MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!




I'm Engaged!!!

...engaged in a job of work that is. This past week, I installed a new .exe file for my bird photos. Y'see, I have several collage wooden frames that have 8 [5x6] slots for photos. A couple of years ago, I thought that it'd be a good idea to not only indulge in photographing the many birds that migrate through our state, --instead of just having them saved on discs, why not show them off a bit? I had 80 of my favorite bird photos printed and then framed 'em.

Well, I really wasn't all that satisfied with the outcome. But framed 'em anyway. From another software program I used a black misted oval to frame all the photos...something I was growing to dislike...a lot!! Now that I have this fantabulous program installed with filters, plug ins, and favorite layers, I've spent the last four days when I have time to sit at the computer, and I'm planning on revamping all of them and re-frame them!!! The entire project will no doubt take me into 2015, I'm determined to finish this. I think I will be much more pleased.

The biggest, most time consuming, step is to go through all my CDs with photos of birds only. I have 5....and each of the 5 has 1300+ pictures!!! To find the one I need to re-do is taking a long time. So, if I seem absent from blogging for Hootin' Anni's, you understand my lack of showing up. At least not showing up as often; for now. For the most part, I'm having to use the 'originals' ...for instance:


from the ones on the left...to the ones on the right


-Bud was under the weather over the weekend, so I went birding myself yesterday. It was too quiet, and I missed my 'spotter'.

-The fog was thick and heavy this morning...but it's cleared out now, and the sun is shinning! I love this time of year in the Coastal Bend. Clear skies, mild temperatures, the rustle of falling leaves from the pecan tree....it actually does a body good to get out and do some yard work! We did get our back yard under control this past week. The raised flower bed wall was cleaned out of overgrowth of the vinica vines and runners of the ferns peeking out around the stone edges! It looks, finally, like someone lives here. It was so neglected.

-Winston's ouchie is healing well. Pretty soon the area that was infected will disappear [I hope], and his beautiful white long hair and whiskers will be back to looking like a cat again.

-My son, Erik, has also kept me away from blogging. It's finals week for his PhD courses this first semester. Several papers are due this week, and he's been sending me drafts to edit with commas/punctuation. And correcting the grammar. We've been sending excel/word documents back and forth as he added more to each paper. Most of his classes' finals are 15 pages in length. I think as of this morning...most are in final draft now, so he will print 'em out and submit for a grade on each.

-One more thing...."My" team, the Denver Broncos, won yesterday! That put them in the Clinch for the Division. They'll be in the playoff games for the chance for a super bowl. But, in all honesty, I don't think they'll get past the contending team...the Patriots. Peyton Manning [the Bronco quarterback] just falls to pieces in playoff games. He even did this when he was quarterbacking for the Colts. In any case, I'm a happy Bronco Fan!!!

28 comments :

  1. my husband is a die hard Cowboy fan.. and he also loves the broncs. he is from PA and has spent more time here in FL than in PA. i once asked him why he likes the teams he likes. the answer for Broncos is Payton Manning. my brother and his son and my hubby love Payton, makes no sense to me. i asked why the Cowboys? he said because of the quarter back, can't remember the name, that was one of the first ones years ago..
    good luck with your project, see you when you are done. Congrats to your son on his PHD studies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, congratulations to your son indeed!! And you have been busy!! Hope you have a great new week -- remember to take a break now and then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. exciting news for your son… I love your beautiful photos and collage frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of the one you have created looks very good to me. So I cannot wait to see your finished re-do. I want MANY pictures of it, it has got to be huge on the WOW factor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Engaged indeed ~ fun attraction ~ You are definitely busy and congrats to your son ~

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that work will be worth it! Congrats to Erik, what an accomplishment! Hope Bud is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Engaged in a happy project like that??? That's Terrific! I agree, enjoying your art all around you is Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hoping your husband is feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you do not work too hard.. Your images look beautiful. Congrats to your son..Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a big job with the pictures but an enjoyable one.
    Your son is lucky to have someone to do his editing for him. I bet he can't wait to get past all this.
    Hope Bud is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your team win.....don't follow too much football except for maybe the Cowboys. Love the Spurs basketball, but not a raging fan. Good luck to your son as he finishes his PhD, and kudos to mom for helping. Hubby get better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a nice bird picture project going there. How nice when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your son! So much hard work. It takes a really committed person to see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you're engaged....happily in your editing.

    who are the broncos.....go Pack....lol sorry had to tease you a little.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a big project!!! Hope your 'spotter' is feeling better! I think it is a wonderful thing how y'all go birding together!
    Louis Dean calls Payton Manning one of my 'Pretty Boys!' I love him! Dallas won yesterday, too! It's been a long time since the Cowboys Glory Days!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you and my sister could talk for hours about birds, her passion runs about as deep as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I laughed at your title, Anni. Yes, you are often "engaged" in massive projects like this one. And my Seahawks won, too, so I was happy with the outcome of the Sunday games. I used to be a Bronco fan when I lived in Colorado, so I am happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like your photo project is keeping you very busy! Sorry to hear Bud is under the weather; hope he feels better soon. All the best to the Broncos; my family likes the Manning brothers, so I'm hoping Peyton pulls through. He's a very smart quarterback but is getting older as far as football players go.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni all your photos are gorgeous!! We wish Erik lots of luck with his papers...he has a wonderful editor in you.
    hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your creative project will give you much satisfaction I know, and the end results will be absolutely tip top and impressive. Carry on.... Your son is fortunate to have a handy helper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they turned out lovely. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your link on Our World Tuesday fooled me! Click magnet! Well, best of luck to Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Anni
    Sounds like you are VERY busy with the bird portrait project, but almost as busy editing those PhD papers. I'm the editor in my family, and of course no one is shy about asking for my help.
    Sorry I've been absent for so long. It's been a busy year, and I hope I'm back now, but it's too soon to tell.
    I hope Bud is feeling better.
    Cheers,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a great bird project but don't work too hard. Hope your hubby is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a neat project!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are one busy lady and it sounds like a very worthwhile project. Hope health is returned to your home soon~

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is going to be tons of work to redo all those photos of the birds, but I know it will be a labor of love! Your working with Erik on his PhD finals too was a huge commitment. Wow! I can't imagine being back in academia! Hope he does well on his finals! Been very lagging keeping up with things on the blogs...I just started running out of steam after that huge push on the projects I was involved in. Now, I'm taking things pretty slow.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to Erik! Gorgeous photos as always, Anni.

    ReplyDelete

.