my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Honky-tonking ....


CLICK HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics



SONG LINK: Pickin' Wildflowers [artist: Keith Anderson]

photo credit: wildflowers around south Texas' parks, roadways, paths, and bird sanctuaries.


Baby, what you say we go pickin' wildflowers


I got a spot way back in the woods
Sneak away for a couple of hours
You and me, baby, a pickin' wildflowers


Hey baby, Mother Nature is waitin' and
Love's bloomin' like a cherry tree
Let's buzz around maybe do some pollinating
And dive in like honeybees
Baby, what you say we go pickin' wildflowers


I got a spot way back in the woods
Sneak away for a couple of hours
You and me, baby, a pickin' wildflowers


Take a trail ride if you know what I mean
Hey baby, won't you come with me
What you say we go pickin' wildflowers


Got a spot way back in the woods
Sneak away for a couple of hours
Spend a little time pickin' wildflowers


What you say we go pickin' wildflowers


Got a spot way back in the woods
Sneak away for a couple of hours
You and me, baby, you and me, baby
A pickin' wildflowers


What you say we go, what you say we go
What you say we go, what you say we go
Pickin' wildflowers, a pickin' wildflowers

17 comments :

  1. Diggin that video and song which I've never heard :) And your photos are just outstanding. I love 'em You are brilliant with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of flowers! your garden must be lovely this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're crediting your photos these days..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at this! The flowers are lovely- I love seeing wildflowers growing in their random spaces. They pretty up everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard the song before, but sure love the wildflowers! I remember when Lady Bird made Texas wildflowers famous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower shots are pretty, as usual! I don't think I ever heard that song before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful photos of wildflowers.
    That song will now be in my head all day.Thanks
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How hot is your hot? And humidity? It's finally warming up here, but as you know, I'd rather it didn't get hot!

    What surname in common?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely wildflowers - such abundance! Just beautiful! Lovely post. Never heard the song before that I can recall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wildflowers, Anni, and some interesting lyrics. A bit of innuendo, I'd say, although I've never heard the phrase "maybe do some pollinating" before. LOL
    Fun stuff.
    — K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  11. What in the world happened to Keith Anderson?
    I really liked him. I don't hear any of his music on our country station. They play way too
    much Carrie Underwood which makes B go posatal on me so I'm in search of another country station.

    Your pictures are beautiful.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. such beautiful flowers! Such bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one very cool song, I've never heard it before but I like it.

    Great collection of flowers Anni, you really brightened up my very gray, rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant meme - oh I have to give this a try but what to sing? Lovely images as ever...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm listening to the video as I look at your beautiful wildflower pictures and rocking away here:-) Love that song!! I always look forward to this every week, wondering what song you'll choose.

    Sunny and 64 here....we had heat for that one day and that was it! lol Hope you're having a wonderful day, dear Anni. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Annie Sweetie...
    Oh Girl, this one is SO you. I love it. Love the song, and I can just see you, spunky little thang that you are out there picky wild flowers.

    Your photos are absolutely gorgeous as always. I love seeing the gardens and all the beauties out there in Texas growing away. I love those cone type sunflowers in the first photo. They are my favorite.

    Hope you are well sweetie. I think of you each day and smile, when I see my sand dollar. Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful blend of words and pictures! The flower photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

.