my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out







Sunday Stealing:



1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet? Yes.

2. How do you flush the toilet in public? With my shoe covered foot!

3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Yes, in protest tho...I think the law is against civil rights! Where's a good lawyer who could prove it in court!?!!

4. Do you have a crush on someone? Did!

5. Name one thing you worry about running out of. Heart Meds. [But I really don't worry...it's just something I continually keep track of so I won't run out.]

6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? My middle brother always told me I reminded him of Phyllis Diller when I wore my hair like this.....



7. What is your favourite pizza topping? Pepperoni and EXTRA cheese!!

8. Do you crack your knuckles? No.

9. What song do you hate the most? Not a song per sé --the genre...Rap

10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? No. I didn't mention a particular song.

11. What are your super powers? None, that I can think of off hand, unless being able to grasp things with my toes is a super power.

12. Peppermint or spearmint? Peppermint.

13. Where are your car keys? ...on a key rack.

14. Last song you listened to? "José Can You See" [our national anthem of course!]....The Cards/LA Dodgers Game...

15. What's your most annoying habit? Ask Bud...he'd say I click my teeth on my fork when I eat. I don't know I do it. It drives him insane.

16. Where did you last go on vacation? Big Bend Texas.

17. What is your best physical feature? Legs. Or so I've been told.

18. What CD is closest to you right now? Lewis Black Comedy.

19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Milk, Cheese and Apples for me. For Bud it's Wine, cheese & Summer Sausage.

20. What superstition do you believe/practice? None.

21. What colour are your bed sheets? Purple/wine colored.

22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird? Bird...I love to fly [in a plane]

23. Last thing you broke? A candlestick.

24. What are you having to eat tonight? [Last night] Pork Roast, Parsnips/pork gravy, and tossed salad ....with Orange caramel dark chocolate covered cookies for dessert. So.......it'll be leftovers - pork sandwiches tonight!!!

25. What colour shirt are you wearing? Yellow tank top.

26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing? Wishing the Jazz Festival was THIS weekend...an annual event; it's NEXT weekend. Can't wait.

27. Do security cameras make you nervous? No. I normally wave at it if I see one.

28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be? I am, therefore I blog.

29. Last time you went to a cemetery? Planning on going before Halloween. But the LAST time was a couple of years ago, when we WENT to the one we plan on visiting again this year...it's an historical one...a creepy one.

30. Last concert you went to? Rod Stewart

31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? Singer: Rod Stewart, Band: Creedence Clearwater

32. Next concert you're planning to attend? Who knows? Something that would be good...worth the mega price.

33. Do you talk to yourself? Ya, and I even answer myself...that's bad, I know!

34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet? Yes!!

35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born? Yes....my grandparents were on a huge farm.



- - -<><><>- - -


UNCONSCIOUS MUTTERINGS


1. My treat :: I'm buying!
2. Bell :: Book, and Candle [ Film --LOVE it!!---especially the cat...Piwacket]
3. Five :: Gimme ... [gimme five!]
4. You’re crazy! :: I've been told that!
5. Disgust :: Ewwww!
6. Tempest :: Shakespeare Play
7. Bummer :: Awwwwww, shoot!
8. Brim :: stone
9. Hose :: water
10. Lollipop :: old song...Lollipop, lollipop, ohhhh-h-h-h Lolli, Lolli, Lolli-POP!



- - -<><><>- - -
- - -<><><>- - -




Through Heidi's Blog I followed a link to Doris's Pet Costume Giveaway Contest....there'll be voting to see who wins the prize. Sounds like fun. You many want to enter, I'm not. Nor is Winston or Tahoe, but I thought I'd share this for others who may dress up their fur babies for the season...

Check it out. HERE

image not mine...
I borrowed it for this blog entry!





- - -<><><>- - -


* *Yesterday afternoon, I added four more digital photos to my PHOTO BLOG [should open in a new window]



- - -<><><>- - -


I've said it before, and I'll say it again...I'm sure glad to be living in the Deep South, where our weekend temps were in the low 60s for a high and promises to get back up in the mid 80s by the middle of next week. Yesterday, The Colorado Rockies and the Phillies were to play the 3rd game of the playoff series. Guess what? It snowed in Denver!! [color me happy not being a resident of the snowy, cold state any longer] The temp was in the 20 degree range and they postponed the 3rd game to today. The 4th game will be played and televised on Monday instead. Boy howdy...I still, for the life of me, can't figure out why, when they build a pro baseball park, that the baseball commissioner doesn't make retractable roofs mandatory!!! It'd save a lot of extra work hours all around [the concessions, the ticket sales, the offices, etc.] and cancellation of games. Now the fans who had tickets for Saturday's game have to go to the Sunday game...and the fans who have Sunday's game tickets have to wait 'til Monday. What a headache all around. Retractable roofs...that's the ticket!!





