my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Graceful Dance

flame skimmer - dragonfly - at the end of its Dancing from reed to reed
Birding refuge in Port Aransas - Mustang Island


Photo Hunters Month of July Themes
6th * Zany
13th * Dance
20th * Song
27th * Joker




CONNECTING TO:
Camera Critters




_ _ _


WEEKEND FUNNIES




WOMEN’S LANGUAGE TRANSLATED

Yes = No
No = Yes
Maybe = No
I’m sorry. = You’ll be sorry.
We need... = I want
It’s your decision = The correct decision should be obvious by now.
Do what you want... = You’ll pay for this later.
We need to talk... = I need to complain
Sure...go ahead = I don’t want you to.
I’m not upset = Of course I’m upset, you moron!
You’re so manly = You need a shave and you sweat a lot.
You’re certainly attentive tonight = Is sex all you ever think about?
Be romantic, turn out the lights = I have flabby thighs.
This kitchen is so inconvenient = I want a new house.
I want new curtains = ...and carpeting, and furniture, and wallpaper.....
Hang the picture there = NO, I mean hang it there!
I heard a noise = I noticed you were almost asleep.
Do you love me? = I’m going to ask for something expensive.
How much do you love me? = I did something today you’re really not going to like.
I’ll be ready in a minute = Kick off your shoes and find a good game on TV.
Am I fat? = Tell me I’m beautiful.
You have to learn to communicate. = Just agree with me.
Are you listening to me!? = Too late, you’re dead.
Was that the baby? = Why don’t you get out of bed and walk him until he goes to sleep.
I'm not yelling! = Yes I am yelling because I think this is important.
In response to What’s wrong:

The same old thing = Nothing
Nothing = Everything
Nothing, really = It’s just that you’re such an idiot!

*


Little Susie was not the best student in Catholic school . Usually she slept through the class. One day her teacher, a Nun, called on her while she was sleeping. 'Tell me Susie, who created the universe?' When Susie didn't stir, little Johnny, who was her friend sitting behind her, took his pencil and jabbed her in the rear. 'God Almighty!' shouted Susie. The Nun said, 'Very good' and continued teaching her class. A little later the Nun asked Susie, 'Who is our Lord and Savior?' But Susie didn't stir from her slumber. Once again, Johnny came to her rescue and stuck her in the butt. 'Jesus Christ!!!' shouted Susie. And the Nun once again said, 'Very good,' and Susie fell back asleep. The Nun asked her a third question...'What did Eve say to Adam after she had her twenty-third child?' Again, Johnny came to the rescue. This time Susie jumped up and shouted, 'If you stick that damn thing in me one more time, I'll break it in half!'


The nun fainted.


[thanks to Nick for sharing these]




38 comments :

  1. You always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you can smile sweet Denise. It makes me happy to know.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing dragonflies along with butterflies and many other critters when out hiking. And while they may be hard to photograph, there's such a sense of accomplishment upon being able to do so, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty dragonfly, the color is beautiful. The funnies are cute too, especially the last one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I followed it all through the sanctuary wishing it would finally light somewhere. it was teasing me.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful capture of the dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your PH!!!
    So nice to be back here... :)
    Happy weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...long time no see!!! Glad you stopped by to say hello.

      Delete
  6. This was fun, and the dragonfly is sure pretty. What a great color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if it made you laugh today I'm happy.

      Delete
  7. That's a wonderful shot of that dragonfly. They are so pretty. The weekend language is funny - and pretty true. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked the dragonfly for the week's dancing theme....the subject was difficult for me. LOL

      Delete
  8. I'm here to see the Photo Hunt shot of "dance," which is glorious, but I LOVE the weekend chuckles. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....glad you enjoyed the 'funnies'.

      Delete
  9. Fantastic shot! The dragonfly is gorgeous, perfectly framed, highlighted, and in focus. Wish I could do all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....it wasn't too cooperative, but I had no place else to go, so followed it best I could 'til it finally landed.

      Delete
  10. Hi Anni, Great picture of the dancing dragonfly.....

    Jokes are cute... Thanks!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....glad you liked it Fiona.

      Delete
  12. Now that is for certain a graceful dance. I love watching dragon flies.

    LOL at the Women's language translation.
    Hugs and happy hot weekend
    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take Two

    I love watching the dragon flies dance and your picture is excellent.

    LOL at the translations.
    Hugs C and happy hot weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Dang this is my 3rd attempt at leaving a comment.

    I love watching dragon flies dance and got a real chuckle out of the translations.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....ummm, it worked all three times! LOL

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous! Visiting from Camera Critters.

    Pomeranian Chelsea
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I enjoyed your little fur baby post today also Rose.

      Delete
  16. Lovely dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful butterfly! sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I think the dragonfly is so appropriately named.

      Delete
  18. I love dragonflies - am hoping to capture one (with my camera, of course!) one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...they're so photographic I think.

      Delete
  19. I love that woman's language translation. LOL! I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice dragonfly shot. They have the most amazing looking wings.
    I had to laugh at the order of the woman's language translation
    You're certainly attentive, be romantic, this kitchen is inconvenient :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well now that you point it out....yessiree.

      Delete

.