my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


...On the boardwalk...down by the sea


Click button to join
FOLLOW ME TUESDAY linked button on SIDEBAR!!




"GET YOUR FRESH SHRIMP HERE"

Really no explanation needed on this one. The picture I captured one morning after the shrimp boats came in to the marina; selling their day's catch...As y'all know I love going down there to watch the pelicans mostly. By the way? The boardwalk at the marina is finally being replaced! It was, in some areas, getting mighty rickety. It spelled L O O S E...and get this--------water underneath it. I could just see me falling through. Now if the shrimpers would get some sturdy boats instead of the rotted out vessels, they may even convince me to go out on the water with them sometime. NOT!! LOLOLOL


- - -


It's the first day of March. It's one of my favorite months of the year. You have all things Irish, green, sister's day [personal], a great memorable quote from Shakespeare's play, a favorite of mine -Julius Caesar, "beware of the ides of March" that I love to quote on every 15th day of this month, March Madness, Spring, Baseball Season is so close to beginning the regular season, warm temps, sometimes we have Easter. Flowers blooming, green green grass, the sea temp warming up for wading on the shore. So many things... It's just an all - together good month. [Except for the clock change....again! That I could do without...anytime!!]

16 comments :

  1. Anni, great addition to RT. I also love your new layout. You are so talented. Perhaps you should go into the business of taking orders. I like your designs so much more than those done from scrap-booking materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful shot^^ happy ruby tuesday enjoy your day and have a blessed time. here is my quote for you today
    Courage doesn’t always roar.
    Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
    at the end of the day saying,
    “I will try again tomorrow.”
    http://casseydab-spec.blogspot.com/2011/02/ruby-tuesday-my-niece-with-her-korean.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita Thank you so much for your compliments on my blog designs!!! Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. casseydab Tomorrow's another day...thanks for the quotation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot tell you HOW MUCH I am missing some good ol' Texas shrimp right now. Just about as much as Tex Mex I guess, haha. I hopped over from Texas Bloggin gals and really glad I did. Have a great one!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. T G N I'm sure glad you stopped by. I'm always excited to meet other Texans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Anni you know how much I'm going to enjoy this March! I do believe March will be my favorite month too.
    Housekeeping left a retirement greeting card on my desk...what a nice surprise.
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  8. M&M How sweet of them. Your office staff and housekeeping are thinking of your upcoming retirement!! As I know YOU are too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, nothing like fresh shrimp ;-)

    And March is a wonderful month ... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am your newest follower!

    I am stopping by from Follow Me Back Tuesday, come follow me as well if you like! :)

    http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower from FMBT :)
    http://4mykiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! Love the green on your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I look forward to keeping up w/yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sign...I too spend much time watching water birds circle the fishing boats, mostly loud squacking seagulls in my part of the world!

    And I love your St. Patrik's day design...this is also one of my favourite months, though I'm with you on the time change thing...that's just annoying...LOL.

    Have a wonderful March, Anni!

    Lynette
    Imagination Lane

    ReplyDelete
  14. on a blanket with my baby is where I'll be.
    I could do without the time change too...does it mess up your Cats schedule? Smokey doesn't go by the clock so when his regular feeding time is an hour later or earlier because of the clock he could care less.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower. When you get the chance please follow me back.. http://realadventuresfromamomof3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a big seafood fan but I do enjoy shrimp once in a while. I'd love to be able to get it fresh like you do! I can't even imagine being able to just go down to the docks and buy shrimp straight from the boat:-)

    There certainly is a lot going on in March and my biggest thing is Sugar Bush time! lol We'll be going to my brother Guy's place the last weekend of March so hopefully the sap will be running well. Always look forward to this:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.