my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...update


I have finished, and am waiting on another person who is helping me acquire a couple of photos of a gravestone; one who works at a library and is the head genealogist there, in order for me to say "I'm done" with the research.  I have been working on a few here and there, making the files I've saved into pdf files; getting the images, charts, records all aligned with text.  When I receive the photos, I can then get them all added to a CD.  In all instances this was a whirlwind project.  Bud and my genealogy book, I finally had published, took me a good 25 years to complete.  This one for my brother in law will be a total of about 3-4 months' research.  So, it won't be as near detailed and in depth as ours.  And for my sister's lineage, I will just make copies of what I have for myself from my first genealogy work.

I'm sitting here listening to the Weather Channel and watching the videos on the hurricane Isaac that made landfall late last night along the New Orleans streets.  Ironically, it's the anniversary of when hurricane Katrina hit several years back.  With the millions of dollars spent on constructing and reconstructing the seawall along the New Orleans coast...I am hoping it helps.  Altho, keep in mind it's only a category 1 where Katrina was category 5.

Yesterday afternoon I began working on my entry for the contest that is going to take place this Fall.  The deadline for entries is October 31st.  And, it has to be on the theme lines of anything having to do with the coastal area of this part of the Gulf region.  Of course, my choice is birds.  Surprise, surprise.  LOL  And here is what I sketched yesterday so far. Once the sketch is half way what I have in mind for the painting, I will clip it to my easel and begin the watercolor painting. I have a title of it chosen, I have the color combination I will use, and my paint pallet and easel is set up in the computer room since I normally paint in the garage area 'cause of fear of spilling something...LOL Besides, it's a heckuva lot cooler in the computer room than the furnace in the garage. Right? Today, I think I'll take a break from the two projects for at least a few hours, go trekking along the Gulf shore to see the current [I read online with the local newspaper that there was a near drowning yesterday because of the high waves and intense rip currents created by hurricane Isaac] wave action!! Maybe even find a drift seed or two. Then, going out to lunch sounds good. Our favorite deli. Seems like it's been weeks that I've been cooped up indoors with these undertakings....and it's only been a week!!! Also yesterday, when I was taking a break from the drawing and genealogy, I made a post on a newsworthy note over at "I'd Rather B Birdin" bird photo blog --- the city is taking a stance to save a lake from going dry from the drought, and piping in water for the birds and turtles!!! I find that a very likeable happening, and something I would much rather read about than the distrust, cruel ways, politics, etc. etc. This was a 'feel good' post for me to read and share....if you're interested in it - CLICK HERE


I will continue to not post much here until I can again concentrate on blogging.




24 comments :

  1. I think it is wonderful that you have done the genealogy on your family Anni and for your brother-in-law. It is something I would like to do. I have made some attempts but still need to get really stuck in. I'm thinking about all the people down south with this hurricane. My in-laws are visiting North Carolina and it's raining down there, a run off from Isaac I guess. Can't wait to see that painting when you're ready to show it and thanks for the link, I will go check out your other blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...sometimes I volunteer jobs of work that I know I bite off more than I can chew at once....but genealogy can be rewarding and interesting at the same time.

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always good to hear from you and know what you are doing..hope you find something worthwhile on your trek today! I would LOVE to find some of the drift seeds...but we don't get them here...have a wonderful day and stay out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Bud found nothing, I found three drift seeds. That's all. It's been a 'quiet year' for seeding...or 'beaning' is what they call it.

      Delete
  4. So pleased to hear you have made such good progress! Well done! Thank you for letting us know - it's great to hear that ýou're well and that you're reaching your goals! Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...still, I am working on one, finished the other.

      Delete
  5. glad to hear that you made so much progress while you've been away from blog land. We miss you but certainly understand your need to take the time. Glad you popped in with an update today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for stopping by Ann, in my absence. Love hearing from you.

      Delete
  6. Maybe just a quick HI once a week to let us know you're okay? Sounds like a full plate and I know how that goes...we'll still here when you return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm back for now...saying "Hi" to you. ;o)

      Delete
  7. Well done on getting the geneology done. look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks for stopping by to read about my update.

      Delete
  8. Glad you're making progress ... looking forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks - I enjoyed having you visit with me during my hiatus.

      Delete
  9. Happy that you are making progress with your projects.
    If I lived near the coast I would be visiting the beach to see the effects of Issac. The beach is amazing and I am sure it is even more so with the hurricane effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we don't go nearly as often as I'd like this time of year....it's been way too hot this summer.

      Delete
  10. Hi Anni just us dropping by to say Hi and are glad you research is going well.

    Hugs Madi and Mom and Happy Labor Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, hi right backatcha M&M!!!

      Delete
  11. Yes, I think you deserve a break for the two projects that you're busy with. As the saying goes, "all work without fun makes Jane a dull girl."

    Enjoy the weekend Ms Anni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the best with your project.

    ReplyDelete

.