my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




The shell game...


click HERE to join


MACRO MONDAY




Top side and flip side of two shells...











- - -<><><>- - -


MONDAY MORSELS

Let me expand on our movie going this last Friday. We did go see Pirates of the Caribbean "On Stranger Tides". The movie, tho some professional critics graded it mighty low, was super fantastic. Some say that Capt. Jack Sparrow was the same ol' same ol'!! Well, yes indeedy folks. The fans EXPECT him to be just that...the witty, goofy, sometimes child-like...yet, so awesome in his own way...we EXPECT him to be Jack Sparrow. CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW that is. And, I love the idea of having a long lost love interest. It was good to have Penelope Cruz in the plot. I enjoyed watching her and Jack's camaraderie throughout...tho, in a twisted way to make me think the writers perhaps have a fifth edition of Pirates in their minds. That would please me if it turns out as good as this fourth segment in the series. In fact, I enjoyed this one more so withOUT Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom. Really, I did. But my whole point in this post is all about Corpus Christi this time. You see, Corpus Christi is one of the few cities that opened their new IMAX theater with........get this....D-Box Technologies! The new theater with IMAX and Starplex have seats now that MOVE with the movie's action---computerized theater seats. If you've ever been to Disneyland in Anaheim, and if you've taken the ride on Space Mountain...where you sit in the seats and watch the video...your seats tilt, jilt, jump, sway...along with the trip through space!! I for one would really ENJOY the 75 foot IDX screen!!! But the moving seats while trying to hang on to your drink and popcorn?!!! I don't think so!!! Besides, after filling my stomach with popcorn with EXTRA butter [yes, I always ask them at the counter to 'layer the butter and add more'!!] Then...try to keep all that down while digesting the snacks....ummmmmm, regurgitation comes to my mind! Especially if the movie is filled with non-stop action and lots of motion in the D-Box. It'll be quite like what you see strewn across the grounds at an amusement park so near the rides that you try to avoid, if you know what I mean. Yep, that is the first thing that came to my mind! Besides, I go to see a movie to be thoroughly entertained while enjoying and keeping my concession food in my innards!!! Perhaps for the younger generation, this is tops!! But for us 'older folks'....no way. While interviewing, the hostess of the theater said: "state-of-the-art entertainment experience for our guests". And "Stadium 16 in Corpus Christi will be the first of the two to feature the motion technology, debuting 25 D-BOX MFX Seats in time for the May 20 release of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." I can almost see the headlines in the near future: "Patron files lawsuit with D-Box Technologies for injuries at the theater"....I'm wondering, with the lawyers and ambulance chasers that are abundant these days, with lawsuits for just about EVERYTHING...there's bound to be this soon---the theaters should consider posting in the lobby that they're NOT LIABLE for injuries...or maybe even have the patrons sign a waiver. Oh, and matinee tickets for the special seats are a mere $14.50 a piece, and AFTER 6 PM...$16.50. Let's see, my math...$33 dollars for tickets for two, two drinks for $8.50 and a large popcorn for $6.75....ummmm, that's $48.25 right? ...that is 2 hours to sit in a moveable chair for nearly $50 smackaroos. With that price I think I'd rather keep the change and not have my stomach churned this way and that way only to probably LOSE the $15.25 down the theater's drain/floor/thunder mug!

16 comments :

  1. Love your shells, they look like jewellery. And pleased that you enjoyed the movie, we are going to see it in a few weeks, on our long holiday weekend.

    As for those seats, no thank you, I would much rather sit with my popcorn in one hand, and drink in the other and not have to worry about what my insides is doing.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The D box sounds like fun especially for movies like Pirates. I wonder how it will effect soda and popcorn sales, will folks skip the goodies?

    Pretty shells Anni, I rarely see any in that good of condition when we go to the beaches here on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard good things about this Pirate movie, and someone else told me they felt like this was leading to another sequel. We may see it while Andy is home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it again! Wonderful pictures! Wishing you well!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snail shells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo you placed in Macro Monday, it caught my eye when I posted a photo of lots & lots of snail eggs! Nothing like beach combing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEVER trust a critic... I usually like what they don't and HATE what they love. I love Captain Jack Sparrow and hope he never changes!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni you are doing great with your shells. Happy Monday!

    Yellow Bird

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seashells - the pearl like shimmer in the sunlight that grabs your attention and you have to pick up one more to take home.
    Perfect macro intro into your Pirate movie review. I haven't seen it yet but I can hardly wait. Nothing Johnny does can be anything but good. :)
    Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shell shots Anni. I like the sand left on the bottom of the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni I can nearly smell the salt air on your shell. We're planning a day trip to our coast in June. I love looking for shells.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the details of the beautiful shells.

    Happy Macro Monday Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too funny and I agree... with the price of movies these days, I'd rather stay home and watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - I am asking for fellow bloggers to visit my site in hopes that we can find a match for a young girl that desperately needs a bone marrow transplant. Would be great if you could visit today too. Thank you. Kelly
    http://ivebecomemymother.blogspot.com/2011/05/help-save-child-urgent-request.html
    I've Become My Mother
    I've Become My Mother facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty sea shell images.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog.... come anytime... your painting is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

.