Theme: Mother/Mom
Were daughters and mothers
Not so long ago.
We give and take
And take and give
Along time's endless row.
Love is passed
And love received
To be passed on again:
A precious heirloom
Twice, twice blessed,
A spiritual cardigan.
I'll put it on
And treasure it,
The me I have received,
And when the roles
Reverse again,
I'll have what I most need.
So may our love
Go on and on,
A hundred thousand years;
Mothers and daughters,
Daughters and mothers,
Through joys and other tears.

MY MOTHER
ME
and
IRENE
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
poem from searching 'free mother's day poems' found online
I have TWO Saturday posts today. Another below this one,
SIX WORD SATURDAY, CAMERA CRITTERS and Weekend Funnies memes. Click bold text to open in a new window.
This is beautiful, Anni.
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day!
Karen
Ladybug Creek
Hi Anni, long time now;)
ReplyDeleteWonderful words and excellent collage you have created this week.
This is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is such a lovely poem Anni! I like your collage as well. Happy Mother's day and thanks for visiting.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! (Am I wrong or do you look like a clone of your mom?)
ReplyDeleteNice collage!
ReplyDeleteAlexa Yep, I've been told I'm my mother. I see her every morning too, when I look in the mirror.
ReplyDeleteFunny post, loved the cat scan. Your kitty is very pretty! Have a great weekend, Anni
ReplyDeletethis is such a lovely Mother's Day dedication.
ReplyDeleteI wish my mom was like you...
Happy Mother's Day!
hugs
shakira
Beautiful collage Anni :) Thank you for sharing it and Happy Mother's Day :)
ReplyDeleteThat was a lovely poem, I love your take this week. Mine is posted too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful photograph of three generations. Beautiful post to honor your mother.
ReplyDeleteAnni, an absolutely beautiful Mother's Day tribute. Happy Mother's Day.
ReplyDeleteLoved the photo of Winston below enjoying his time on the computer. LOL He's a beauty.
Hope you enjoy your weekend. Mom is still in hospital, so not doing much. The boys are busy with Michelle.
Blessings,
Mary
Beautiful portrait, Anni! Happy Mother's day!
ReplyDeleteMother Nature
Wow, haven't visited in a while -- and you've done great with regards to the new blog design as well as this week's Photo Hunt entry! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is the perfect angle on this theme. Also love your new graphics. Cool.
ReplyDeletethis is so eautiful
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you are a mother, but Happy Mothers Day Anni!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful photo of three generations of your family. Have a Happy Mother's Day
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful tribute, love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on the photo of my Mom. I was surprised how beautiful it was. It was just a quick photo while she was watching TV the other day. I hadn't yet gotten the curtains up in my new office/lounge in our new abode and I wasn't sure if it would turn out.
ReplyDeleteA note on the poem on your post.
My mother keeps saying "I wish I could do more. I feel badly that you have to do so much..." I have to keep reminding her that she looked after me for a long time when I couldn't "help out"....
What a lovely poem about mothers and daughters!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my PH-post. All of my older family photos are pictures from neagtives or slides. I wanted to show a picture of my mother, but I'll have to work it in at some later date.
I am using my very much neglected Swedish-language blog for PhotoHunt today. So even if I sign as "Tina" I am also "Anna" of Anna's Adornments as well as Sara Cat.
Hugs,
Tina
http://tinassmycken.blogspot.com/2010/05/photohunt-theme-212-mother-fotojakttema.html#links
Mothers and daughters - what a special relationship.
ReplyDeleteYou look like your Mom - I especially see it in the lower half of your face!
This is beautiful :) Well done my friend. And Happy Mother's Day :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great collage! We love the Cat Scan too!!
ReplyDeleteSniffie and the Florida Furkids
That's a great take on the theme.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to have you back in the PhotoHunt thing.
Happy Mother's Day to you, Anni. We both miss our Mom's.
ReplyDeleteMama Bear
Anni that was just lovely...I love that poem! And what a clever way to describe motherhood as a cardigan! A little bit like Josephs Technicolor dream-coat (coat of many colours) A mothers coat is a coat of many roles.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous Mothers Day Anni
Happy Mother's Day,my friend!
ReplyDeleteYou look BEAUTIFUL, then and NOW!
You are such a wonderful friend and MOTHER!
May this Mother's Day be one of the best with more to come in years!
YOU ROCK, MOMMY!
hugs
shakira
What a nice picture of three generations !
ReplyDeleteMy son arrived yesterday from Amsterdam and we went to a restaurant for Mother's day. It was delicious !
That's funny you adopted Winston on the 5th of May and my little Rosie was born on the 5th ! she is now 3 years old.
ReplyDeleteThe dog story is so funny, hahaha ! Cat's are clever !
nice photo take on the theme!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY MOTHER's DAY to u!
Beautiful - Did you write that poem? It's lovely and very deep. Happy Mother's Day!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy mother's day to you too!
ReplyDeleteA loving tribute to your mother and daughter. A nice poem for the generations and the love we pass on.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem and collage, Anni!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mother's Day to you!
How sweet. Wanted to wish you a happy mother's day my dear Anni
ReplyDeleteMoondustwriter.com - I have a mother's day tribute up
love and hugs for your day
That is so sweet...:)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you saw us at the game on TV!
This is a beautiful post. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Mother's Day! This is a sweet dedication for your mom.
ReplyDelete