my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Manu - NeNe

Walking with our 'tour guide' a few years back - Erik lived in Honolulu for about 5 years - we ventured through the gates of the Zoo/Aquarium. As with all zoos, we saw many many different species from around the world. But the one that really stood out in the crowd for me was one I had never ever seen before. And, that was the Hawai'ian State Bird...the Nene. A goose, that continues to struggle from extinction....




CAMERA CRITTER MEME Linked Button on sidebar marquee





Just for added photos, I also scanned photos of our guide [Erik] at Waimea Falls [why ah MAY Ah] on the North Shore of Oahu [where you hike to the falls] and Bud and I under a Banyan Tree near the Iolani Palace in Historic Honolulu. [The palace was the official residence of the Hawai'ian Monarchy]






WEEKEND FUNNIES

Being that Oahu is very very diverse in cultures, I thought I'd share this little ditty of languages. From English to Filipino and visa-versa. And some other "island" stuff for your pleasure...LOL And of course, it's all in fun...no offense taken, please.

Lesson:

Tenacious

English: Persistent or stubborn
Filipino: Tennis Shoes
"Oi boy, bepore [before] you go out to play you must tie your tenacious".

Staten Island
English: An Island borough of New York City
Filipino: "Is that an island?"
As the tour boat passes Magic Island, a filipino tourist asks the deckhand, "Is staten island?"

Penis
English: Male Genitals
Filipino: "Finish"
"Oi boy, bepore (before) you go out and play, you must penis your homework!"

Chicken Nut Bread
English: Some strange bread I've never heard of
Filipino: "She cannot breath"
"Oi, is dis dee 911 num-bare? You must hurry dee ambulance.. my wife.. chicken nut bread!"

PC-CAL
English: Perhaps some new method of doing Calculus on your PC computer?
Filipino: "Physical"
"I have to take a day off prom (from) work next week. I get dee doc-tore's appointment por d' PC-CAL."

Sea Shore
English: Sea Shore
Filipino: Seizure
""Oi, is dis dee 911 num-bare? You must hurry dee ambulance.. my wife.. chicken nut bread and she is having d' sea shore!"


- - -


Learn Chinese in 5 Minutes

* That's not right .................................... Sum Ting Wong
* Are you harboring a fugitive? .................. Hu Yu Hai Ding
* See me ASAP........................................ Kum Hia Nao
* Stupid Man .......................................... Dum Fut
* Small Horse ......................................... Tai Ni Po Ni
* Did you go to the beach? ....................... Wai Yu So Tan
* I bumped into a coffee table ................... Ai Bang Mai Ni
* I think you need a face lift ..................... Chin Tu Fat
* It's very dark in here.............................. Wao So Dim
* I thought you were on a diet ................... Wai Yu Mun Ching?
* This is a tow away zone ......................... No Pah King
* Our meeting is scheduled for next week ..... Wai Yu Kum Nao?
* Staying out of sight ............................... Lei Ying Lo
* He's cleaning his automobile .................... Wa Shing Ka
* Your body odor is offensive ..................... Yu Stin Ki Pu


MY FAVORITE:

* Constipated?................................Hung Chow


and the GROANER for the week:

A harried man runs into his physician's office. "Doctor! Doctor! My wife's in labor! But she keeps screaming, ‘Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't, can't!'"
"Oh, that's okay," says the doctor. "She's just having contractions."

25 comments :

  1. That's a pretty goose! Thanks for the laughs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for my laughs of the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omai Tu Fun Ni!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of that kind of bird! Thanks for sharing. Love the funnies...Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nene goose is pretty, Anni! Nice photo of you and Bud. Love the funnies, alway a fun treat on your blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope the goose avoids extinction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anytime someone mentions Hawaii, I go into a trance of some kind... I don't hear anything from there on out... I can't imagine getting to live in a place sooo beautiful! WoW!

    Cool bird... even birds get to live there... why can't I? LoL! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting! I had not clue what the state of bird of Hawaii would be but I would have guessed something more colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the goose and the funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Did I goose you? [sorry, just kiddin'!!!!]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shot of the Nene goose. Our aviary has two breeding pair, the little ones are so cute. I love to watch them.

    You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My first time seeing this beautiful bird!

    My critter post, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always such a delight with you, Anni. Smiles ...

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely goose - hope they can bring them back in numbers. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marydon.....done!! And happy to participate. Hope the makeover raises tons of $ $!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved learning the Chinese Anni, now I'm off to the takeaway to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really a cute post today... Loved your photos and you guys looked really good!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your kind comments Anni. The goose is very lovely...I do hope this species survives extinction! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm soooo envious that you got to go to Hawaii and even had your own personal guide:-) It's a place I would so love to go to one day, just need to get over my fear of flying in a plane!! It must have been such a thrill to see the Nene bird. Did Bud wear a grass skirt?? hehe

    Oh, Anni, your weekend funnies were so hilarious, I was laughing out loud while reading them!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely bird and your shot, too.
    Thank you for funnies :)

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha! I love the 'contractions' joke! LOL!

    The Hawai'ian goose, poor thing, looks vaguely familiar - perhaps I've read of it's plight before. Why is it struggling? Loss of habitat perhaps, or invasion of another species? I hope it manages to survive.

    I didn't know 'Hawai'ian' needed an apostrophe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blessings on this Sunday, Anni.
    I like the goose.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a lovely bird!
    We have been to Hawaii twice. I loved that walk to the falls. Heck, I loved Hawaii! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post made me laugh. Thanks Anni.

    ReplyDelete

.