my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Let's go "window" shopping!!





[click button to join]


1. The latest book or movie that made you cry? More watching a trial for this city...the small girl was burned over 50% of her body [from a scalding hot shower]...I'm saying the parents are GUILTY even before the outcome!!! I hope they get life!!!

2. The fictional character most like you? Ummmmm, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

3. The greatest album, ever? Seriously, the soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera...I LOVE the music.

4. Star Trek or Star Wars? Why? Star Wars most definitely. Why? Ever hear of Han Solo?

5. Your ideal brain food? Someone else cooking it instead of me. Anything'll do!!!!

6. Everyone is proud of a certain accomplishment, which one for you?? Learning to play the piano, and being able to speak several languages.

7. You want to be remembered for ...? Hootin' Anni: She came, she typed, she blogged.

8. Let's talk about recording artists. Who do you find the most inspirational? Luciano Pavarotti!!

9. The creative masterpiece you wish bore your signature? Moaning Lisa!!

10. Your hidden talents . . .? I can cross my eyes and jump rope at the same time!! Actually...my talents are all visible.

11. The best piece of advice you actually followed? Be happy.

12. The best thing you ever bought, stole, or borrowed? A house.

13. What is the most comfortable clothes that you wear? Oh need you ask anyone? It's just gotta be SWEATS!!! Big, fat, loose-fitting sweats.

14. Your dinner guest at the Ritz would be? The Ritz? THEE Ritz? As in Carlton? President Obama. And you thought I was gonna say Johnny Depp didn't you?

15. Time travel: where, when and why? Anytime. Anyplace to get away from it all. Just 'cause.

16. Stress management: hit man, spa vacation or Prozac? Brute Force is always good...."hit man"...or hitman. Either one. [kidding]

17. Essential to life: coffee, vodka, cigarettes, chocolate, or . . .? Don't drink coffee, but the rest....yes, anytime, anyplace. Or, did I say that once already?

18. Environment of choice: city or country, and where on the map? City...as much as I love the countryside and country living, I would much rather have the amenities of a city!!! Anyplace but Alaska...I hear tell I'd see Russia. Oh ya, and North Korea...after all they ARE allies of USA, right? Or was it EAST Korea?

19. What do you want to say to the leader of your country? Let's have dinner at the Ritz Carlton!!!! You....me....be there or be square!!

20. Last but certainly not least, what are you working on, now? Working on trying to get through the day with nothing but smiles!!! [depends on the who wins NFL]


END of Sunday Stealing
If you'd like to skip my day
of Window Shopping below, you may
LEAVE A COMMENT HERE


- - -<><><>- - -








A few days ago, I posted about our bi-annual trip downtown to the oldtown area. There is this huge warehouse that was converted to a multi-room specialty shop. They always have seasonal items galore. The shop is called Bleu Frog. And Christmastime is my favorite time to go and walk around. Now, mind you, it's an extravagant place. Nothing's cheap. All the display 'cases' are pieces of antique furniture, wagons, curio cabinets, even one room has an old saloon's marble top bar for displaying items for sale. Oh, and there is a quaint little cafe that serves hot meals also. And each time Bud and I have been there, no matter what time of day, the cafe is popular!! And the wonderful odors drifting in and around the rooms from the cafe makes you wanna eat something. Also, there is a candy 'store' in the building that specializes in all flavors of homemade fudges, from milk chocolate to maple creams. That too is quite costly, but well worth getting a piece of it to munch on while perusing all the different rooms. This year, I kinda concentrated on a few items regarding Christmas of course; falling in 'love' with one particular tablescape dressed up for the holidays in black/white/reds and Santa themed.



Each item, each piece of tableware is priced individually, and of course that is where the high prices'll get you in the wallet!! But fun to get ideas. And then, go elsewhere and replicate the scene at a lesser expense. LOL

In another room it's all done up from the "Old West". You'll find a lot of Western Movie memorabilia; including a lot of John Wayne, antiqued rusted spurs, wagon wheels, local hot sauces, themed holiday ornaments that would pertain to the frontier, old fashioned dishes such as huge mixing bowls done in high fired and glazed clay of natural colors, etc. etc. And then, the gift ideas. Decorated animals are en vogue no matter what part of the country you travel, cows, pigs, dogs, even horses....here is one in particular I really liked---



Here is Bud, checking out the 'Old West' Ornaments with a Texas flair...



Walking over to another room through the threshold everything is of Spanish style. I have always liked St. Francis of Assisi with his love of animals. And this one caught my eye. Instead of being molded from cement and clay, this one was carved. At least that was the impression I got, I didn't get too close to it because of the "you break it you buy it" stipulations being that he was nestled in among a tonnage of ceramic things....




In another room, I found this sweet little morsel!! A special key for Santa. So he can unlock my heart the door for his entry into my home on Christmas Eve.






