my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



I'm Sooooooooo Confused!!!

Yesterday, all day, I was diligently working on the computer. Trying my best to get the connectivity through the cable modem to actually allow me to access everything online. For hours, I went through every diagnostic measure I know of. Reconnecting the router through the modem, going through each and every software program to see if any was playing havoc with the modem, even going into Windows SAFE MODE with NETWORKING [it worked for a short period, then....no connection and no server found message]. At one point about mid-afternoon, I was tempted to pick up the modem and throw it through the window!!! I finally just gave up, flipped the whole entire computer, hard drive tower, keyboard and modem off....shut it down, with the greatest intentions of disconnecting the cable modem and router and take it back to the cable company and demand a new replacement.

Now, just out of darned curiosity, I booted up the computer...lo and behold --- IT CONNECTED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!! What gives? Y'wonder. I don't have any clue as to why it's working fine this morning, but it is, and I'm taking advantage of the situation and getting some online stuff done. First thing, I made some new ringtones for the new phones. Well, Bud's anyway. He lost his in the mix-up and the SD card replacement when the phone company erred on setting up our individual phones. At the time, I said "No worries, I can make you some new ones sweet cheeks!" Little did I know I wouldn't be able to until this morning. Got that done. Will get them on his phone today sometime. I have a ringtone of the USMC Hymn for Erik's incoming calls, Daddy's Little Girl for Irene's incoming and Annies Song for in case I need to call Bud. It was easy to make the ringtones from mp3s, just the whole concept of getting into the site and software available online yesterday was the culprit. After that was done, I actually was amazed and very pleased I was still connected online and Firefox remained available! LOL ---So, I finished next Saturday's Birding blog post and have that ready and prescheduled to post Saturday at noon. Yay!! Even got the linky tool added with no problems whatsoever. Now, you find me here...writing!

I read in the smartphone local news over the weekend that there was an area on the bay where some Least Terns [shore birds] were spotted, nesting. And that the city roped off the area from human invasion. We could go so far and then stop to watch at a very safe distance without disturbing the terns. Of course, being who I am, I had to go see 'em. I finally found the area where they were nesting, and took some photos. Even at the far distance I was there with the camera, there were a few terns flying over my head and trying to distract me from the area...wanting me to leave. I saw no eggs or little ones as in 'chicks' [but a couple of immature ones], but I did see a few 'on their nests'. Of course, that's Bud sitting under the gazebo roof...this area of this particular trail has several lighted gazebos for hikers, bikers, and birders who utilize it in the heat of the day, or if they care to be in the area at night...the trail is lighted. Anyway, he was hot, and I wanted to continue walking around the bend to get a better viewing of the terns. As I returned, I saw him spying me through his binoculars.

Nesting Least Terns

And to end this post, and hoping I can go visit some special bloggers, you know who you are... I just wanted to share a few images that have been collecting dust in my image folder, so I constructed a couple of collages of various, eclectic images --

Left to right: Sunrise over the beach, the lighted Harbor Bridge, an Oil Rig at dusk, a Mermaid Fountain on the Island [curio shop], Corpus Christi on the Bay at dusk, Palm Trees at sunset, and the first spotted dragonfly of the season.

Left to right:  Our Lilac Colored Crepe Myrtle [or crape if you wish], Sunrise on Padre Island National Seashore, Our Pink Crepe Myrtle, Palm Tree at Sunset, lilac and pink crepe myrtle, and a Hummingbird at our Lantana Bush.


...wish me luck today, keeping connected with Blogger and being able to continue my daily routine.  I have some catching up to do.  But trust me, I have the modem quite accessible to unplug and take it in as planned all along.  Just in case!!  ;o)


38 comments :

  1. You are very technologically handy, my friend! I'm glad you persevered through the frustration and that all is working again. What beautiful collages- particularly the pics at night. I too often take for granted the beauty we have around us here, so thank you for opening my eyes to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Shelly. Yep, "It's such a pretty world today, look at the sunshine". :::giggles:::

      Delete
  2. Neat photos ~ and 'puter' world has been a little crazy lately ~ not sure why ~ Glad you are back working ~ takes so much of our time ~ Computers have become like 'cars' ~ Once you have one you can't seem to live without it ~ Happy Day to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, even cell phones these days. If you leave home without it, I've been known to turn around and go back and get it. 15 years ago, I didn't even know cellphones existed.

