my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Come into my Parlor....

This year, besides witch dolls and figurines, I've gone to the spider side of creepy. Well, just a little bite!! One day, at the grocery store no less, I went down the aisle marked seasonal to check for Jr. Mints in the large single serving bags that show on shelves this time of year only. No Jr. Mints at this particular store, but I spotted two bags of Spider Lights on a String. I can't resist anything that sparkles! Even when the lights are not turned on, the spider bodies are outlined in glitter! And Halloween Colors to boot! Orange, Purple, and Green. The first image is where I have them...on the hutch, along with my hand-crafted grape-vine witch hat that I made a few weeks back. Of course in this area of the USA, at least I learned about it in the Southwest... a big part of the season is November 1st also...Día de Muertos [Day of the Dead]...a holiday that focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. So, I combine Halloween decorations with Day of the Dead. On the hutch is the 'sugar skulls' that are very popular - in the form of a pitcher, two cups, a candy tray, and salt/pepper shakers.



Then, to the fireplace. Along with witches on the mantel this year, I tried to infuse a bit of spider webbing and spiders to keep with the theme of creepy crawlies and things that go bump in the night. And maybe a cackle or two heard in the dark!!



Oh oh! Looks like these spiders trapped some flies! And more glitter. Did I mention I like stuff that sparkles? LOL



My first of several posts for Autumn and Halloween. I will link up at...


Hoping that soon others will share their Autumn Showcases also. Stop by and check it out.

25 comments :

  1. i love twinkling lights and have never seen sparkling spiders that were also sparkling lights. really cool. love your decorations, especially the witch on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sense of FUN Anni! I have ghost and pumpkin lights, the spiders are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun!! Such wonderful decorations and I, too, love them and that witch has a place in my heart!! Thanks for the giggles, Anni!! Just what I needed today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all your Halloween and Day Of The Dead decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Halloween, and what it stands for. It's my favorite time of the year. I'm also interested in how other cultures celebrate these days in the year (like the ancient Diwali festival in India, which has a great meaning).

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures of the Lesser Nighthawk are great! What a pretty bird. You arw way ahead of me in decorating. I don't do much, but I better get out what I have. I plan to link up when I get done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that few really understand the history or meaning of Halloween. "All Hallows Eve", the "eve of All Saints", is when we as Christians take time to celebrate the Saints and their holiness. In Hispanic culture it is expanded to encompass all loved ones who have passed. They celebrate it as "The Day of the Dead".
    Your decorations are amazing and fun! Except the creepy spiders...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! You get the prize for spookiness!! :-) and I always love little lights.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SPOOKY!!!! Wonderfully SPOOKY!!! I have NOT seen those spider lights but I must look for them now!! Love your decorations! I have some cob webs in my sewing room worthy of a haunted house!! Too bad this is just poor housekeeping on my part!!!! I guess I haven't LOOKED in that corner for .......months?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your badge for the Autumn Showcase Of homes is so pretty! How does that work, anyway? Is there a weekend where people can tour your house? Can they only drive by all fall? Details please. I have agoraphobia, scared to death of all spiders and I hate them. I run and scream. But I will say the ones with the lights are very pretty in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anni, You certainly are in the Halloween spirit. It looks wonderful and festive.
    I love sparkle and glitter too. It simply brightens things up. Have a beautiful Sunday. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks scary!! I think I'll wait till another holiday to think of visiting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my friends and my daughter loves decorating for Halloween....just like you. I need to take a pic of something I got her...I was thinking of you when I got it. And I showed her the decoration you made here a bit back and she liked it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your sparkly spiders. Your decorations look awesome. I haven't even got any of my fall stuff out yet

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your decoration! The spider lights are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what fun! You are definitely in your element now, Anni. I look forward to seeing more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't usually decorate too much for a Halloween theme, but these are really over the top. How much fun! Have a blessed Sunday, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun! Fun! Fun! Love those spider lights and the way you have spider webs incorporated. We should do Day of the Dead for our decorations! I can't get in the mood, yet for Halloween. I don't know why. Last year I had a scarecrow sitting in my rocker out front with his pumpkin butt-cheeks showing if you looked behind. But I don't seem to have the energy to do anything yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I DO remember Red Mountain pass. I took a couple of pictures of the mountain but they didn't turn out from the car like that. Some of our scenery shots are from that area. That whole area of SW CO was wonderful! Different kind of wonderful from N and Central....it was ALL good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spooky fun! I love your mantle witch and the lights are very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! I don't decorate for Halloween, but would love for you to come and make my house sparkle like yours!! I love the spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love anything that sparkles, too! You have gone all out this year, Anni. Everything looks so festive. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Creepy for sure! And also PERFECT! It's nice to see someone who enjoys decorating this much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am not into Halloween, but am linking up with you this week with views from my home for Fall.

    ReplyDelete

.