my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Shadow and fishin'---

my butterfly ring
pink and lavender topaz accented by small diamonds




CONNECTING TO:


_ _ _


SUNDAY'S SUMMARY

Very, very little has happened in my week prior to today. Slowly, I'm working on the oiling of the woodwork. Just partially done. Rubbing in the oil makes for a bunch of sore muscles in the arms. LOL So, I do just a little bit at a time. On completing my research [I think] -I've begun composing genealogy pages into PDF files. That too is just partially done. Three mornings Bud and I went birding. One day, nothing new. The 2nd time we sat under one of the gazebo/watchtowers along the boardwalk in Hans Suter Refuge park and watched for several minutes a great blue heron feed on a 'catch of the day'. This one, he could've told his neighbors that the big one did NOT get away!! After watching him, and we started walking back to circle around to the other side of the bay's shoreline, I almost walked right past a beautiful baby barn swallow that was perched on the railing. I took four pictures of it! LOL [so so cute]. Once beyond the boardwalk, and circling around to the parking lot ---I spied a yellow bird high up in a tree. Couldn't I D this one right offhand, so photographed it and came home and did some research in my many books of bird identification....it was a Dickcissel. Beautiful. About at the end of our walk [it was a two purpose walk this particular day ---Bud wanted to get some twisted branches for a craft project of mine that he is helping with...in the wood carving] ---I spotted another small bird that I know I hadn't photographed yet. Snapped its picture and I D'd it when I got home --- a Least Flycatcher. So...with those photos I will save them to add to my birding blog someday soon. Earlier in the week, we went walking along the beach...photographed and shared the egret on my Wednesday post already this week; here on Hootin' Anni's. Other than that, boredom. We really need to go somewhere and do something with different surroundings really soon. This has been a LONG, hot and dry summer, and way too uncomfortable to go anywhere and truly enjoy being outdoors - the 7 AM temperatures are in the 80s already and soaring up to 100 by midday!!!  Staying indoors, I continue to agonize with the reading of Mein Kampf....I find the man is full of cognitive dissonance, I find myself reading his thoughts on a certain subject then he'll change his views entirely in the following paragraph....which I find myself having to go back and re-read what he wrote beforehand, just to make sure ---STRANGE fellow, Hitler was.


This week's Birding Photos at my Birding Blog are the REDHEAD Duck, the Laughing Gull, a Great Blue Heron [just the profiled head], a Black Necked Stilt coming in to land on water, and a closeup of a Brown Pelican.
VIEW THEM HERE Or if the link is broken, just follow the lead from my Sidebar "I'd Rather B Birdin"


26 comments :

  1. Anni we are late today....so we'll comment on Sat and Sunday here. (today was my day to sort out my Mom's meds for the next two weeks).

    You must have a hidden web cam in my house. Just this week as I listened to the Cicadas summer song B and I were saying we had never seen one in person and here you have a picture!! Thank you.

    I love your butter fly wring.

    What do you use to oil you wood work. I use Liquid gold wood polish but the smell is a little too strong...especially when you can't open the windows.
    Happy Weekend,
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always used Old English Oil....it's expensive but oh so worth it. There are two kinds....clear oil and oil for dark wood. It does wonders on dry wood, scuffs and scratches!!!!! My grand mother used it, my mother used it and now I swear by it!!! No lingering odor whatsoever.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Anni
      Hugs
      C

      Delete
  2. I love your butter fly ring...I guess 'wring' is a combo of wing and ring. Crazy me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....chalk it us to a Freudian slip...huh? I knew what you meant.

      Delete
  3. Does the shadowy object qualify as a bauble? It looks very gem like in the purple stone...I attempted to read (and did not complete) Albert Speer's Inside the Third Reich years ago, and never finished it...strange that the architect Speer, who was called upon to design the buildings that were to last the fourth reich's 1000 years ended up being a minister of armaments or something like that... megalomaniacal is the operative word here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ralph....when I clicked on your name today, I couldn't access your blogger profile to find your blog.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't dared to read Mein Kampf! You're a brave soul to weather that one! I'd rather go birding than do that! And I'm a reader!!! Your butterfly ring is exquisite! Beautiful tones of lavender with hints of shadow! If only you could give us some of your warm sunshine and I'd give you some of our cold rain! What bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yep, I'll gladly trade you for some of your rain with our heat.

      Delete
  5. Even though our temperatures aren't nearly as hot as yours it has been rather uncomfortable to spend any length of time outside. We haven't been hanging out on the deck at all this year like we usually do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tellya, it's been a long long summer.

      Delete
  6. The ring is beautiful. Love the combination of lavendar and gold. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ring is beautiful.
    It has been a busy week for us at the office. We have had three big projects with deadlines of Friday. A single project is stressful and time consuming, but three in one week has been rough. Usually on the deadline date we are just doing a few final edits and putting the exhibits in order. But, one had changes right down to the last minute, we didn't even file the exhibits with the brief because we couldn't get them copied in time. So we will have to file them separately on Monday, which is very rare. What a week for Idol to be in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...hope your work week this week will be a bit smoother and more quiet.

      Delete
  8. Annie girl my goodness you are so energetic and so inquisitive you make me smile:)
    I have so many things that should be done in the house (and garden) I find it overwhelming at times .. I over did it in the garden yesterday and it sets me back for days trying to recovery .. I wish I could be disciplined like you .. a little at a time, and it gets done !
    Love the new look of your blog ... very calming and airy !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy?!!!!! Is that really you? I'm so pleased to see you stop by. Thanks for the compliment on the blog's template. Hope your week will be a good one.

      Delete
  9. That butterfly right is my birth stone! So pretty. sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...so what month is pink topaz? It's one of my favorite rings.

      Delete
  10. what a beautiful ring anni!! happy bird hunting!!!

    ReplyDelete

.