my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





Join Here Theme this week: RIPPLE
The ripple effect is a term used to describe a situation where, like the ever expanding ripples across water when an object is dropped into it, an effect from an initial state can be followed outwards incrementally. Examples can be found in economics where an individual's reduction in spending reduces the incomes of others and their ability to spend. In sociology it can be observed how social interactions can affect situations not directly related to the initial interaction. and in charitable activities where information can be disseminated and passed from community to community to broaden it's impact. Synopsis: First generation immigrant, and hip, new-age clothing designer, Amer Atrash, left Lebanon in pursuit of the America Dream.



<><><>


click button above to join


"Oh this constant inferno outdoors! It really makes for a day without any activities to watch. Even the birds that usually are around disappear in the heat of the afternoon....:Sigh: My life as a housecat is so boring!" :::think I'll jump up on the window sill::: "If I do, I just know Anni'll come around and tell me. 'Tahoe, get DOWN!' She's that way, y'know! She is no fun. Always thinking I'm gonna break something. Tsk, tsk...at least having her reprimand me for looking through the Venetian blinds as I paw it...that'll be SOME excitement for a while!"

"Nope boring too!"

"Guess I'll go search for somewhere to nap."

"Ho hum".



- - -

Yesterday morning Bud and I took a little trip outside of the city to the South Texas Botanical Gardens. There, they have a month long contest and throughout the acres there were the entries...scattered and strategically placed. It ends on Labor Day with prizes to the winners. I strolled along the pathways and took a few photos here and there. Tho I haven't taken 'em off the cell phone yet, I hope to share my morning hours here on my blog. Hopefully, on Monday if I can get any gumption....LOL I'm really not ambitious today.

Hmmmmphf!! While watching the Astros game last night...they had the roof closed! Ya wanna know why? Houston was getting a downpouring of rain!!!! What gives? All the rains are surrounding us....but we sit under clear skies!! And it's as dry as a popcorn fart around here!!!!! STILL



POSTED: Saturday, August 22nd, 2009
7:05 A.M.



42 comments :

  1. Oh yours is also interesting...Happy weekend Anni. TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Very original. Love the idea. By the way. Love the look of your heading,its beautiful!! Have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, didn't know there was a movie with that title. BTW, I did something similar with the Photo Hunt for "Clean" some time back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, what a clever take on the theme!!
    And thanks for your kind comment, Anni, I appreciate it!
    Happy hunting and happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Anni... I can't believe you’re not getting any rain... It seems to be all around everywhere but where you're at. What is up with that? Loved all your little stories this morning... They were fun to read! Have Fun & try to stay cool.

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's creative!

    thanks for visiting and dropping me a comment..
    enjoy the weekend..^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have to agree it is a creative take for the week's theme, anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Great take on the theme. I've never heard of that movie.

    Tahoe probably is bored with the blinds down and no birds to watch. Poor kitty. He needs a cuddle. lol

    Looking forward to the photos of the Botanical Gardens. I'm sure the entries were all beautiful.

    I do wish you would get a nice gentle rain for about three days. It doesn't seem fair that we've had so much and you've had none. And outside my window right now and throughout the night...yeap, you guessed it, a gentle rain, but I do see the sun breaking through.

    Have a great day doing something you enjoy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS. Forgot to mention that I love your new look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you quick change artist ☺☺☺ Your new header is really nice... Love it

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a great way to handle this week's theme! The Ripple Effect! Love your banner!

    http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/08/ph-ripples-and-more-ripples.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did it. You came up with a totally original take on the theme. And I was so sure we'd both feature pudding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great take on *ripple* and that looks like a good movie. lol at popcorn fart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol Popcorn fart... never hear that one before! Poor bored kitty. If I close the blinds all the way in my bedroom windy it drives Bubba crazy at night! I don't know what he watches out there in the dark!
    My CC - Oliver the Guinea Pig

    ReplyDelete
  15. very creative on the ripple effect, that's thinking out of the box. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that was really original!!! Smart thinking!!!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha- I really got a kick out of "dry as a popcorn fart." I'd repeat that to my boys just to hear them cackle, but then I'd have to deal with them repeating to my mom at church tomorrow. Somehow I don't think she would find it as funny as we do. :) LOL Oh my, I digress. Poor Tahoe. Maybe you should get an aquarium of fish to entertain him. Something's always moving around in there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great idea for ripple, very imaginative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new header is fantastic!

    And I love your alternative take on the ripple effect. Thanks for your visit to mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tell you mom we love the header nice to meet you Tahoe sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. You allways do something surprisngly, like here.
    And, you know I love your blog; even though I've been a very bad commenter in the past, due to work and vacation

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Anni
    Lovely post
    Thanks for reading mine
    I love your 55 too!
    You are becominga poet as well?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful new header ;--)
    Methinks Ms Kitty might have different thoughts, but I do luv the perspective of and commentary for your kitty photo. Thanks for dropping by Small Reflections earlier.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very creative take on ripple!

    I must admit that feel sad for Tahoe. It's no fun when the view is boring. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dry as a popcorn fart LOL too funny. Tahoe's little tale was the bomb. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting take on "ripple", poor bored kitty -- I feel much the same way,
    are all the entries decorated flamingos?, and I only live 90 miles from Houston and don't get any rain, what gives there????
    Love dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun post. The ripple effect was a great take on the theme, I'll bet not another person thought of that! Your cat reminds me of mine, dedicated to what I call "Cat TV"

    I played too, this week.
    http://healingmagichands.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/photohunter-ripples/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I forgot about Labor day. We went up on ball creek and spent the day by the creek.
    It was plenty warm but not as hot as Texas.
    I would guess it got up in the mid 80's

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  29. you have a very interesting post, I think your cat wants to go out and play. Thanks for the visit..

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice one. i didn't know there is actually a movie titled "Ripple Effect"

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anni. I love those lazy, somnolent days and we have had two in a row...in winter! Yesterday and today, 31 C. Just lovely but like you, no rain. That's another couple of months away yet. However, things are still relatively green but the gardens do need watering more often now as the weather warms up.

    It's very high fire danger and the weather bureau is predicting a very bad summer for bushfires...lovely, not!

    Hope you get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have never heard of that movie and he is one of my FAV's..... I need to find out about it....... Love the header...... I need to be changing mine to a fall background..........yuck! Cannot believe summer is coming to an end! hohum!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved your take on the ripple effect. I hope you and Bud are having a terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Like yr take on the theme.Like yr header too

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    An interesting post and well designed blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow your blog is always a surprise, full of great pictures and funny posts!
    purrs and love and happy critters!
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  37. Quite a different way to show ripples.

    ReplyDelete
  38. that sure was a very interesting take on 'ripple'!

    ReplyDelete
  39. ahhh a cats life.. to let us think we own the house..not likely!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ta for the interesting take on ripples!

    ReplyDelete

.