craft shops in town to check out some of the printed patterns for sewing; what lies in store. For now, the yarn is neatly rolled into balls, the hoops have been returned into the bag, and the bag is back in storage. Maybe I'll have some embroidery motivation again soon . On second thought, my sketch pad is sitting by waiting for one of my brilliant ideas, the brain is filled with cobwebs at the moment, [I haven't had an idea, brilliant or otherwise, in weeks since I last penciled a sister's memory & a caricature of The Donald].  OR then again, my pink stationary bike is collecting dust, I could wipe that off and pedal my arce around town...but that'll get me nowhere fast!

- - -


Winnie the Poo

Speaking of getting 'nowhere fast'...today is the last day of a whole 14 days, twice a day, of administering antibiotics for Winston's abscess.  He's gotten our routine down, and I can see in his eyes that the ritual is really getting 'old'!
"Winston?"
"It's time for your meds!" 
...he looks so down and out as I pick him up
First, the large hole in what was once draining abscess, is now nearly healed.   We have had to clean the wound with medicated wash, then, recover it with a non-stick band-aid that has been taped to an ace bandage to wrap around the shaved neck, pin it on.  When that is done, then it's measuring the liquid antibiotics to 5ml and struggle to get him to open his mouth...
"I'm not gonna do it, nope, nope.  You can't get me to open wide...there is nothing on this earth that'll make me open my-y-y-y-y...oops!  How did you trick me again?"
:::Winston gagging silently as he swallows:::

Today, dear little man, we're done.  All looks well and on its way to 100% healed. "If it makes you feel better, I'd have MY hair shaved for support, but I don't think Bud would go for that notion!"

Poor thing!!

- - -

By the way, as I mentioned in my previous post, here's a photo of the Blackberry Crisp I made; topped with frozen yogurt, dessert. It was good and tasty. Got Milk?


- - -

We had to be out and about the other day, and it came up on lunch time. Of course, neither one of felt like going back home to fix lunch, so we ended up going out for a burger. Well, I had a burger and Bud had a BLT. We picked a 'new' restaurant that has been open for just a short time here in town. The Texas chain of restaurants has a reputation. Oh well...food is food. We were hungry enough to eat a horse. When I first stepped inside, it was dark. Oh oh...red light flashing in my head. Dark...what are they hiding? I asked for a menu. Okay, the prices were reasonable, the entrees were okay. We asked to be seated. Now wait just a gol' darned minute here. Let me back up. The hostess was not your typical Walmart greeter!! Let me describe the employees....ALL girls....short shorts leaving not much to the imagination...tied, short sleeve bandana-type tops, and wide-open, showing more cleavage and curves... all hanging out [like Hooters if you've ever been there]. The clientele is blood thirsty-type bikers ogling at the sights. The decor is like you stepped into the set of the past TV seasonal hit, Northern Exposure. Why, they even have a special, one of a kind, exclusive, ketchup. Yep, With boobs and giggly young nit wit waitresses, it's bound to be a man's realm.

Oh, by the way, the name of the Texas establishment is TWIN PEAKS.  Their logo:  "Eats Drinks and Scenic Views".  ha!!   With so much flesh showing, I can see why it's named this...they're peaks alright. Very much unlike what Bud sees at home with my body that has lost any gravitational uplift!! Here are examples:



Sorry to disappoint....no twin peaks on my blog. After all, this IS a family safe blog.

Anni after dining and walking out to the car: "Well, what do you think of that place?"
Bud: "The food was good, I'd go back again sometime!"
Anni rolling her eyes: "Ya, I bet you would."
:::thinking: "In your dreams!!!"




26 comments :

  1. i have never been in a hooters and would not eat at this one either. i am so sick of boobs and butts hanging out every where we look. and i mean every where. i don't want boobs looking at me while i eat.. i am even sick of the skin showing on the judges on all the FAMILY talent shows. oops sorry about the soap box.
    i am sure you will find something to do during the weather, even if only organizing things in closets. i manage to stay busy with reading, blogging, TV shows when i can find one that is not awful.. and once in a while i do very little housework... i wish i could draw like you do..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They" say sex sells....it's evident here and as you say, EVERYWHERE.

      Delete
  2. Winnie bless your heart for being such a trooper and Annie...tell Winnie he owes you lots of snuggles for being such a good cat Mom.
    That dessert is just plain sinfully delicious.
    LOLing at the new restaurant. I love what you wrote.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it a Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco that had the shoot out between motorcycle gangs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA...I bet my husband and son would go there. LOLOLOL---I do not like places like that, no way.

    Thanks for the fits of giggles, Anni...smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it a bit.

      Delete
  5. DOn't think that restaurant would be for me,but your descriptions are priceless.I have considered picking up some embroidery at times,but when i stop to think about it,I change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked through one craft store, but didn't see what I have in mind. There are a couple more to peruse their shelves, if not, I may look online.

      Delete
  6. Good grief! Well, you did pick the perfect restaurant for a blog post! I have not heard of this one, so it is probably only in Texas. A man's restaurant for sure! Were you the only female in the joint? How on earth do you get your cat to take that medicine? We simply cannot do it. We have to go see a vet tech. You are a true artist!! Your sketches are right on point and amazing! I love the Trump one! Now, how about doing Obama, Hillary, and Trump ones. Did you ever go to an art school? I could look at your art every day on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there were other women.

      Thanks Ginny

      Delete
  7. Go there or not?. Your description is too fun. Appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a place to be experienced once if you're female, right Anni? Twin Peaks indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twin Peaks huh? Only a man would create a place like that. They could probably serve roadkill and the guys would say "yeah, the food was great" With all the overweight girls I saw walking around here yesterday I bet they would have a hard time finding enough girls who could wear the uniform in these parts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TWO men to be exact...yep, figures...men and their you know what's for their brains!!

      Delete
  10. I used to love to embroidery, haven't done it in years. Once I did a work shirt for my daughter with all the names of her class mates on it and she still has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's incredible she still has it! Awesome.

      Delete
  11. I would have to skip that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...we won't go back to be sure.

      Delete
  12. Not sure I would venture in to that place- sounds very sexist to me. I'm glad you found your antique hoop- that would have sent me off to dig out my closets, too! Hope it cools off down there soon...still waiting here, although daily storm showers are a welcome respite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it was close to where our car was parked...and being rather a new establishment, I was game. I won't go back tho. lol Wish WE had some rain.

      Delete
  13. Glad Winston is healing nicely with your care. Good job! Thank goodness there is no place like that in my area to get a sandwich but your description is funny. Good and varied stuff here.

    ReplyDelete

.