“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









1. Who was your FIRST date? Each date with a different guy is a first!!! It's really not the 'who' that was important, it was the HOW!! It depends, really on which first date too. My first date with Hubby was stupendous. [photo link] He wined and dined me like we were millionaires. Fancy smanchy restaurant, a huge bouquet of red, long-stemmed roses, cocktails and gifts at another establishment....it was very romantic. Ya, I liked that first date so much, I married the guy three months later.

2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? We keep in touch. Bob and I exchange birthday cards and holiday cards...he was from when I was in 4th grade!

3. What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? I grew up with beer drinkers. BEER when I was pro'lly around 5 or maybe 6. My 2nd older brother had a keg tap in his home....more beer. Then, I drank my first 'hard stuff'...it was a vodka gimlet. Now...rarely any alcoholic beverages for me.

4. What was your FIRST job? Other than babysiter jobs from 12 years of age [I babysat for one of my brother's kids all summer long for 4 years--got GOOD pay...enough to buy my own car!]...I then worked as receptionist [part time during school] at the CoC!!

5. What was your FIRST car? Ford....paid for with me saving my money. It was the friendliest car in the 'hood!!!! It was so out of balance, even a pebble on the road would make it bounce and wave at everyone on the streets!!!


6. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? Again, another brother....I even got to fly it! [take the controls] He had his own single engine Cessna. The where is just over the Colorado prairies....flew with him to Vegas one weekend...that was a scare...we 'ran into a huge storm coming over the Rockies, back home...in winter....he flying with just the instrument panel....talk about praying!!!!!! I was never so happy to touch down on level land at the private airport!!!! Big commercial jets....traveling. I think my first trip on a commercial jet was to Baltimore...what a riot that was...the airport when I arrived there, it was a trailer house...coming from the 'huge' Stapleton International in Denver...it was just a big laugh to me....such a small rinky dink airport in Baltimore. Way back....long time ago.

7. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? Patty Jones....no, I have absolutely no idea where she is.

8. Whose wedding did you attend the FIRST time? Paul and Gloria I think...at least that's the first one I remember.

9. Tell us about your FIRST roommate. My mom...she was the best wombie!!! Then, after I grew up a little...I shared a ROOM with my sister...I was a college drop out, and only less than an hour away...drove back and forth...then comes marriage...guess!!!

10. If you had one wish, what would it be (other than more wishes)? ...if I don't wish for anything...then, I'm never disappointed! If you really want a wish...it'd be 'mo' money.

11. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? To fly a plane....legally. In other words get my own pilot's license.

12. Did you marry the FIRST person you were in love with? No. Long story...guess my real first love was FRANK [newspaper clipping]....he was killed in action in the Viet Nam war...I'd've been a widow at the age of 20.

13. What were the first lessons you ever took and why? Catechism...but that was forced on me...if I had my druthers, I wouldn't have attended these lessons, believe me. I don't think I've ever 'taken' any lessons...I learned to play the piano on my own [and read sheet music]...I never had driving lessons [car, that is]...I just got behind the wheel and drove; I was a natural...I studied art in school....I studied and taught myself three languages other than English....but never technically paid outside tuition for lessons....I'm one of those 'self taught' people. The only lesson I could possibly come up with would be a lesson on life...and it's an never-ending lesson...I learn something every day. And the 'why' would be because I love life and what is handed me.

14. What is the first thing you do when you get home? Take my shoes off!!!!





<><><>

  1. Taxman :: IRS
  2. Material :: witness
  3. Format :: setting
  4. File cabinet :: metal
  5. Ignore :: snub
  6. Super! :: Fantastic!
  7. Fireproof :: flame retardent
  8. Blockbuster :: Video
  9. Snooper :: Paparazzi
  10. Good will :: Hunting


Posted Sunday, July 26th, 2009
4:25 A.M.

If you'd like to blog these memes, just click on button at top...they're linked.


[Photo of the Ford is borrowed from a Google Search]

36 comments :

  1. no mutterings the same
    thanks for dropping by mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog name!!!!

    Great answers - thanks for stopping by mine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers. No 1 is the best! I want to fly a plane too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow @5

    darn why didnt i think i take my shoes off and wear my bathroom slippers first!!
    hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you flew a plane, and yes, what a coincidence! we take our shoes off first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blockbuster ... the same worldwide ;) Love your mnutterings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie.
    Sounds like you have a wonderful family.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your answers... Especially you learnt all those amazing things yourself! I picked up many languages under the influence.. Of natives of course :P Btw, I absolutely <3 the sepia pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fly a plane wow :)

    Thanks for correcting my spelling!

