THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-


-VARIOUS Waterfowl --



click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............

TAKE NOTE:
My photos are Lightbox enabled! Just click on one...then, continue clicking on enlarged photos!




Ducks and Song...

THE DUCK SONG
Lyrics and recording by Bryant Oden
YOU TUBE VIDEO LINK
photos of ducks taken at various times...mostly around Lakeside Park here in town and around the reserve in Aransas Pass Texas. The 'footprints in the sand' are actually sea gull---but, it was a good place to put it; I figured...

A duck walked up to a lemonade stand
and he said to the man running the stand



Hey. got any grapes?

The man said no we just sell lemonade. It’s cold and its fresh and it’s all home made. Can I sell you glass? The duck said “I’ll pass”.
Then he waddled away. Till the very next day.

When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand



And he said to the man that was running the stand
Hey. You got any grapes?

The man said no, like I said yesterday, we just sell lemonade okay?
Why not give it a try? The duck said Goodbye.
Then he waddled away. He waddled away. He waddled away
Till the very next day.

When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand



And he said to the man that was running the stand
Hey. You got any grapes?

The man said look, this is getting old. Lemonade’s all we’ve ever sold. Why not give it a go? The duck said “No.”
Then he waddled away. He waddled away. He waddled away
Till the very next day.

When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand



And he said to the man that was running the stand
Hey. You got any grapes?

The man said THAT’S IT!! If you don’t stay away, duck, I’ll glue you to a tree and leave you there all day, stuck.
So don’t get too close! The duck said Adios.
Then he waddled away. He waddled away. He waddled away
Till the very next day.

When the duck walked up to the lemonade stand



And he said to the man that was running the stand
Hey. You got any glue?

What?

You got any glue?
No, why would I– Oh!

Then one more question for you:
Got any grapes?

And the man just stopped. Then he started to smile. Then he started to laugh. He laughed for a while.
Then he said, “Come on duck, let’s walk to the store. I’ll buy you some grapes so you won’t have to ask anymore.”

So they walked to the store and the man bought some grapes. He offered one to the duck and the duck said “No thanks. But you know what sounds good? It would make my day. Do you think this store, do you think this store, do you think this store… has any… lemonade?”

Then he waddled away. He waddled away. He waddled away.




15 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for the morning laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOL Ms. Anni Mom is laughing so hard at and quacking like a duck. We'ver never head this before.
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs Madi and Quacky Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute...I love the ducks..
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little prints in the sand!
    I have never heard this song - quite cute.
    Thanks for your visit this morning. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny post. Love your cute duck shots, Anni...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! I know that joke as "duck walked into a pub, and he asked the barman, 'have you got any bread?'". It follows the same sort of pattern until the end where the barman says, "look, I've had enough of you! If you come in here asking for bread again, I'll nail your beak to the floor!!". The next day the duck comes in and says..."have you got any nails?" to which the barman says "no..." puzzled. The ducks says "Great! Have you got any bread then??". I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the photos, Anni. I always love photos of ducks.
    But the song cracked me up. I had to bookmark the page, so I can play it for my husband, who will probably say he's heard it before a zillion times because he had so many kids. But I've never heard it, and it sure made me laugh.

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again. I just posted your song of the week to my Facebook page. Just had to.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just this Wednesday, I spotted your "duck couple here in our Western Springs. I always had ducks when I was young, and knew the males were handsome, and the females plain. So I was reminded of the time when I helped my mum feed the ducks. I snapped some photos, still in my camera. Now you have posted it on Cyberspace.

    Exactly the same. we called this water ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wunderschöne Enten, kann mich immer wieder an ihnen erfreuen.

    Warmly ♥ Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, now I won't be able to look a duck without thinking of that cute song! lol I'd never heard it before so thanks so much for sharing. Every time Steve and I go to Niagara Falls, we go feed the ducks and geese...I'll have to sing them this song!! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! I got a giggle out of it.

    Hope you and Bud are well.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a fun song! It reminds me of my kids when they were little, they would want something, but when they get it they were on to something else.
    Lovely pictures also. I love watching ducks on the water, they just swim along usually minding their own business. I also like watching them waddle away, it's such a cute walk.
    Thanks for you kind comments on my blog. I enjoy participating in this meme so much. It gives me a place to share my photos both old and new with others. Plus the fun of putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That duck is annoying! :)

    ReplyDelete

.