my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




All's fair when I'm on the bargaining table!---------


CLICK BUTTON to join

Well, I won't be rearranging design in the living room very much anymore! There is a furniture store that is going out of business here in town and Bud and I decided to stop by yesterday, just to look, on the way home from lunch yesterday. And we ended up going home and moving out the old black leather set and cleaning up the carpet really good to make room for the new couch and loveseat we purchased. There was no intention of buying in Bud's mind when we walked through the store's entrance, that I know. He was just in there with me, browsing to see what prices were 'slashed'. With me tho, it was in the back of my mind to find something that was a bargain. Regularly $1299 for the two piece set...guess what? I got them to bargain with me; well-built, solid and well-finished and got an unbelievable price of----ready? Bud says I should be ashamed of myself taking advantage of their losses. I say: "Oh well. When they have window signs that say no offer is refused, it worked for me." $199.99 for BOTH pieces!! Yes....with tax less than $250 for a new couch and a new loveseat! AND...to add to the sweetness of it all...free delivery! The colors are nice for a change. No black and darkness. It was delivered late last night, so I had to take photos with the blinds pulled...I can't wait to see the living room in full sunshine filtering through the windows. I think taking out the black leather and having this brocade colorful set will brighten up the room a bit. It's difficult to get sunlight in the house even with lots of windows---the house sits on an angle with the sun...






POSTED: Friday, July 23rd, 2010
4:40 A.M.

If my mom were alive today, she'd be celebrating her 99th birthday today.

32 comments :

  1. Wow what a bargain. Looks great and puss thinks its OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting!
    I love your new set, that is one awesome price. I think that if I found a set for that price new my husband would be all for it and finally I would get a new couch!!!!

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did great! That is an unheard of price - and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First... I know my mom is probably giving your mom a "tea" in Heaven. That's what my mother loved to do. Entertain. My mother's birthdays are always a little tough for me, but she's only been gone two years.
    You did GOOD, girl friend! A sofa AND a love seat. Woo-hoo!
    Good for you.
    Have a great day.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a price! I love your mindset when you said that the sign read "no offer will be refused", and your thought was, "works for me". I had to chuckle.

    Your new pieces look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing - bowing to you, Anni! You are a queen among queens of bargains!! Beautiful couches and the kitty likes them, too. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a deal. You do not find prices like that in our area unless it is at a yardsale. Thanks for visiting my site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with you today on your Mom's Birthday...What a bargain and it is just gorgeous..my colors and everything..I love it...Looks like someone else does too...Smokey usually smells anything new for several days before he will lie on it like that...Enjoy!
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm always a little unsure of myself with haggling, but good for you! that is a definite steal!

    glad you came by the cape on the corner, and thanks for your positive words on my bedroom revamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are an amazing bargainer! I can't imagine getting such a good deal - beautiful set!!

    DC was born on your mom's 31st birthday. Think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a a bargain- you should be so proud! Thanks for stopping by- I am off to check out your photography blog too. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now THAT is a great deal. All's fair I say. Good for you and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those couches look fantastic and what a steal! The cat approves too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a real bargain and a pretty one too!! congratulations on a fab deal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a bargain! Happy 99th to your mom in heaven:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anni, beautiful sofa, and wow, what a deal. I see the cat has approved also! Glad you came by,
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great deal! Good job bargaining!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is what I call a BARGOON!~ Awesome, looks great, cat is happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't even believe how thrifty you are! I would love to go junking with you...I bet you scoop up the best deals!!
    Your new furniture looks great in your green room. Even your kitty seems to think so.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You did get a great bargain - very pretty. Looks like someone has already found their favorite spot. :D
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks lovely - and what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great new set! What an awesome find!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is great to find something that you need at a great price!!! What a deal! I am your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by today.
    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Annie!
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Wow! the furniture deal was fabulous, you rock!
    Worth cleaning out the rug for!

    Thanks for visiting my crochet blog too! Till next time, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great deal!! I bet you are thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday to your precious angel mom, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a blessing for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. NOT EVEN!!!! What a lucky day! I think they're very pretty and there's nothing like something new to perk up the house! Good job.

    Happy birthday to your mom...

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow you did great!! I see the kitty is breaking it in so it doesn't smell new : )

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW You did very good! Great bargain!
    Hugs
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anni, Your new sofa set looks great in that room. Seems like you cat lus it too. Thanks for sharing and also for stopping by. Have a great week...Julian

    ReplyDelete

.