my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Wave Walkers...at the Mall---

Before the shoppers arrived one morning, on another damp and wet, rainy day...in order to get my daily walking in, Bud and I ventured into the larger mall in town. Being early, the stores were not open. For us seniors, and others in different age groups, walking the mall is a membership if you wish. We're called Wave Walkers around here in Corpus. As we walked, we window shopped, trying to keep our pace rapid. I just had to stop this one time!! I saw this. I can see myself purchasing him this bargain. "And to think", I told Bud in jest..."I can get myself another treat at half off!". Bud just smiled and kept walking. Then, ahead of me, as I was wiping my drool off the glass store window with a tissue, licking my lips from the candy display, Bud had stopped, and was gazing at something of interest. As I was catching up to him I secretly wished the stores would have these semi-annual sales monthly! Good thing tho, probably, my heart couldn't take the pounding sales like that all that much. But I sure could mix and match with ease.


So, I catch up with him. He found payback something that caught his eye for sure I bet. If this was his way of telling me he could play the game with me...I'll give him that! But I put the hipper dipper on his morning when I said to him "How nice!" His proud shoulders dropped then, and we moved on. But, not without getting a photo of Bud...see his reflection in the window, by the R and T in the word heart? I swear he was watering at the mouth over this display. Heck, what goes best with candy that'll melt in your mouth? You're right! "Got Milk?" That really made him more grumpy. Off we went...doing more window shopping as we walked our hour away.........





Come, walk with us as we get our exercising in for the day---










When our time walking was coming to a close, Bud took this last photo asking me to make a wish at the center fountain...betcha can't guess what I wished for that very day? More candy perhaps? I'll never tell!!!










- - -<><><>- - -



This past Friday I found in my comments a special gift for me. Anne passed this Beautiful Blogger Award on to me. I'm always very humbled that other bloggers and blogging peers show me they enjoy Hootin' Anni's!! It brings me much joy. I want to thank Anne from the bottom of my heart. You certainly made my day.






I'm now obligated to list seven things about me:

1] Roses are my favorite flower
2] Purple is one of my favorite colors
3] I still want to slide into a room when I hear "Gimme that Ol' Time Rock and Roll"
4] I love to find objects created in cloud formations
5] I love making my own tortillas from scratch
6] One of my favorite lines in the movie JAWS is: "You're gonna need a bigger boat." [Chief Brody]
7] At the drop of a hat, if someone told me it's free living...I'd move to England.


- - -

To all the beautiful bloggers out there, I'd like to pass this on to

Call me Grandma Dawn
Country Wings in Phoenix
Thom
1 Door Away From Heaven
Our Adventures with Tassie



- - -<><><>- - -



ALSO NOTE for Firefox Browser patrons: I just upgraded my browser to FF 3.6; after installing and opening browser, the first window was FF Personas. I've not heard of them before. Maybe 'cause I have never taken the time to check everything out. With the note upon the completion of installing the upgrade, I clicked on the link and found this!! There is over 3000 browser PERSONAS!!! I just changed mine to a St. Patrick's Day theme. What fun...so much to choose from and so little time to peruse them all!! BEGIN HERE











POSTED: Monday, February 22nd, 2010
12:50 A.M.



23 comments :

  1. hummm, sounds like an entertaining morning.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for starting my week off with laughter, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that "candy" and"milk"! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing the stores were not open during you walk. Those people would be heavy to carry around.

    Mad Hatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed going on this walk with you - you two are funny! Bud got a nice shot of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the story of the mall, brought back a memory walking through town with my Brazilian partner when she chided me for ogling, ah looking at a more recent speciwomen. My retort, "You only need to worry if I start looking at guys!" The subject was never mentioned again.

    AV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Sweet Annie....
    I so love this post, I am laughing and laughing. Buy 1 get 1 50% off. Can you imagine that? Oh and my DH would be standing in from of the Wild @ Heart for sure. I love Bud's reflection in the store window. Oh Annie I had no idea you were a Wave Walker. How cute is that? I just love it. If I lived there I would be walking right with you. (We have a mall close by my work, but it is not a safe place to be, so I have never been able to walk in a mall of a morning. While at work I just walk around the floor of the building where I work. Not much scenery there like you saw today. Definitely no windows.)

