In nautical terminology this is a 'horn cleat'. In my language it's a boat-tie-er-upper!! Or when that way of speaking doesn't come to me quickly enough, it's a thingamabob.
Linking to: Rubbish Tuesday
Leaving the marina area, driving to a park for shade under the big oak trees...'Tis the season for the female to be quite elusive...nesting!! The male provides protection and feeds the female. Tho the male is dashing in its scarlet red cloak, I think the female is just as pretty in her silver and red trimmed ensemble!! Like seeing the silver lining at the end of a long hot summer day.
linking to: Nature Notes, Wild Bird Wednesday, Our World Tuesday
linking to: Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time? Y'all expect me to remember something a week ago? Don't ask me!!
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. United [as one]
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day. Ummmmm, yes. Temperature-wise. In the 90s the past few weeks already.... 'boil your balls' 'hubs of hell' 'hotter than a snake's belly in a wagon rut' comes to mind!! A perfect summer day? A lake, cool green grass, picnicking...icy cold beverages and a BBQ. To end the day, a clear, ebony sky filled with sparkling stars and topping off with a huge root beer float while gazing at the brilliance in the night's abyss!!!
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious? Sometimes....there IS time to be lazy. All work and no play...well, you know the saying!!! Our summer here is always semi-ambitious or less. LOL
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad? Well, let me answer this this way...I did NOT like Dr. Huxtable [Bill Cosby] --too comedic to come across as a father figure....but I did like Charles Ingalls [Little House on the Prairie]. How can you not like a father of strength, will, and love like Mr. Ingalls? A man willing to help a neighbor in need, strong in providing for his family and protecting...yet a heart of gold...just like my dad.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory. Nebraska childhood...family reunions each summer. And one summer picnic I can remember in Colorado...4th of July....rocky mountains...roasting hot dogs on an open fire....and SNOWING!!!
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday? Actually, ANY or all of the above if there are reported bird activities and sightings!!!
8. Insert your own random thought here. Researching bridges for a PPBP [proposed publication blog post], I've been thinking deeply on a certain subject...trust. More so 'consumer' trust. As a consumer or user of any product, be they canned foods [germ, disease-free], automobiles [safety for the occupants], open for business new high rise buildings [for instance elevator cables?], or the stairwells in the aforementioned new high rise...or completed bridges [are they structurally sound, or built by the lowest bidder of substandard/cheaper products]. I'm in that mode. And that is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak....just think of how we put our trust in so many objects that we utilize. Scary thought of all the 'what ifs'.
*day care facilities -just a couple of weeks ago, I read about some day care worker exposing herself to a 5 year old boy?!! Sick minds!!!
*city metro transportation drivers
*...even, tap water plant/filtration