my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



A pixie by any other name will spell W I T C H in my home...

To go along with the theme for the month of October, I have decorated one of our battery operated lanterns that I use any other time for part of the nautical atmosphere I try to create in our dining room. I only added a bit of purple webbing along the interior of the lantern that has a candle that flickers --and set a tiny, mini-witch atop the candle. When I took a photo of the lantern to send to Irene, my daughter who also loves Halloween, I noticed that there was a double shadow of it...one on the wall and one on the dining room hutch -- -- --

...close up of the 'pixie witch'...






CONNECTING TO:






_ _ _



SUNDAY'S SUMMARY


Well, as much as I love to blog, I've made a painstaking decision to cease a daily post. This time of year, the weather is just right to be outdoors, enjoying the sunshine and cooler temperatures; keeping us getting out to do some driving around the south coastal bend of this state --- with one purpose mainly, to try and spot and capture in photo some of the many, many migrating birds that fly down this area on their way to the far southern regions of the globe for winter. And these next few months are the busiest time of year for that. In just the last few weeks, Bud and I have seen an influx of some of the birds that are not normally seen in droves. Just the other day, when we were gone all day and into the next morning ---hawks, shrikes, migrating ducks, warblers, morphing egrets from their natural 'blue' coloring to the their white stage, kestrels and much more. We're both addicted to the great outdoor encounters and the exercising we get. After being cooped up in the air conditioned house most of the summer months, it's time we set foot outside these walls!!! Also, there will be traveling to the Hill Country over the holidays, and we have been informed of some expected company that will be here over a week at a time. Which puts me to make the final decision to blog probably on Sunday and Wednesday [except for my last week's Thursday theme song which will be posted]. I may do some added, but mostly it'll be posting only twice a week.   At least for now. I will continue, also, to post some photos of some of our bird findings on my bird photo blog on Saturdays and then on Wednesdays. That'll 'bout sum up my blogging adventures for the fall and winter seasons.

Well, I never did finish reading Hitler's Mein Kampf. What a difficult read. It was very hard to keep interest in it with all the repetitive and delusional thoughts of such a strange man. Besides, I'm not one much on non-fiction. I tired, but I'd much prefer fiction. Novels BASED on history. So, I picked up a book the other day that I found that has been on my book note pad list on my cellphone for months. [I read about books that may hold my interest, and add them to my list I have on my notepad on my cellphone]. THE WILD IRISH by Robin Maxwell. About Queen Elizabeth I and a well-known historical figure...a lady pirate...Grace O'Malley. More my speed, I'm sure.

I finished oiling all the wood in the house, including the cathedral ceiling. Then, once that was all cleaned, I did some touch up staining that was badly needed on some of the cupboards in the kitchen and bathrooms. We decorated the house for Halloween. Which I will share some photos in the next few weeks before they're all taken down and the Autumn/Thanksgiving decor comes out of storage.

I won a giveaway at Terra's Garden the other day...of which I highly anticipate receiving. I'll take this time to give thanks and just know I will enjoy the prize book!!

Oh, and lastly, I am greatly disappointed in the new season so far...even if it's only been two shows for now....that is of NCIS. Golly, they spent weeks on some subjects in the past; like for instance, Tony's 'love interest' of Jeanne Benoit, and Director Shepard's fixation with her father [Jeanne's] for many more weeks, then a lot of coverage on Ziva's Mossad work, capture, rescue, Mike Franks demise, Kate's ghost...and so on and so forth ---but these beginning episodes for season 10 have fallen way short. I hope this isn't a prelude to what the entire season will be.



42 comments :

  1. Your shadowy lantern and witch are so magical! Love the tones in the photos!
    And yes! Blogging can get overwhelming! I have just been on school holidays, so I have been churning out blog posts while it rains and rains outside! It's been fun but time consuming! This Monday is back to school, so each weekend, I just set up scheduled posts for the week with few frills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you enjoyed the shadows this week. Thanks for co-hosting.

      Delete
  2. I can relate to your desire to spend less time blogging and more time living your life. I went from an almost daily post to three a week, and sometimes two. It's still sometimes too many to keep up with, but I soldier on, as do you, Anni! You know I'll be reading however many times you post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, with this time of year, we're always going somewhere and doing stuff outdoors. I just want to enjoy that time.

