“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





This and That...

1- This week, I'm sharing a 'tutorial - step by step guide' for adding photos from the soon to be defunct Picasa Web Photo Albums, if you need some ideas. Your photos for blogger will NEVER cease to exist [from Picasa], but as of March 15, all images uploaded to your blogger blog will go and be stored in Google Photos. Here's the link for a bit of help if you wish to use/reuse some of your 'old' photos stored in Picasa. 

2- I watched online at a free site the other day, the Oscar's Movie of the Year....SPOTLIGHT!!  Oh my goodness, what an outstanding movie.  Very worthy of the award in my opinion.  Base on a true story...with edge of your seat documentary form....from the eye opener subject, to the corrupt Catholic Church, the young children's abuse and rapes by priests [according to the Boston Globe....the youngest victim was 4 years old!!!]  Well done, tasteful, unbelievably sad.  I personally doubt that too much is being done to commit to those that were and STILL ARE victims in this....but it continues to astound me that such a thing exists.  Applauding the newspaper and the deceived [and their families] from the past and the research and reporters who opened up the conflict of church and parishioner children of all ages being physically and mentally tortured at the get go to adulthood of those lucky enough to survive and live to tell their story....living with this secret and being 'bought off' to keep quiet with the hierarchy and fortune of the church.  IT HAUNTS ME days after I watched the movie....one that will always be etched in my mind; unforgettable.

3- Weather changes... a rainy gray day. Went to the Post Office to ship to my sister her gift for our Sister's Day celebration coming up on the 18th of this month. Drove to Walmart [ugh, no other choice for what I was after], stopped at the used bookstore to peruse the shelves and trade in some books. Came home and made a batch of walnut brownies for Bud...it makes the house smell so good!! Then, after lunch I did some more coloring in my color books. Oh, I purchased another book a few weeks ago, all about coloring BIRDS. Each page has a color guide to help make them realistic. Lovin' that one!!


Left to right: Cedar Waxwing and Common Kingfisher [Old World, not found in the Americas]

4- Keeping an eye on the Spring Training Games!! Both the Cactus League and the Grapefruit League. There is always a bit of excitement and anticipation of the first 'crack' of the bat and baseball soaring to a home run status in April!! And, looking forward to it all. Speaking of sports, Peyton Manning [of the Denver Broncos] announced his retirement this week. Who, now, will be the starting quarterback for the 'home team'?

5- TODAY'S FLOWERS are on my tutorial, and I will share a bird on a fence this week!!


Pyrrhuloxia

34 comments :

  1. Things are still weird in blogland. I'm doing what I can and we'll see what happens. But I did want to thank you for sharing so much of the beauty and wisdom of your world!! I have enjoyed your blog so very much!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia....as I enjoy your blog, a LOT!! Hope that Blogger will straighten out for you soon.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this pleasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin, it's always a pleasure having you stop by.

      Delete
  3. As winter winds down here in the northeast, I ventured out early this morning to hear the wonderful bird songs in all of their glory! And I do hope the owls come back to my woods this year. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my....to have owls so near by would be a thrill!!! I envy you.

      Delete
  4. Hallo Anni, You also get the feeling everything's going google, and they don't want to 'play' with others anymore??? Grrrrrrrrrr Have a Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bird on the fence photo!
    I'm just getting comfortable with Picasa, and now I've got to learn a new system, and on the 15th! That's Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. I may be a coward, and publish a day earlier!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking the only way we will be affected by the change-over is the fact we sometimes want to use the images we have stored in Picasa.

      Delete
  6. "Hundreds" of varieties of birds are returning and are already here. Unusual and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual...by that you mean EARLY season? I can't get to the islands the next couple of weeks because of Spring Breakers...I feel I'm missing out. lol

      Delete
  7. I like the idea of coloring bird books! Another rainy day here. I have to go and figure out the new Google Photo thing. What a bother. I like Picasa. Thanks for the link to the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's already flooding in our area....very heavy rainfall.

      Delete
  8. I like the idea of coloring bird books! Another rainy day here. I have to go and figure out the new Google Photo thing. What a bother. I like Picasa. Thanks for the link to the info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that coloring book! How neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sold out of these very quickly. I returned yesterday to buy one for my sister, and they sold out! All they had left were stinky fish. lol

      Delete
  10. Hello, Anni! Great bird and fence find! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, hope your Thursday is enjoyable too.

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love the thought of Sister's Day celebration. Your fences with the bird is awesome. Cedar Wax wings are so very beautiful. I have no idea about Picasa I use something else. Thanks for the tips. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't affect us too much, I don't think. But, what do I know?

      Yes, my sister and I have celebrated our sisterhood for a couple of decades and more...it's fun.

      Delete
  12. neat coloring book. thanks for the great fence sitter sighting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coloring book Anni. My hubby just gave me that same one from a work trip he was on. Can't wait to relax with it and color. Great fences with the little bird. Enjoy the day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious which bird you're gonna color first!!!

      Thanks Celestina.

      Delete
  14. A great shot of the bird and the shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, but I didn't have anything to do with creating it, just photography. LOL

      Delete
  16. Great shot with the little bird on the neat fence ~

    Happy Weekend coming to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol....happy weekend to you two also.

      Delete
  17. Fun post with lots of interesting things.
    I really liked the bird on your fence, I've never seen one like that. I also like your bird coloring books, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These birds are indigenous to the South/Southwest. Thanks Ida.

      Delete

.