my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Tee gee winnie...errr, ummm Tijuana?


Click button to Join

...a meme where you match photos to song lyrics


PHOTOS, THIS TIME, have mouseover captions

Special thanks goes to Madi, and Arthur and Rosie for walking away from posting bail!! You're all so wise!!



I was shootin' dice, rakin' in the dough
And then I hear-r-rd the whistle blow
We started to run when a man in blue


Said, Señor, come with me ‘cause I want you!

So here we a-are in the Tijuana Jail


Ain't got no fur-r-ends to go our bail


So here we'll sta-a-ay ‘cause we can't pay
Just send our mail to the Tijuana Jail.

Just five hundred dollars and they'll set us free
I couldn't raise a penny if ya threatened me
I know five "hunderd" don't sound like much


But just try to find somebody to touch
So here we are in the Tijuana Jail



Ain't got no fur-r-ends to go our bail


So here we'll sta-a-y ‘cause we can't pay
Just send our mai-i-il to the Tijuana Jail



KINGSTON TRIO Tijuana Jail video link

21 comments :

  1. MOL MOL MOL!!!
    We love it Anni and so creative too!! Madi was happy to lend her tail for the cause.
    And we love the K-trio.

    Thanks for the Thursday LOL
    Madi, her Tail and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I love it...I remember that song, very popular during my HS years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE Anni!!!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard that song in forever! That was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really hilarious! You made up those lyric? I love the fur-r-ends! You are a hoot!
    Thanks for visiting my back.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's me again, sorry, I listened to the song and I get it now. Really cute!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hootin Anni!!
    I found you!! BOL
    Sorry bout that Jaill stuff and WHAT?? Madi wouldnt come to your rescue??? what is this world coming to Ha! Hope you get out soon!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sure another HOOT!!Anni
    I love how you do those neat things with your photos.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TOO funny, Anni. And your pictures are perfect!
    I loved this song when I was young. When I was 'approaching' middle age, I had a cassette tape of Kingston Trio songs. My youngest brother, who lived in Mexico 6 months a year until he reached high school, really hated the Tijuana Jail song - I'm not sure why - either because he thought it was derogatory about Mexico, or because the Kingston Trio didn't pronounce Tijuana correctly. Anyway, my cassette tape mysteriously disappeared!
    I must try to find a CD, but YouTube will do for now... it really got my toes tapping!
    --K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor furry friends can get tossed behind bars just for being themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We (Mr. G. and I) are still laughing ! that's really too cute ! I didn't realize that Rosie and Arthur have such "sexy" botties, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, that is so funny! You did a great job. I hadn't heard of this meme yet. I'm going to go and check it out. Thanks for making me laugh.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) What a fun post!! I liked that!!

    I did one!!!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this, what a fun post Anni! But is the the Tijuana Feline jail? I'll be by to post bail next time I pass through Tijuana!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm running behind on comments this week but while I'm here! Cool shot of the turtles, I miss seeing them here while it is so cold. Another reason I'm looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha...that was great!!!! :-)
    and the cats are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hilarious, what an imagination you have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know this song, but the white cat, she's not acting in James Bond movie is she?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, Anni, you had me laughing so much...especially at the fur-r-ends! LOL The pictures just go so beautifully with the words, don't they?! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.