On Monday, October 6, 1947, an issue of Time Magazine came off the presses with this statement printed:
"This toast is a favorite with crusty old Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey". And for y'all I thought I'd try to add a bit of humor with Admiral Halsey's words.
A toast to you for 2014--
If you're interested, the photos are as follows--
A Great Kiskadee bird at Oso Bay yesterday.
Tahoe, after sniffing my vodka gimlet emptied glass!!
Winston, hungover!!! [literally hungover]
A sand sculpture on our beach a few years ago...
and
A turtle, come out of your shell & face the new year---
You may also ask, who is Admiral William F. Halsey? Read about him here.
sidebar linking to Saturday Critters and Camera Critters





Cute post, Anni! LOL, Winston should lay off the alcohol for the New Year..Love the pretty Kiskadee and the turtle. Thanks for linking up to Saturday's Critters..And a happy NEW YEAR to you and your family
ReplyDelete...reminds me of El Cato Vomito!! LOL
DeleteHappy New Year Anni! Hope it's a great one for you and yours. :)
ReplyDelete...thanks Nancy. Same to you from me.
DeleteCreative post, Anni! That's an interesting sand sculpture but kinda scary too. :) All the best in 2014!
ReplyDelete...when I first saw it, I thought I'd stumbled onto a nudist beach. rofl
DeleteHappy New Year, Anni! The sand sculpture is fun.
ReplyDelete...and Happy New Year to you too, Gunilla!!! Thanks.
DeleteYOU ARE THE CREATIVE ONE! I like your new header. Very fresh. xo Jenny
ReplyDelete...thanks Jenny!
DeleteI love your cats! Fun pictures.
ReplyDelete...thanks Lisa
DeleteCan you believe that it's another year already? Love the pictures, especially the sand sculpture. :-)
ReplyDelete...it is hard to comprehend how quickly the years roll by these days!!
Deletevery cute post. :)
ReplyDelete...thanks Ms. "T"!!
DeleteAnd a Happy New Year to you!
ReplyDelete,,,thanks Yogi
DeleteYou are truly a hoot today !!love Sandy
ReplyDelete...hope it brought a smile to your face today Sandy!!! :o)
DeleteThanks for visitin' my place. Hope you had a pleasant Christmas as well, and have a safe and happy New Year. - Mac
ReplyDelete...thank YOU for stopping by Hootin' Anni's Mac, and happy new year to you!!
DeleteThe turtle awake in the morning light of 2014.
ReplyDeleteQuite a long sleep...
...indeed!! :o)
DeleteWell done!! A toast to you and yours, as we move into 2014!! May it be happy and healthy and prosperous for all!!
ReplyDelete...thanks Terri...and same sentiment to you and your family.
DeleteNow that is a wonderful toast!
ReplyDeleteHave a brilliant New Year!
...thanks. You have a brilliant 2014 also!
DeleteSo funny, Anni! Loved that sand sculpture and what an interesting turtle! One of the more colorful ones I've seen. Happy New Year to you and yours!!
ReplyDeleteGail...glad you found some humor in the mix today!! And happy new year to you too.
DeleteSuch a fun post. I looked up Admiral Halsey from your link as I've heard the name before and it was interesting.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.
...well then, I'm happy I share a link about him!!!
DeleteHappy New Year to you too Judith.
Happy New Year to you.Looking forward to seeing many more beautiful pictures on your blog.
ReplyDeleteThat comment thrilled me Ruth!! Thanks, and happy new year to you too
DeleteHappy New Year to you and Bud Anni.
ReplyDeleteYou know we always like it when Winston and Tahoe make an appearance even if they are a tad tipsy
Hugs madi and mom
LOL...that they are...tipsy. You crack me up!!
DeleteA wonderland post....
ReplyDelete...thanks Andrew
Deletelaying face down naked in the sand is why I do all my toasting with non alcoholic beverages :)
ReplyDeleteOMG...Ann, you have me rolling!!!
Delete;) Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete...thanks Lois...and same to you during your travels!!
DeleteIt is a funny poem!!! My favorite pictures here are the sand sculpture and your tipsy cat by your glass, so cute!
ReplyDelete...thanks Ginny. Glad to know you enjoyed it and its humor.
DeleteNow that's a great toast!! Here's to a great 2014!
ReplyDelete...thanks Barbara
DeleteLOL! Oh I love those kitties partaking in a little of the bubbly! So cute! Wishing you a most wonderful 2014!!!
ReplyDelete...thanks Catherine. I'm now your newest follower.
DeleteHappy New Year to you too!
ReplyDelete...thanks Sandi.
DeleteI always enjoy your posts, Anni...I'm home from my six months in India and enjoying my holidays in northern CA.
ReplyDeleteMy Camera Critters shows my adorable granddaughter and my two granddogs!
...thanks!!! And your granddaughter is so precious.
DeleteThat is wonderful! I've decided to go dry for a month to lose weight. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteCheers from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!
...thanks Jennifer, and I DO wish you luck [and will power]
DeleteA toast to you and yours too, as we welcome 2014!! May it be the best ever, Anni!
ReplyDelete...thanks Veronica!!
DeleteLovely post and fotos.
ReplyDelete❊ * 。❊ 。 ❊ _█_ ❊ 。 * ❊
_Π_____ (•.•) * 5☆★☆★☆
❊ /______/~\ ( ♥ ) ❊ 2014 Happy Day ❊
|田 田 |門| ( ♥ ) Happy New Year❊
•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥♫•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥•♫♥♫*♥*♪
http://blog.seniorennet.be/louisette
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year
•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥♫•♫♥♫*♥*♪♥♫•♪*♥•♫♥♫*♥*♪