We're back home...I've been working on a few posts including photos to ready for this upcoming week, while unpacking and doing laundry, collecting mail and sorting that out...things like that, I realized this morning, after a couple of days this past week with horrendous traffic to contend with [metro population of the McAllen-Reynosa area of birding on the last part of our trip being 1.5 million], and then the Brownsville, Harlingen area... that there really is...
...no place like home!!!
Here are some of the calming effects of yesterday I saw in our yard---
...came home to our front and back yards filled with buds & blooms!!
linking to: WEEKLY TOP SHOT - SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY - Sundays in my City - Monday Mellow Yellow - I ♥ Macro












what a sight to welcome you home and I am a firm believer in no place like home. love that cactus bloom best of all....
ReplyDeleteYep, go to go somewhere different, but so much better at home!!!
Deletecan't wait to see/hear about the historical palms... I love all palms...my favorite trees here and there is hardly a yard of building that doesn't have them.
ReplyDelete...well then, I think you'll enjoy the upcoming post Sandra.
DeleteAnni, your flowers are beautiful.. A lovely welcome home! Have a happy Sunday!
ReplyDelete...indeed it was. High volume of traffic, high winds, high temps...it was a bit stressful on the long stretch home...but coming home to this made the day better. ;-)
DeleteThe flowers are beautiful, and there is no place like home.
ReplyDelete...there is such a comfort returning home!!! Thanks Romi
DeleteI'm glad you are safely home! Can't wait to see your photos and read about your experiences.
ReplyDeletevery little bird spotting...well, at at least NEW ones that are not here in our area. But still an adventurous trip. Thanks Florence.
DeleteThey are very beautiful flowers.
ReplyDelete...thanks Wayne.
DeleteWelcome home! It is always good to be home, especially after driving in crummy traffic. Beautiful birds and flowers today!
ReplyDelete...thanks Mari. I'm glad to be back home with my kitties. LOL
DeleteNow I'm REALLY envious - your flowers and the photos of them are so BEAUTIFUL! Good gracious - I WANT!
ReplyDeleteI'll share with you!! Any time.
DeleteWish you could transplant your garden to our place. Thanks for sharing it!
ReplyDelete...glad you enjoyed them today!!!
DeleteI'm feeling exactly the same way: there's no place like home. Glad we are both getting back into our normal routine, Anni. Love your pictures! :-)
ReplyDelete...thanks DJ!! Yep, I'm glad to be back home.
DeleteOh, yes, we can attest to the "No Place Like Home" statement! Your flowers are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBTW, we have spent the past couple of weeks at home enjoying the flowers and birds right here on our own property. I finally have to go out today to get some groceries and I dread it. We just love being home!
This is hump day for our vacation. Five weeks from today we will go on board Freedom again for another five weeks. We'll be ready to go back when the time comes. ;)
...yep, I've become a homebody!!
DeleteOops, problems with number. We'll go back for ten weeks.... *sigh*
ReplyDelete...gotcha.
Deletegorgeous gorgeous post Annie! and I love your link to birds! Had never seen the Cowbird before- probably doesn't live where we are.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
...thank you very much Kathe
DeleteA beautiful bouquet of shots that made me breathe in deeply, but I couldn't smell them!
ReplyDelete...a bouquet of shots...I like that very much Colleen!!!
DeleteOh, how beautiful buds and blooms!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week ahead!
...thanks. Have a good week yourself!!
DeleteWelcome Home. Your yard is showing off for you... We just got home on Thursday from the Shenandoahs---and our yard welcomed us the same way. There truly is no place like home.
ReplyDeleteWe hate traffic and being around lots of people too... We try to plan trips at 'odd' times of the year to stay away from the crowds... We learned that lesson the first year we went to the Grand Canyon... Yipes!!!!!
Get some rest.... (HA----I know what all there is to do when getting home from a trip!!)
Hugs,
Betsy
...well, around Texas there isn't a day that goes by without lots of traffic!! No matter WHERE it is.
Deletewhat a gorgeous welcome home!
ReplyDeletehave a nice Sunday
much love...