    Thanks again for dropping by!

    Happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful answers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed the musical. I love your answers, as usual! The plane ride sounds pretty scary! We had a rough one in a small plane on the way back from Idaho - had to land in Laramie, and couldn't get back out. Had to call someone to come pick us up (the pilot, his wife, DC, and me) and then they had to go get the plane almost a week later - it took that long to clear up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you got to fly a plane??? wow i am soooooo impressed!!! you are so right about first dates and i'm glad you didn't marry Frank. things do happen for a reason. happy SS to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost put that I wanted to learn to fly a plane...then I panicked at the thought and changed my answer. Ha Ha! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! You have me beat. I got engaged 7 weeks after we met, but married him a year and a hslf later.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Anni! You're so smart =D I think it's amazing that you self taught yourself piano and 3 languages =O

    ReplyDelete
  16. and I don't remember my first love isn't it a shame, lol ! I also take my shoes off when I come home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni,

    Thanks for the history of Cats. I enjoyed reading about it and am glad that you and Bud had a great time. I've never had the privledge. It is one that I would love to see.

    I also learn something everyday and have my entire life. So far today, I've learned that you've flown a plane. You have a lot more nerve than this old gal.

    Have a great day and stop by if you can to read my Memories for today.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Taking the shoes off seems to be the answer of choice today. Heels and feet were not meant to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Anni,

    Loved visiting liked your answers too.
    Have a great Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you're having a good weekend, Anni. It sounds like you loved the Cats' production. The family is starting to filter in for 2 weeks of unrelenting merriment. Prayers are requested:-).

    ReplyDelete
  21. From fancy shmancy first date to wedding day in three months?! That's a made for TV movie! (Who do you want to be played by?) Have you ever Googled your Patty?

    ReplyDelete
  22. never thought of taking off the shoes and that is soooooooooooo what I do.....LOL
    Good answers!!!
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Emily, ended up in your blog from one of my friend's blog. She also has a similar post.
    http://rachanajustlikethat.blogspot.com/2009/07/sunday-stealing-leave-it-to-meme-meme.html

    U have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anni you are one amazing women... I always love your answers to the memes and totally enjoyed the music and article from "CATS". Thanks so much for posting about it...

    Have a funtastic day!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  25. I almost said metal for filing cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Annie!
    My woman of so many talents. None of these things that you have done surprise me. You are such a gifted, talented and precious lady, I would expect all of these things from you and more. You just never stop amazing me. I know you have more hidden in there for many Sundays to come. I always wondered if I would like the play "Cats". You make me believe I would. Take good care my friend. Happy Sunday. Country Hugs and Love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. As I said earlier, I adore Cats. I especially love the Rum Tum Tigger! I thoroughly enjoyed the slide show and "Memory" has always been one of my favourite songs...especially sung by Barbra Streisand.

    Great post. Thank you Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  28. hehehehe

    I got stuck on the word movie - wonder why I didn't think of video.

    thanks for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hej Anni
    About your 3 selflearned languages, you forgot the 4th. Danish,!! at least you understand it very well "s"
    About learning something your whole life, my Grandmother always said to me 'Life has so much to learn you, so everytime you fall, pick up something, on you way up!!
    I had nearly the same experience at flying, my son took my up in a Cesna, the first time I ever did fly, it was so much fun, since then I have been flying to many Countries, i.eks, from Copenhagen to Australia, which too about 28 hours of flying, all in all "S"
    Good for yoy and Bud you went and saw Cats, it is so good.
    Thanks for your always interesting post
    DEDB
    Mutti

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore #13, you're a very special lady. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Is that a Ford Fairlane? And I love the airplane ride #6...awesome answers. Hope you had a great Sunday :) Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Anni,
    Thanks for stopping..
    loved your answers..
    have a great day.

    bindi

    ReplyDelete
  33. such nice firsts. and i also wanna fly a plane. let's do it together, hmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love CATS and I enjoyed the song...so much!

    I'm a fan of Musicals...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh..I love the musical Cats too..!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awww No.2 is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

.