    I love the picture at the last that Bud took of you. Such a beautiful picture. You look so elegant sitting there. A captured memory.

    Oh I love that line from Brody, "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Wasn't Jaws just one of the best? I should've known a rose for sure, but now I would have never guessed purple. You through me off there for sure.

    Thank you for thinking of me on the award, I am so honored. I became an award free blog some time ago, but I may have to play with this one. Thank you Sweet Annie.

    Have a beautiful MOnday and as always thank you for touching my heart today. You are an angel.

    Country hugs and much love...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are a hoot, Anni! Mall walking is a good way to go if you can't go outside. I've never beel able to do it, because the nearest mall is in FC. Love the reflection of Bud as he drooled.
    I'm having some kind of issue with my computer that prevents certain pictures from showing up - not all, just some. It is incredibly annoying!

    Thanks so much for the lovely award - I appreciate the thought very much.

    Have a wonderful day - is the sun out today? It's been cold ans snowy here for the last couple of days - kind of a damp cold that goes to my bones - unusual. Today it's really cold - 7 degrees so far. But I am confident spring is going to arrive one of these weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS - I get a bang out of the fact that Wave Walkers can, after getting their good exercise, go to the candy store and get a treat for 10% off - funny! Oh, and don't forget the pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you mind sharing the half off treat with me? Funny, when I hear Gimme That Ol' Time Rock and Roll, I just want to boink Bob Seger : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni, I enjoyed reading about your day, and seven things about you. Am like you in 1, 2, 4 and 7, hahaha! Especially no. 4 -- I think it's been a habit everytime I stare up the sky. =)

    God bless my friend! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use to go walk at the mall too since it is so hot here in the desert in the summer. It is a lot of fun and it seems that it goes really fast. Great post. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute good morning chuckle! 50% off, huh? Sounds good t me ...

    Have a beautiful week!
    TTFN, Hugs ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's my kind of exercise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leave it to you to make a walk in the mall so interesting! lol I laughed when I could just picture you and Bud trying to outdo each other in the drooling contest! hehe We have a group of people who "walk the mall" as an exercise option over here as well:-)

    How cool about the Firefox add-on...I just did added it and like you, I'm all decorated for St. Patrick's Day as well!!

    Congratulations on your much deserved award, dear Anni. Oh yes, that song always makes me want to slide into a room as well! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yesssss, I guessed right, Rod Stewart:-) Shows you did an excellent drawing of his likeness. Hard to believe so many of these great musicians are in their 60's now and yet still going strong. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy reading your answers to the different memes and this one was no exception:-) You know if you ever want to come to Canada, my doors are open to you!! Would be fun to see what trouble we could get into! hehe I don't know why I never realized you could speak French...that's my first language. When I was little I learned to speak Italian because of a neighbour who was Italian but after we moved away, I completely forgot what I had learned. lol Great meme, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I'm new to your blog. LOVE the header with the seagulls. Beautiful!

    This post had me smiling. I wish the mall was a little closer for Greg and I to do some mall walking :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. getting in your daily walk at the mall??? damn, why haven't i ever thought of that... sounds like a brillant idea. i might even end up extending my walking time until the shop open, heee heee heeeeee. and the candy. well, well, well, what a bonus!

    congratulations anni, you ARE a beautiful blogger. heart, mind and soul. just perfect for you!!!!

    and thank you so much for thinking of me. it means so much coming from you. i'll figure out the copy and pasting tomorrow. we just got back from the 'big' city. had to go to the consulate again for the passports and stuff and i'm still getting used to my new little laptop, so i'll attempt it with a fresh mind tomorrow morning...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you my friend. I'm honored and humbled at your generosity for this award. MWAH! Oh I'm so with you on the eye candy WOOT!! And 50% off too boot. You and Bud are just too funny. Great reflection my friend. I like the persona. There are soo many to choose from. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  21. BTW - I use the Random Pesona!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As always, I loved reading your post. Wish I lived near enough to walk the mall with you. We'd have a wonderful time together.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the mall walk! And its the most exercise I've gotten in days -- thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete

.