my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Lucky Cat...





I don't have many, but I do like 'em. This one is my newest. Bud found it at World Market when we were in there looking for imported wines. It's a roly-poly one; porcelain...touch it and the whole kitty wobbles. Sweet!!!! They're Japanese figurines that are supposed to be 'lucky' cats. The Legend of the Maneki Neko goes: " In the 17th century, there was a rundown and poverty-stricken temple in Tokyo. The temple's priest was very poor, but he shared what little food he had with his pet cat, Tama. One day, a wealthy and important man was caught in a storm while hunting and he took refuge under a big tree near the temple. While he waited for the storm to pass, the man noticed a cat beckoning him to come inside the temple gate. This was so startling that he left the shelter of the tree to have a closer look at this unusual cat. At that moment, the tree was struck by lighting. As a result, the wealthy man became friends with the poor priest, and the temple became prosperous. The priest and his cat never went hungry again. When Tama died he was buried in the Goutokuji Temple's cat cemetery with respect and love, and the Maneki Neko was made in honor of him. A Maneki Neko in your place of business, your home or on your website is said to bring in good luck and visitors. Maneki Neko is Japanese for "beckoning cat. " The message he's holding says "Please come in. You are welcome!" and he is beckoning you with his paw .


Since I didn't do last week's Picstory at Tina's, the category was EXOTIC...and this week it's UNDER the TREE...I guess, the lucky cat above could be considered exotic. And for my under the tree would be themed for the holidays since that's what I immediately thought of...Things found under the Christmas Tree. LOL I'll post this image I shared around December:





Send your own Lucky Cat, Maneki Neko, animated card to a friend...








CONNECTING TO:

35 comments :

  1. Have sold many but not seen these roly poly's. Learn so much from you, Anni. Love that darling panda.
    TTFN ~
    Have a beautiful day ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was adorable that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. This cat is a really jolly one - laughing at us humans that do what the feline demands. Our cat does not have this smiling countenance, although we do what he demands. A porcelain kitty is a work of art, but aren't they all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cat is smiling! ^_^

    Kim, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beckoning for us all to join him

      Delete
  4. Ah, I love World Market! You can find so many cool things there.
    Your kitty is as cute as she can be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too....we go there often

      Delete
  5. Your kitty is cute and the legend is very interesting. I think I need one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen one like it before, I was thrilled.

      Delete
  6. Love tha Panda under "the tree".
    Mormor Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love that big panda! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know story of the cat...interesting! And I LOVE the panda! I had a very favorite panda when I was young...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud had a panda when he was a baby too....I have no idea where it went tho over the years

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your story about the cat. We love cats! And your fallen blossom photo below is outrageously gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cat looks like the one that got the proverbial canary!


    Paradise In the Mercado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it may have, just look how round it is at mid-waist

      Delete
  12. Marvellous story about the cat! I have never seen one like this before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the legend when I first read about it

      Delete
  13. That is one funny cat and I like the big Panda bear..

    Visiting for Ruby Tuesday 2- hope you can stop by..

    http://myrecipecollection.info/2012/06/sweet-italian-sausage.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cat is adorable, I like 'em a lot

      Delete
  14. i feel cold, if i see this :) but he is so cute! thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cute!

    My entry:
    Ruby Boat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni
    You know if there are cats in something we love it...same goes for Pandas!!
    Hugs
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cats...anything cats, me too.

      Delete
  17. Very pretty Anni.

    Come see my RUBY post, I love comments!

    ReplyDelete

.