      Delete
  3. I do love your "witchy" shadow shot for the day, Anni! And I, too, relate to needing to take a blogging break from time to time. I can post something nearly every day, but trying to join in to a number of memes gets to be pretty demanding, so I try to keep them to a minimum and just post for the fun of it!! Always enjoy my visits to yours!! Hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...demanding indeed. And as you say, the memes, tho fun...they can be too time consuming.

      Delete
  4. You must like Halloween there - so many nice decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you got that right!!! I LOVE Halloween.

      Delete
  5. Your little witch is darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your witch in the lantern. Getting out and enjoying life always comes before blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bloggin's fun, until it becomes a task. Glad you like li'l witchie.

      Delete
  7. A pixie witch looks rather benign, almost friendly in demeanor. Yet, she in he lamp home do leave an scary pair of shadows. Still, as she us this cute, I have to reassess any negative feeling about witches...a daily blog post is admirable, but living in your Gulf haven with all those birds - got to visit nature while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that she is....she's a cutie patootie.

      Delete
  8. I always look forward to seeing your Halloween decor, it seems that you are so good at it.

    My Shadow Shot
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy my Halloween enthusiasm.

      Delete
  9. It is hard to post daily. When I finished a full year of daily posts to "Around California" I found I had burned myself out. Much more fun to be out and about taking pictures than being stuck in front of the computer.
    I envy you the birding on the Texas coast. I thought about going there on a birding trip then heard about the 85mph speed limit and decided to pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't do 85mph. Ever.
      I'm nearly always in the slow lane. LOL In many ways.

      Delete
  10. I think my birds are headed your way. Each day, there are less and less birds at the feeders and I have not seen the hummingbirds. I do hope you share you pictures and enjoy the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found you...I found you!!! After doing a search on google and seeing the result with a "GB DB" and a blogspot url. Yay!!!

      Thanks for visiting and if you'd like just click on the link in my sidebar, this is where I usually share my birding photos. Click on "I'd Rather B Birdin".

      Delete
  11. Nice decoration.

    It's good to take a blogging break every now and then. I just go with the flow of time, energy, and inspiration that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and that's just what I'm gonna do. Break big time.

      Delete
  12. I know what you mean. Since I took the teaching job at school, I don't have the energy to devote to anything. I've slacked off a bit with the blogging but don't want to give it up. We'll see. I love your little witch! So cute! It is annoying, isn't it, when you're hooked on a show and they have a bad season? Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I just hope that soon NCIS improves....a LOT!!

      Delete
  13. I just love your little witch in the lantern, so adorable! You're giving me so many ideas!! lol I look forward to seeing all of your Halloween decorations.

    As you know, I use to blog on a daily basis but those days are long gone, especially in the summer time. Like you, I'd rather be outside...me in the summer, you in the Fall:-) Whatever you decide to do, just never completely stop blogging!!!

    Congratulations on winning a giveaway, good for you:) I've entered a few lately so keeping my fingers crossed:-)

    Happy weekend, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Pea. BTW...happy Thanksgiving today.

      Delete
  14. Hi Anni I can totally understand your decision. It was a long hot confining summer.
    We look forward to catching you when you post and seeing your beautiful pictures.
    Hugs and thanks for all the fun TTS....
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for participating M&M

      Delete
  15. I think I need someone to oil my wood and stain my cabinets. Sounds like you have been busy and quite frankly I was always amazed you could post more than I could keep up with reading. Take a break and enjoy the birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...now Chuck, you know me....I don't think I'll go there with the wood being oiled.

      Delete
  16. Gosh, I'm lucky if I get any decorations out by the 31st! You are organized! And, it certainly is inspiring and gets me in the mood for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I've never been called inspiring before...so, guess that's a good thing?!!

      Delete
  17. I can't wait to see photos of your home decorated for Halloween. You are always so creative and full of surprises. I learnt a lot of decor tips from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks!!! I love positive feedback like this that you left for me today.

      Delete
  18. Wonderful decoration. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  19. I find that blogging has sucked out my life! I spend less time online these days! Life is too short!

    Wish we had Halloween here!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...make up your own halloween then. It just may catch on.

      Delete
  20. Well she is too cute to be scary! I love to decorate for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...she was too cute to resist not buying here too. LOL

      Delete

.