THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-

BABY & JUVENILE BIRDS
click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............




...credence

Lantana blossom - I thought it resembled a snowflake [it's shape]

connecting to




These may not be considered 'macro'...but they ARE 'close up' images. Well, no, not really close up either [just looks that way]...But, there is a lot of detail in the images, don't you think? If you click to enlarge them, a lot of landscaping can be detected on its spherical horizons. Take a closer look...


moon phase
February 21st 2013
time: 8:35 PM
Through my camera lens... I'm lovin' it!!!

Since we've lived here, going on nearly 10 years, I've enjoyed being on the shore when the moon rises; I've been there and enjoyed the beauty of it all, but with no means of capturing it on 'film' ...it's so beautiful on the water as it reflects the light of the moon!! Well, my camera before this one was not strong enough a zoom to get any detailing of the moon [at night]...always just a big blurry glowing ball in the dark black night. I've managed to snap a few of the moon in daylight with the previous digital, but nothing outstanding. And then, there were times we had planned on being on the beach with a full moon rising --only to have the weather patterns change and before nightfall the clouds have rolled in blocking any sign of the moon. Seems that is the way of things....when we plan something, nothing pans out. Maybe this month, today it's a full moon....we'll be on the beach at moonrise. Maybe. Depends on the weather, and if we remember. If so, I'll be prepared for capturing it.



32 comments:

  1. The full moon has a bad effect on my family....my daughter and my hubby both get irritable and usually blow their stack about something trivial...so for my hubby's ringtone on my phone, I have Bad Moon Rising. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...oh oh. Bad Moon Rising...good choice for ANY hubby in my estimation. rofl [kiddin']

      Delete
  2. The Lantana in Malay is "Bunga Tahi Ayam" which translates as "chicken poop flower"!

    I kinda associate that song with werewolves - remember the movie "An American Werewolf In London"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...never did see that movie.

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty flower! You got a great shot of the moon - mine always turn out blurry. I love the nod to the past - CCR was always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the band too...we saw them in concert in Tucson long ago. Always got the adrenaline pumping.

      Delete
  4. Your flower does resemble a snowflake, but those moon shots are really outstanding, Anni! I can see why you are pleased with your new camera. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lantana- the cows like to eat them, so they don't grow very high. And what a hing to capture the moon while on the beach. Loved these pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Shelly. I did not know cows eat Lantana. Hmmmm.

      Delete
  6. Love the flowers. They are so welcome these gray days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...there is always a promise of a more colorful day just around the bend.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful macros! Have a fabulous week!

    Liz (mlc)
    Liz (yacb)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The macro of the lantana is wonderful. We don't have those here however I remember seeing them at the Butterfly Gardens and boy do they love them! Your moon shots are great - fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, it's fun. And the butterflies do love them a sweet treat now and then from the the Lantana around here too.

      Delete
  9. Anni you are quite clever with your references today!! We love lantanas here too.
    Thank goodness we saw the full moon last night 'cause it is cloudy today with rain coming tonight through tomorrow.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...the full moon wasn't until Monday night. Seems that when this monthly comes around it's always cloudy here too.

      Delete
  10. The lantana is so colorful. Ours have been blooming like crazy for weeks now. Your shots of the moon are really good! I can never seem to get a good shot, but thankfully there are people out there that can and are generous enough to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think the moon would be a good subject, but such a challenging one at that.

      Delete
  11. These are wonderful moon pictures! I love the crater depth in the lower right! I so hope you will be able to catch it at the beach, maybe over the water even!! The Lantana is so intricate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no luck last night....cloud bank on the horizon

      Delete
  12. I have tried many many times to get a good picture of the moon but just don't have the zoom to do it. I was watching the moon this morning on my drive to work and dreaming about getting a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's a difficult subject to photograph.

      Delete
  13. Olá,
    A lua por aqui tá deslumbrante também!!!
    Bjs fraternos de paz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello to you too. I think the full moon is so beautiful, no matter where you live...you from Buenos Aires?

      Delete
  14. Enjoyed your flower 'snowflake' ---but I LOVED your moon shots. I wanted to see the moon tonight since it's a full SNOW moon --but it's cloudy here --with rain coming our way... fun fun.... SO--I'll just enjoy your photos this month.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of the day yesterday was sunny and clear, as soon as the moon lifted above the horizon [the moonrise time]...the cloud bank rolled in. Figures.

      Delete
  15. Lantana comes in an amazing variety of bright colours! So love the shape of this one too! And you have captured such interesting moon features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, Lantana are amazing in colors.

      Delete

.