Thanks to Stewart for hosting WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY
and with hostess Lady Fi at Our World Tuesday
Panoramic views of Oso Bay [mouseover captions] --
Thanks to Joyce for hosting HODGEPODGE
1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good? I love to bowl. Let me rephrase that...I used to love to bowl. And it's been eons. Was I any good? Just so so. Never bowled a perfect score, but many times in the 260 range. Other times, I was doing good to break 190!
2. Should sports stars be role models? With all the many different scandals these past decades? No. But there ARE some good ones out there. It's the bad rep that gets me to say no for the majority.
3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats? To quote Sesame Street's cookie monster....COOKIES!!!
4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014? When I finish PETRA'S LEGACY, I'm not much of a romance reader, but I found an older published  novel at Half Price Books with the title "Gifts of War" written by Mackenzie Ford. Here is part of the inside dust cover flap:
- Against the broader landscape of England in wartime, Gifts of War captures the era and the fates of men and women caught in the sweep of history. A vivid tale of romance, adventure, and intrigue...
Online, doing a search for the publishing date since there is no copyright page in the front of the book, just the title pages and publishing page with no year on it ---anyway, the site I found had a review page with the reviews of 4-5 stars for the most part...with high praise from other readers.
5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self? "I'm glad you remained happy all these years."
6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while? We have had no cable TV for nearly two years now, so we don't make use of TV Guide. I'm lovin' it. But I LOVE popcorn and Jr. Mints and popping in a DVD for a movie.
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion? First I'm gonna go with 'styles' and it'd definitely be the BEE HIVE hair-do! Oh my goodness!! Sometimes ones of the softer gender would have enough hair spray in their bee hives to straighten and hold up the Leaning Tower of Pisa to make it perpendicular!!! And then fashion trends? --- the wearing of under garments on the OUTSIDE that was "En Vogue" made popular by Madonna. [talk about role models?!!]
8. Insert your own random thought here. I had to look up the origin of the ship that I photographed with the dolphins [photo on previous blog post found here]. The ship, King Duncan, is from The Marshall Islands, Majuro was on the stern. That prompted me to check out the islands' history. Finding out, weather-wise, for me, it's now considered paradise!! Tropical islands, in the Pacific Ocean, turquoise waters, white sand beaches, Christian inhabitants, American with the currency the American dollar,....and did I say weather? For 12 months out of the year...lows in the mid 70s highs in the 80s. And not as much rain as I'd expect. The wettest month? Averaging 13 inches. Awwwwwwww, a piece of dreamland after this frosty cold winter we're having. Here in coastal Texas we have another Arctic Blast headin' our way with lows in the freezing mark and highs in the mid 40s!! On second thought, I'll stay right here for now...the Marshall Islands was a testing ground for nuclear weapons...there just has to be some residue in the ground!!!
photo of island courtesy of Google Image Search