my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Al-l-l-l-l-l-l-l A-b-b-b-oard!!!


Click HERE to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics





She was born one mornin' on a Sun Juan summer back in 18-an'-80-an'-1
She was a beautiful daughter of the D & RG and she weighed about a thousand ton

Well it's a 45 mile thru the Animas Canyon so they set her on the narrow-gauge

She drunk a whole lotta water and she ate a lotta coal
And they called her the Silverton (Silverton Train)
(Here comes the Silverton up from Durango
Here come the Silverton a shovelin' coal
Here comes the Silverton up from the canyon
See the smoke and hear the whistle blow)


Well now listen to the whistle in the rockwood cut on the high line to Silverton Town
And you're gonna get a shiver when you check out the river
Which is four hundred feet straight down

Take on some water and the Needleton tank and then I struggle up a two-five grade

And by the time you get your hide past the snowshed slide
You've had a ride on the Silverton (Silverton Train)
(Here comes the Silverton...
[ strings ]
(Here comes the Silverton...

Now down by the station early in the mornin' there's a whole lotta people in line
And they all got a ticket on the train to yesterday and it's a gonna leave on time
Well it's a 45 mile thru the Animas Canyon so they set her on the narrow-gauge
She takes a whole lotta water and she ate a lotta coal
And they called her the Silverton (Silverton Train)

(Here comes the Silverton...
(Here comes the Silverton...


SONG CREDIT: C. W. McCall Title: The Silverton Train
Link: CLICK HERE


PHOTO CREDIT: This is especially for Madi's Dad today....I found out a while ago he likes trains. I scanned a whole lotta photos from one of our trips to Silverton [high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains] on the train. In a day or two, I'll come back and post more photos as I conclude the 45 mile trip through the canyon...with a bit more to write about. All photos are of the Durango/Silverton Narrow Gauge Train Ride. Bud, Erik, Irene and I were aboard.

13 comments :

  1. I think I Can I think I Can....LOL I never heard this song before. I listened to the whole thing and loved it and your photos are just awesome. They go along with it so well. So cool of you to do this for Madi's dad. :) well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard this song before. The pictures and the song are perfect together! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Anni....as soon as my B gets out of the shower I'll get him up here to see/hear this post!! Now I we really HAVE to visit Colorado.
    Thank you for the post and pictures,
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and I must say that I have never heard that song before.
    I will be waiting to see more photos.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Interesting post and pictures. I enjoyed it!

    I have mine up now!

    ...also- forgive me for the double link-I messed up on my first try...so if you can, please delete it. Thanks!

    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni, this is so cool! Thanks for the history lesson too.

    Have a wonderful day,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shall we make it a date and go on this train.

    I don't know this song or singer. I imagine Johnny Cash would sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I've lived here for almost 40 years and we've never made it to the Silverton Train. Shameful, isn't it?? I didn't know there was a song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CW McCall has such a great voice for songs like this one. I haven't heard it before but I love it and also your great photos. Makes me want to get over to Colorado and take a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like it would have been a wonderful train ride! The only train I've ever been on was the Santa Train as it went about 5 miles an hour for about 10 minutes. lol I'd love to one day go on a trip using a train. Your pictures were so much fun to look at! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, that is one big & complicated meme! I love old trains, they remind me of my grandfather who worked on them.

    ReplyDelete

.