my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Stop!!!


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics




Link to Song Video: Stop! In the Name of Love - Diana Ross and the Supremes
not many photos this week, it seems I've not been anywhere much these days...so the two photos were taken where it's heavily air conditioned...the mall!!!





Baby, baby
I'm aware of where you go
Each time you leave my door
I watch you walk down the street
Knowing your other love you'll meet
But this time before you run to her
Leaving me alone and hurt
(Think it over) After I've been good to you ?
(Think it over) After I've been sweet to you ?

Stop!


In the name of love
Before you break my heart
Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart
Think it over
Think it over

I've known of your
Your secluded nights
I've even seen her
Maybe once or twice
But is her sweet expression
Worth more than my love and affection ?
But this time before you leave my arms
And rush off to her charms
(Think it over) Haven't I been good to you ?
(Think it over) Haven't I been sweet to you ?

Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart


Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart
Think it over
Think it over

I've tried so hard, hard to be patient
Hoping you'd stop this infatuation
But each time you are together
I'm so afraid I'll be losing you forever

Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart
Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart
Stop! In the name of love
Before you break my heart

Baby, think it over
Think it over, baby
Ooh, think it over baby...

15 comments :

  1. Lyrics are good
    :)

    Thanks for sharing


    Bhupesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite songs of all times! Love it. And Jane Seymour is the bomb. Live the dummy. I can't spell the other word so I'll leave it at that. LOL. Great as usual. Have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I obviously can't spell love either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this song. STOP!!!! I used to teach my kids to spell STOP

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a gooooood song that! love the mannequin, perfect for the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture for Stop is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Anni this brings back memories...I loved The Supremes. When my daughter was young one of our favorite activities was going to the skating rink together. One time this song came on at the rink. I started singing to it. She asked how I knew that song. I told her we sakted to it when I was a teenager. She said and I quote, "I didn't know the song was that OLD"!!! LOL
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...the mall is the place to be on a hot hot hot summer day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Fun Fun.... My daughter use to hang around with Derrick when he was training in Florida. Her BF was married to a Yankee player. Wishing him luck on the 3000 hit!
    I would love to steal your eagle flag... How about it??? It is awesome!

    HUGS
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember this song so well, Anni. Diana Ross and the Supremes were great.
    You picked perfect photos at the mall. Can't beat Jane Seymour's face for a sweet expression!
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following. Nice Lyrics. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute. I loved that song and now it will be with me the rest of the afternoon. I might even start dancing around the office like I would do when I was younger in my bedroom.OOOPPS I telling a little age here, LOL
    Have a great day and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This song brings back some memories, my school friends and I used to lip sync this song with all the moves. The photo of the mannequin is perfect for the lyrics.

    Fun post Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you always say you're glad you're not here when it's cold. Well - I can say the same about being down there in that heat. I would be a total noodle. I could visit you in the fall, or early early spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another one of my favourite songs! The shot of the mannequin's hand is just perfect for "stop":-) We aren't allowed to take any pictures in our malls, at least in this city. One time I took out my camera to take pictures of something and a security guard came up to me and told me no pictures allowed. Now I'm more sneaky! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.