WILD [and crazy ] BIRD WEDNESDAY
see link on sidebar
If you live around here, y'all know just how hot it has been. Last week, the thermometer soared to the triple digits and the heat index was like stepping outdoors into a sauna. Yet, this is a scene on one of the intersections we frequent nearing the Corpus Christi A&M campus on the bay! According to our temperature reading in the car at the time, it was 102.4 degrees outside. Adding the heat index factor with the humidity coming off the bay, it would have to feel like at least 110 degrees! And this girl was on the street's median, just dancing away and getting all kinds of whistles and car horns. Of course, with the attention she was getting, she even moved more! The suit was from top to bottom, even with fur for her feet...
There was another gal on the sidewalk with a sign about rentals and new apartment complex opening for students. But, all in all, I think the 'parrot girl' was not being paid enough!
- - -
link on sidebar
1. What's one simple small pleasure on your summer 'to-do' list? The song goes, summertime and the livin' is easy...that's it in a nutshell! Taking the hot humid days slow and easy. It's a pleasure! The simpleness of just sitting down and reading a good book would suffice. Oh, and another 'simple' pleasure, is the sound of rain falling and thunder in the distance.
2. Do you have strong feelings or opinions regarding the immigration debate in your home country? Feel free to share your thoughts, but please play nice. As long as they don't get 'hand-outs' from our government and work for a living; pay taxes, obey our laws [PAY their way like we citizens do]...they're welcome to join us! If they want us Americans to dole out our hard earned money for their way of living here in the land of the free...then, turn around and leave!!
3. What's something in your home or wardrobe that could be described as 'star spangled'? I posted this last year on Family Traditions:
"Tomorrow is the 4th of July...What better time to show off my baseball cap - all hand stitched with red, white and blue sequins and gold beads around the stars----It's as "American" as baseball, an old tradition in our country, but most of all, tradition in our own household: "
4. Is your house set up for a party? No.
5. What one never-before-visited city in America, would you most like to see? It's probably considered more a 'town' than a city, but, I'd like to go to Wasilla, Alaska and see if I can really see Russia from there!! :::snort:::
6. Your favorite red food? White food? Blue food? Red - cherries come to mind. I love everything cherries! White - are potatoes considered white food? If so, they'd be topmost in that white category. Blue - FRESH blueberries [no sugar -just the plump juicy tartness of the fruit!], right off the blueberry bush!! And just a note: I don't like canned blueberries, either store bought or home canned ---too sweet...I'll pass on those until I can get my hands on fresh picked!
7. What freedom do you value the most, and why? I value ALL my freedoms equally, and hope to continue to do so. I can't possibly consider one more so than the other. Sorry. You can't put any particular freedom on a scale of higher value without enjoying the freedom of others less so. That's impossible, and improbable for me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Speaking of freedoms, seems these days freedom of speech has just about become of thing of the past. But I'm still gonna add this today. Tho, it may seem unpatriotic to do so by some standards, it's still something that needs to be shared in my opinion. I've never been apolitical and always jot down my thoughts on the pros and cons of our government. I don't sit by idly hoping for a better future without voicing opinions. This, I received in an email [and the image is NOT mine, it was embedded into the email text, so don't condone me for copying and pasting the email in its entirety...no infringement intended]. This leaves us with something to think about:
...from the thoughts of Larry the Cable Guy.
Think about this:
2. The Constitution
3. The Ten Commandments
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the state of Washington? And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq ....
why don't we just give them ours?
It was written by a lot of really smart guys,
it has worked for over 200 years,
and we're not using it anymore.
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse is this -- you cannot post:
'Thou Shalt Not Steal'
'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery,' and
'Thou Shall Not Lie'
in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians.
It creates a hostile work environment.