my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Is it frosting on the cake? No...it'snot'

My Thursday Themesong post is below this post---

ASK ME:
How cold was it in South Texas yesterday?

It was so cold here yesterday, I saw all the Democrats with their hands in their OWN POCKETS [that's an old joke, I know, but it's fittin' I guess...LOL...]



Actually...the low temp was 24 degrees [ -4 in Celsius] and the windchill factor it was 5 degrees [ -15 in Celsius]!!!! The high was 32 degrees [0 in Celsius]. And here I was bragging just last week about all the Springtime budding on the trees and bougainvilleas....I bet that came to a screeching halt. Ice and snow predicted today and Friday. I'll not have a snow scoop readied [we don't have one -don't need one], but I will have my camera readied. Some asked if we got snow yesterday...NO...when you read about Texas getting snow...remember the state is humongous....takes about 16 hours to drive across the entire depth or width of the state. The photo above is near Dallas [Arlington, Texas to be exact] from our TV screen during the nightly local news--and that is north central Texas...driving distance to Corpus where I live is about 450-500 miles [about an 8 to 9 hour drive] So, when it snows up North, the southern part of Texas is way too far away to compare weather.

But it's headin' our way.