POSTED: Sunday, October 11th, 2009
7:10 A.M.


40 comments :

  1. you're so diplomatic, your yes answer to wanting someone to fall off the planet... and i really should start wearing my seatbelt. i used to, and somewhere along the line, i just stopped...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the dog's costume.

    My husband is busy reading the Lost Symbol as well.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night's dinner sounds delicious! And Rod Stewart - he may be old but boy he can still rock! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretations ... gimme five ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Groovy mutterings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re Lollipop...that song now always reminds me of CSI. Even the computer ad that uses it remind sme of CSI.

    :-)

    Have a great week and enjoy the warm(ish) temps as we freeze--literally--up her in the North!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep, the brimstone one was good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to know who you want to fall off the planet! :)
    Retractable roofs sounds like a great idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. no. 17 reminds me of an anecdote about Prince Charles commenting on Tina Turner's legs: "the best pair of legs I've ever seen" in front of a blushing Diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel That's funny....Bud thinks the very same thing about Tina's legs. And you know what? I hafta agree.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As per usual... in playoff season, our beloved Cards forgot to show up to the game... and it was in STL even. Gah! Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS. I forgot to mention, I love what you've done to the place for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Thanks for commenting on mine, now that lollipop song is stuck in my head - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very quick witted, Anni. I love your responses today. I hope you're having great weather. It was 27 degrees here last night, so we woke to the wonderful aroma of madrone in the air and smoke rising from wood stoves like witches fingers. Now comes the kicker. It will be 70 degrees by noon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi I've just received my first bog award! There's one for you on my blog - please call by to collect it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. At least I know between you and Bud I will always have cheese and wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You wave at security cameras, too! Cool! The broken candlestick leads me to suspect that YOU are Miss Scarlett from the Clue game!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love Phyllis Diller and think you would be the bomb with the do. And for some reason I do think you have her type of personality, which I most certainly love :) #33...welcome to my world LOL. Mutterings: I haven't heard that Lollipop in I don't know how long. The dog...what some people do to those poor critters. I feel for them LOL. And you know, I'm going for Colorado just because of you. I've read it so often on here that it finally sunk in. Have a great Sunday and week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like your blog's Halloween makeover. Some good answers for the Sunday Stealing. I agree with you on rap music, and that evening meal sounded yummy. Hope you have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your orange background!!

    Orange caramel dark chocolate covered cookies? YUM!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Howdy there sweety. I love your post today and Gizzy is so adorable. I just met Doris but she seems truly wonderful and delightful to visit. What a wonderful post. I hope this Sunday is finding you well. Take care of yourself.

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you should have invited me over for supper last night. That sure does sound yummy. I never make meals like that, too lazy after having kids all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. we matched on the last one
    were you singing along too ???

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Anni, I've come stealin again.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anni,

    I just visited Colors of the Wind. It is an amazing photo site. Love the four most recent pictures. My favorite is the yellow hibiscus. I'm glad to see you are enjoying your new camera.

    Loved your Sunday stealing and your Phyllis Diller hairdo. LOL Those were the days.

    As always, I enjoyed visiting with you. Sent you an email a little while ago.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. #15 is what my daughter does, I can't say I like it either. It is sort of a hurried thing, she nearly throws drinks into her mouth. She is very active.

    We have an ad on TV about the shoe covered foot thing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think being able to grasp things with your toes is a super power. (It should be anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Anni! I loved your mutterings, but I really enjoyed your questions and answers at the begining. I sure feel like I'm getting to know you a lot better! I love that we both thought of the lolipop song. With all the dell commercials on TV I'm surprised that everyone didn't have that answer!
    Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm with you on #9....I like what you've done to the place too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dinner sounds soooo nice, it's making me hungry!!! And who would you like to push off the planet???

    Love the halloween decorating, wish I could come trick or treating there! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOVE the new look ....and Rod Stewart *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  32. I, too, use my foot to flush a public toilet. Who wants to touch that handle with their hand, right? Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great answers for Sunday Stealing! I also love your Halloween theme. My SS is up, so if you get a chance, drop in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your posts, as always! Please join me for my new meme, Memories. I think you'll like it! http://ladyhightowerscastle.blogspot.com/2009/10/memories-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. i love your blog design!

    thanks for dropping by my site!

    take care always!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi! Fun answers. I thought of Brim(Stone and Treacle) and also Shakespeare!

    Love the look of Sunday stealing, too! New one to me also.

    I had a go at this, my first time! You can check it out here, if you wish.

    Nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey, just found you, and love your blog so much I've added your pic and I'm a follower :) So glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete

.