my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





click either button to join
List of 2009 Photo Hunt themes by the week


Today, for the Photo Hunt, we have a "free week" option. I'm assuming not any particular subject; that we choose what we want to share....


Well, of course, I'm gonna try to keep the month long theme going for something dealing with Halloween. When we go out for fast food, I always want McDonald's Fish Fillet Sandwich. I've tried fish sandwiches at other fast food places and always go back to Micky-D's!!! I think it's the dill flavored tartar sauce and the not so dry fillet!! Anyway, after working in the yard one late morning, I didn't want to stop and change clothes and make us something....it was hot, humid, and we were both quite sweaty. I scrubbed my hands and arms, wiped my face a bit...jumped in the car and drove down the street a few blocks...yep, we are conveniently located very close to a McDonald's, a Jack in the Box, a Chicken stop, and a grocery store. Nice, huh? LOL And I don't like going through their drive thru order areas...it's a waste of gasoline, it's hard on the car's engine, and besides....having to leave the window open in the car makes it not so air-conditioned. So, I park and go into the cool dining area and order. A virtual graveyard, with tombstones, skeletons, webs, and even 'real live' dirt for crying out loud!!! This is what was there in the front lobby!!! [I'm not so sure the Health Department would look at it as 'cool'....but I thought it was!!!] And, besides, this packaged dirt that you buy [it was purchased dirt, I can tell 'cause I've bought some myself several times] is a lot cleaner than what you have at picnic grounds or ballparks!!! Just above this 'graveyard' and entangled in the webbing was the day's MENU---

Maggot Stew
Assorted Eyeballs
Monster Claws
Bloody Bites
Snail Slime Surprise

and for drink/desserts...

Witch's Brew
Creepy Cookies
Coffin Cake





- - -<><><>- - -

CAMERA CRITTERS





Yep, there is even a Teddy Bear Witch in our home, wearing his special witch's hat, bow tie and waiting patiently....All ready for the special night with his trick or treat pumpkin bag!!

















POSTED: Saturday, October 17th, 2009
4:45 A.M.






28 comments :

  1. Happy Halloween and have a great weekend. CY.
    www.tangcyee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way places enter into the spirit of Halloween! (I didn't intend the pun but now that it's there, I like it! :) )

    I wish there was more in the way of decoration for Halloween in Europe - it's much more low key here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun decoration!! I am with A., not very Halloween-ie in Europe.
    Happy weekend and happy PH, my choice is posted here! as you saw it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love your teddybear witch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you're into holloween already. cool

    mine is up too

    ReplyDelete
  6. The health department can get carried away. What a wonderful surprise and what could be more appetizing than dead people?

    Come Visit Silly Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa spooky but the teddy bear is snuggly!

    Here's my entry

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I like Mickey-d's fish sandwich but haven't had one in years!

    Your teddy bear is quite adorable

    Mine's here. Hope you can visit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anni! LOVED the Halloween Menu, and laughed out loud! Dear Son is wondering what's so funny! Love your cute little bear too! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice choice for the week Anni thanks for sharing...Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now my mouth is watering for a McDonald's fish sandwich! I think that I had better get off the computer and at least eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Anni how cool was that graveyard at McDonalds... It was SUPER... Loved it!! I always like it when the places I do business decorate for any of the holidays but especially Halloween... Have a spocktacular day my friend!

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're scaring me :)

    I played both too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that menu!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was at a Micky-D's? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love visiting your blog in October, it puts me in such a wonderfully witchy Halloween mood!



    My Photo Hunt entry is up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the spooky graveyard scene, so haunting. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't had a fish sandwich from fast food in years but Hardees used to have a good one.
    This is so unique. Thanks for sharing.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my dad loves Mcdonalds fish sandwhiches. I hope this week is finding you well.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute witchy critter. Thansk for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fun post, Anni! Delighted you're keeping up with the Halloween theme! Love what you've done with the place!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Halloween theme! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooh I wish our Mickey D's would decorate for Halloween like that, how awesome!! Pfffttt on the health department, I say the graveyard should stay put! hehe Love the menu as well. lol

    Awwww your witchy teddy bear is so darling, he doesn't scare me one bit! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I real like the bone yard. Coffee is on and I did photo hunt this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Halloween season to you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cool post, Anni! You sure do like Halloween. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are too cute! You are in the spirit of the season! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete

.