Another room...Christmas Tree Haven. All the Reds drew my attention!



...and into another room, another area, this is all for Jim Shore's Figurines. As I love Cardinals so much, Bud had to come get me [I was in another room at the time, drooling]...and show me this Cardinal ornament.



If y'all ever come to South Coastal Texas, and we meet somewhere, we'll have to make a special trip to Bleu Frog. But fair warning, make sure, if you have any intentions of buying something, get a bank loan! [Or get a bail out...or somethin'] It's expensive.

Speaking of buying. Other than the fudge I bought to eat while walking the rooms and wishin' ---I did find a Santa I don't have in my collection. And it didn't cost an arm and a leg. A Cheese Knife. In fact, now that I think about it, it was less expensive than the two squares of fudge I bought for Bud and me ---




- - -

For the week, projects and tasks accomplished were few but much needed to be done. I finished a crochet project that I will "show off" on Tuesday for Ruby Tuesday. I got all the packages and Christmas Cards addressed, stamped, weighed and shipped off for the holidays. I finished another project that I can't tell you much about until after the Christmas Season. You see, it's a secret. I've photographed it and will write about it more in depth, here, at another given time. Since the good, long time friend sometimes visits my blog, I don't want her to know what it is until she receives it. It's a surprise. I do, tho, hope she likes it. Bud gave it his approval. LOLOLOL Last night, after a two year absence when we didn't attend, Bud and I went and enjoyed the Harbor Lights on the Bayfront. This is where the city has a whole day of celebrations of Christmas with parades for the kids, Santa, programs, food vendors, music, and at night the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Parade of Boats in the Bay. Photos to come probably on Wednesday for Outdoor and Watery Wednesday - IF THEY 'TURNED OUT OKAY' - I haven't downloaded them yet. I think now, all I have to do is do a bit of holiday baking and I'm done. But that won't be until it gets nearer to the very day we celebrate.


20 comments :

  1. Good answers, though Johnny Depp's bound to be disappointed. Really liked the hit man answer. Bleu Frog looked a great place for Christmas decorations, nothing even begins to compare to it around here. Have a great Sunday, hope the NFL result goes the right way for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how is Moaning Lisa related with Moaning Myrtle.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I enjoyed your answers.Thanks for the smile on my face.

    BTW. I so love your header.

    Happy SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You speak many languages? Who knew! Impressed! I got to see Luciano in LaBoheme years and years ago at The Met. Brilliant performance. Hans Solo is still hot even today as a geezer. ;-) Have a great week Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had fun reading your answers...:-) Love It!!! Have a Blessed Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, wacky answers to SS, Anni! I lol-ed on your #10. I can also cross my eyes and roll my tongue at the same time, but I can never do that while jumping rope! Have a fun Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Phantom of the Opera too ! Have seen it twice. I don't like piano, but I loved to listen to Elton John !
    I finished my decoration too and spend the day by creating a Christmas card !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni, Enjoyed our Sunday Stealin' and going along with you and Bud on your little excursion. That place looks awesome. Glad you were able to find a few things in your price range.

    Wishing you and Bud a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm enjoying your pictures.
    Oh, and Alaska. Please.



    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/12/what-is-the-greatest-album-ever-duh/
    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary I only bought ONE item, the cheese knife. Everything is over priced here if you ask me...but still fun to go 'window' shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like also the theme song from the phantum of the opera. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I beg to differ,

    Hootin' Anni: She came, she blogged, she entertained! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you're feeling better and having some fun. Such a lovely outing!

    The book that made me cry most recently was Mary Beth Chapman's, "Choosing to SEE."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your share of 'life', Anni.

    Wow! What a fabulous place to shop ... to get ideas for sure. Love that wee bird in the hand.
    Can see you had a wonderful time ...

    Have a lovely winters eve ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear John...watched it at home alone and definitely cried.
    I saw Hans Solo in his latest movie Morning Glory on Friday. I have always loved that sideways grin.
    I love the music from Phantom, too.
    I like the convenience of city but love the country so I'd say country with a city within a 20 minute drive...yes there are such places.
    Loved the window shopping.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should be so proud of being able to speak several languages! That's great! Anni, take a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More watching a trial for this city...the small girl was burned over 50% of her body [from a scalding hot shower]...I'm saying the parents are GUILTY even before the outcome!!! I hope they get life!!!

    This is so so sad :( How could they take it? Grrr

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sad news about that girl..the parents were kinda careless on that..

    awesome answer no. 7

    thanks for stopping by at mine

    ReplyDelete
  19. and why would you date President Obama? ehehe yeah, JOhnny Depp can be a good choice, the waiter would definitely be waiting for the BIG TIP :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwww... i just loved your answers, they made me smile :D
    I love the Phantom of Opera too.
    Have a great start of new week :)

    ReplyDelete

.