“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






A Costa Rican Visitor...


[click HERE to join]


CAMERA CRITTERS









Near our Lantana Bush
I spied a Black Chinned Hummingbird

So intent was he in feeding, he didn't
notice me and my camera!!









- - -<><><>- - -


WEEKEND FUNNIES

A woman wanted a pet to keep her company at home while her husband was off at work and the children were in school. After some research, she decided a parrot would fit her needs nicely. It wouldn't be as much work as a dog or a cat, and it would be very interesting to hear it speak, but unfortunately they were quite expensive.

One day on a shopping trip she spotted a large, beautifully colored parrot and asked the owner of the store for the price of the bird. The owner said he let it go for $50. Delighted that such a rare and beautiful bird wasn't more expensive, she agreed to buy it.

Before accepting her money, the owner said, "I should tell you first that this bird used to live in a whorehouse. Sometimes it says some pretty.....well, embarrassing stuff." The woman was so attracted to the bird and the excellent price that she decided to buy it anyway.

When she got home she placed the bird's cage in her living room and waited patiently for it to say something. The bird studied his new surroundings, and his new owner, and finally said, "New house, new madam." The woman was a little taken at the implication of what she had just heard, but after a few minutes decided that it wasn't really all that bad.

When her two teenage daughters came in from school, the bird Looked them over and said,"New house, new madam, new whores!" After their initial surprise was over, the girls joined their mother in laughter.

Shortly after 5PM the woman's husband came home from work. The bird looked at him, the mother, and the girls and said, "New house, new madam, new whores, same old faces. Hi Sam!"

- - -

A lady approaches her priest and tells him, "Father, I have a problem. I have two female talking parrots, but they only know how to say one thing."

"What do they say?" the priest inquired.

"They only know how to say, 'Hi, we're prostitutes. Want to have some fun?'"

"That's terrible!" the priest exclaimed, "but I have a solution to your problem. Bring your two female parrots over to my house and I will put them with my two male talking parrots whom I taught to pray and read the bible. My parrots will teach your parrots to stop saying that terrible phrase and your female parrots will learn to praise and worship."

"Thank you!" the woman responded.

The next day the woman brings her female parrots to the priest's house. His two male parrots are holding rosary beads and praying in their cage. The lady puts her two female parrots in with the male parrots and the female parrots say,"Hi, we're prostitutes, want to have some fun?"

One male parrot looks over at the other male parrot and exclaims, "Put the beads away. Our prayers have been answered!"


I'm not going to be home from the early morning hours today...so, I'll catch up with you tomorrow. :o)

14 comments :

  1. chuckle, snort...wait, laughing....snort...

    Ok, now that I've regained my composure---what amazing pictures! Wow!

    And the jokes...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are superb pictures!!!
    Love the jokes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always good for a laugh...I had to read the first one to Jim so he could laugh too....the photos are beautiful...I know how hard it is to catch a good one of the Hummers.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos..so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos of the hummingbirds are stunning! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny! Both of your parrot jokes made me laugh out loud. I love the hummingbird pictures, Anni. Very pretty!

    Have a great weekend,
    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shots of the hummingbird! We won't be seeing any over here until mid May, that's when they usually arrive in my little corner of the world:-)

    Omigosh, those two jokes were hilarious! I especially loved the second one, never expected what those two male parrots were praying for! LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!


    Here's my entry, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots of the hummingbird, Anni! And I laughed over your funnies. Great post and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MOL Great funny stories...and Mom is so jealous of your hummingbird. She said you have a variety of hummers in TX. We have only one the ruby throated and we love watching them all spring and summer. Mom would love to see another variety but....maybe some day,
    Happy Sat. Evening,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictue of that hummingbird! You live in the best place for birding ever ever. I love it here in FL but I miss our winters in Port A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the jokes! I needed that laugh today. Beautiful shots of the hummingbirds. I saw our first one today while water the flowers it was a ruby throated one.We only had two all last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny Parrot story! Love the beautiful hummingbirds!
    Have a great day!
    Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hummers and the lantana! Can't wait to see my 1st one of the season.

    ReplyDelete

.