...thank you Gillena.
DeleteWow! What a welcoming home you've had! Spectacular.
ReplyDelete...it is pretty here this time of year....thanks Paula.
DeleteWow, your yard has amazing and beautiful variety!!! It is like paradise...can't wait to see the pictures you got!
ReplyDelete...thanks Ginny. Hope to start publishing some photos this coming week if I can get some completed to post.
DeleteYour flowers display a stunning range of shapes and colours. What a grand welcome home. The shadows and light round your yellow flowers are so pretty.
ReplyDelete...thanks. Did you enlarge it to the Lightbox Slideshow? There are two...count 'em TWO insects in the one blossom?
DeleteWhat a beautiful sight to come home to. Your beautiful gardens make me question my decision to rent an apartment.
ReplyDelete...sometimes I think the same as you...why have property instead of an apartment?!! No maintenance; let the owner deal with it. So, we're kinda in the same boat here. lol
DeleteBeautiful flowers. Welcome home.
ReplyDelete...thank you kindly sweet Denise.
DeleteGorgeous... our fruit trees are blooming and bulbs... Thank you for coming by sharing your creative photography on the Weekly Top Shot, #130!
ReplyDelete...thank YOU Madge.
DeleteBeautiful flowers ... nice way to welcome you home.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures
...thank you Audrey!!!
Deletewith the snow leaving...my little gardens revealed only to find that mice have eaten much of my hen n chicks, yucca plants and yarro. I am not pleased!! Your photos are fabulous!!! Happy arrival of spring!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad to read that the snow is disappearing and Spring Showers are heading your way!!! Thanks Robin.
DeleteWelcome back. You truly do have some beautiful blooms in your yard.
ReplyDelete...thanks Paula. It was a refreshing sight for me.
DeleteAfter a weekend in a big city I am more than happy to get back home to my slow little corner of the world. Lovely flowers - have a happy week!
ReplyDeletexo Catherine
Yep, yep....I don't mind the big cities if I can be there with no traffic. LOLOL
DeleteMy most hated thing to do when I come home from somewhere is getting all of that mail and all those bills in one pile. Depressing!
ReplyDelete...it's sifting through the junk mail that boggles my mind!!
DeleteThat is a colourful and beautiful welcome home.
ReplyDelete...it was.
DeleteWhat a wonderful homecoming! Such lovely colors but most of all, a place to rest!
ReplyDeleteYes!!!! And I'm gonna be resting all week. lol
Deletejust beautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteindeed.
DeleteWhat a delight to behold when returning home! Beautiful collection - a feast for the eyes!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from MMY - Have a blessed day!
...thanks Becca
DeleteNow that's a great welcome home if I ever saw one! A yard full of color and life. Awesome! I'm glad you're back, too. :)
ReplyDelete...right now ]3PM[ ---the temps are dropping and the winds are breaking all the amaryllis. ;-(
DeleteWhat an awesome homecoming! Your flowers are splendid. You have a beautiful flower garden.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a Happy Easter!
...thanks Brenda, and same to you.
DeleteSuch pretty blooms! Welcome home, Anni!
ReplyDelete...thank you Veronica
DeleteWhat a beautiful collection of photos and so lovely colors :)
ReplyDeleteGreetings
...thank you Ela
DeleteYOu certainly have a green thumb!
ReplyDelete...really doesn't take much effort 'round here...other than watering.
Deletethat is one gorgeous welcome home. Even if it was warmer here my yard wouldn't have that much pretty stuff growing in it.
ReplyDelete....but you have a job...and that takes a lot of time away from gardening. That I know.
DeleteHi Anni, Welcome home! I'm trying hard not to be jealous of your vivid blooms!
ReplyDeleteI bet you're still sitting 'round a few snow banks here and there.
DeleteI am catching up as quickly as I can! So glad I didn't miss this beautiful post. The flowers are just gorgeous!
ReplyDelete...glad you stopped by Terri.
DeleteLook at all that beauty you are surrounded with. What a blessing.
ReplyDelete...pretty? At least SOME areas. lol
DeleteWelcome home!
ReplyDelete...thanks!!!
Delete