      Delete
  3. I love your photo collages! They are so bright and colorful. I also laughed at that picture of Bud with the binoculars.
    Hope your internet and blogger connections work well today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, I had to finally take it in and have the modem replaced. After I posted, the modem called it quits again for me. But, I was prepared.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you fixed the computer. That is a beautiful collage that you have posted.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni, Crazy about computers, isn't it? I do know that shutting down is always one of the first things I try when we have a problem. That usually takes care of it.... Don't know why things like that happen....???!!!!! Grrrrr...Sorry you had so much trouble with it!

    How's your rain situation down there? We have had TONS of rain here this summer so far... We even had 6.5 inches the past couple of days. It's CRAZY.... BUT--the good news is that it's keeping the temperatures down so far... I hate HOT weather --so I'll take the rain anytime.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Betsy, we're still in a high drought situation. We are getting rains sporadically, but none doing any good to replenish the reservoirs. Yet.

      Delete
  6. So glad you are up and running, your computer of course! The terns are crazy birds if you go any where near there nest! I was dive bombed one time just walking down the beach close to the waters edge! I love the collages, beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, I am happy to note, tho, that I did see a couple of immature terns. I think they were trying to protect those.

      Delete
  7. Good for you!!! I get beside myself when things don't work and I am certainly not good at fixing them! That's why Louis Dean has the Geek Squad!
    We have lantana bushes but have never been successful in attracting hummingbirds! They are one of LD's favorites but so far they have only flitted by a couple times and noone stayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...there have been years down here that hardly any show up but two or three, then other years dozens at a time.

      Delete
  8. Wow, It took me 10 minutes trying to find this comment box! Maybe it was just ME! Then I looked for an e-mail to tell you, but could find none, so I began to get nervous. But here it is anyway!!! I guess your computer problems are rubbing off on me. After reading about your strange problems, at least it is back running. My favorites today are the beautiful bridge and that gorgeous dragonfly you captured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the comment link isn't loading for you? Again, confusion is setting in.

      Delete
  9. i hate technology issues!

    yes, that is one of my drawings. if you ever want to see the drawings i've given away thus far, there's a tab on my blog called 'my giveaways' that shows all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh....I am in total awe!!!

      Delete
  10. Wow! That's some download (I mean the post, of course). I've learned that a reboot is sometimes the easiest thing to accomplish. Glad to know everything is working now. I love crepe myrtles, they always make me think of a gentle summer breeze. OH, and I love your new hummer header! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...too wordy this time? Thanks for the compliment on the hummer header.

      Delete
  11. Love the photos...especially the floral! Happy Mellow Yellow Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed it all Jeanne.

      Delete
  12. I just love that last set of images. Such gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I hope you are 'still' connected - I don't understand a thing about all that - you are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everything's all better now.

      Delete
  14. Countless times I've thought my computer had a mind of it's own and was just messing with me. I know the frustration you felt. Grrrr. So glad things are working out for you today. Fingers crossed it continues.

    Your photos are lovely-- especially the lighted bridge. How pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that they do, I agree, a mind of their own.

      Delete
  15. Yep, Anni, I know what you mean. I am striving to keep up, but it's hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photos, Anni! Good thing I have a son who fixes my computer problems 'cos I am really challenged when it comes to stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I waited on our daughter [who is more a computer geek than our son], I'd never get anything done...so, that's why I learned for myself.

      Delete
  17. Nothing worse than a modem with frustrating attitude! Especially frustrating when you don't know why! You are keeping your cool very well! Beautiful photos - varied and interesting! That spotted dragonfly is an intriguing capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...all along I kept telling Bud it was the modem. But I had to try out and do a diagnostic test first. Glad you liked the collages Gemma.

      Delete
  18. sorry about your computer problems. love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have that problem with my internet connection frequently. They say it's a problem on my end not theirs and I say it's the modem . They say sure we'll replace it for $120 I say no way .
    Even rebooting doesn't help sometimes. Glad your is working now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, your ISP should replace it for no [or very little] cost!!

      Delete

.