my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




...you saw me standing alone

PHOTO HUNT


Photo Hunters Month of July Themes
6th * Zany
13th * Dance
20th * Song
27th * Joker

I'm gonna take the theme for Photo Hunters this week, literally....and post a photo that represents an actual SONG by Rogers and Hart.


The photo was taken on July 8th early in the morning from our back yard.

The song? ----


BLUE MOON


_ _ _


CAMERA CRITTERS



Then, for this week's camera critter, I spied it...Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's not...it's a lizard [green anole], confused and imitating a hummingbird, --on the hummingbird feeder!!



CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters




_ _ _


WEEKEND FUNNIES


Bill and Ben were walking home from the pub. Bill says to Ben, 'What a beautiful night, look at the moon.'
Ben stops and looks at Bill, 'You are wrong, that's not the moon, that's the sun.' Both started arguing for a while when they come upon a real drunk walking in the other direction, so they stopped him.
'Sir, could you please help settle our argument? Tell us what that thing is up in the sky that's shining. Is it the moon or the sun?'
The drunk looked at the sky and then looked at them, and said,
'Sorry, I don't live around here.'

*

A teacher asks their students "Which is more useful, the Sun or the Moon?"
After a moment of silence a ten-year old student puts his hand up and answers, "I think it's the Moon because the moon shines at night when you want the light, whereas the Sun shines during the day when you don't need it."

*

Did you hear NASA wanted to study the effects of the moon on an aging individual, so they decided to resend Armstrong. Unfortunately, they canceled this because they were afraid the first words from the moon in 30 years would be: "Houston? I have fallen, and I can't get up."

*

Two blondes in California were sitting on a bench talking ... and one blonde says to the other,
"Which do you think is farther away ... Florida or the moon?"
The other blonde turns and says "Helloooooooooo, can you see Florida ...?"



...consider yourself 'mooned'!!



34 comments :

  1. Very cool picture. Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo! And the funnies made me smile - nice way to start the day! I am still trying to figure out how you got that shot of the moon - it is so clear and, well, blue! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Linda. Y'know? This is probably closest to a 1000th time I've attempting photographing the moon. The light of day was just right I guess.

      Delete
  3. Great photo! And I love the jokes - good way to start my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creative take on the theme! Beautiful pic and thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo of the moon. ;-) And the jokes were a good way to start my weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the theme and a beautiful shot of the moon. I love the little lizard on the bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative Anni...Happy weekend. Mine is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never fail to get one of those songs going on and on in my head, Anni. Now it's Blue Moon! Very clever post, anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I know, I like music and try to think of song titles to coincide with my posts often.

      Delete
  9. beautiful shots of the moon and critter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely captures and hootin funnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks fro stopping by!

      Delete
  11. That's a great photo and cool take on the theme!

    Incidentally, I think I first heard the song "Blue Moon" in the movie "Grease"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm, really? It's much older than that, guaranteed. :o)

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh I love that blue moon and the hummingbirds! sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to read you enjoyed the moon [[[LOL]]] that 'sounds' weird as I type it.

      Delete
  13. Ah! Blue moon! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni what a gorgeous picture of the Blue Moon!! Well done.

    OMGosh my little hummers get freaked out when they approach the feeder to find honey bees. If they saw a lizard they'd probably need CPR

    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was trying to think of a song... nothing would come to mind!


    I hope to see y'all next Saturday ... There will be a 'joker' next weekend!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you tied the theme together. Well done, great shot of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, I'm going to try this one more time and if it comes through twice, sorry.
    Madsnappers's Jake would be interested in that lizard up there.
    Thanks for the morning giggles today. I agree with the blond, I can see the moon from here but I can't see Florida. Loved that one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...no doubles....but must say, I hafta agree with you AND the blond, I can see the moon well enough. ;o)

      Delete

.