my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



Tuesday, February 24th, 2009
12:01 A.M.



7:03 A.M. Ack!!! While chatting with Irene, I was 'multi-tasking' with several tabs open....only to find out I tasked a delete button when I didn't want to do that... my wolf background!!! And it's not saved on my computer. Bummed, I am. #@!!#$! Oh well, guess it was meant to be. This layout I just made up quickly is probably easier on the ol' eyeballs anyway.


Join Here


This week, it's heads OR tails.
CASE or ANYTHING THAT RHYMES WITH CASE

I'm early in posting this I know, but Bud and I did some work around the house, I'm tired...gonna take a long hot bubble bath and just sit and relax for the rest of the day and hopefully I'll sleep in tomorrow since I was up at all hours watching the Academy Awards and then too tired to sleep well. Z z z z z z z z z!!

This is the case and caper of walking along a wooded area near the outskirts of town ...near OSO Bay. It's a great place for bird watching. On the particular day we saw several species of waterfowl, but the photos I got aren't too clear. It's NOT the case I'm going to blog today. My case is that I'm thinking I watch TOO MANY movies!!! Things in life sometimes turn toward a script that becomes eerie. First tho, I posted a few photos along the bay [when it's all 'leafed out'] so you can get the area in mind HERE. And then, the photo on the right, I just liked the stark contrasts of the evergreen and the barren tree against it.

As you walk along the pathway surrounding the bay, it's very wooded. During midyear, the trees, as thick as they are, block your view of the bay mostly, but the greenery is so pretty [in the summer!]. This particular day I spied several trees budding and enoyed the colors of the yellows and chartreuse greens against the gray-white bark. The area, tho in the city, seems quiet and serene. AND the warning signs are always posted to stay ON THE PATH!! You ask: does this keep Anni from doing just that? Well, this past week, I DID go off the beaten path just to explore....it was cool enough to not have any snakes lurking about with their snaky lips dangling out for a tasty treat of my ankle. So, into the wood I go. Thank GAWD it was light enough, otherwise, when I came up this case scenario, I woulda been running like a banshee!!!.....Here's the case:

Picture this-
Movie - popular on the big screen circa: 1999
Scene - woodsy areas, dark, eerie
Legacy - A group out hiking comes upon some old film cans of three students who were shooting a documentary of the urban legend. Supposedly, the three never came back!! Near Burkittsville, Maryland, many children have vanished in the 1940s and people still avoid going too deep into the woods. Then, in October of 1994, three student filmmakers hike out to the woods of Blair, hoping to find evidence of a local legend "The Blair Witch". At first, they find nothing except a pile of stones arranged by hand.

Walking in these woods here at the park, tho illegal as all heck for the fact it's a wildlife, bird sanctuary and you'd disturb their habitat, I find that I'm not the only one that has been here!!! Just yards away from the banks of the bay, I came upon this. Tho the trees are barren from the winter's temperatures and the light of day fell through the branches above me, I couldn't help myself. I was IN THE WOODS, and the scene looked too evil to me!...........



....and trust me, it was a case of Anni scurrying out of the woods, back on the pathway; quoting from ANOTHER movie, where Mel Gibson as Sergeant Riggs says, as I was now saying to Bud "What did one shepherd say to the other shepherd?" Bud answerd: "Let's get the flock out of here." Thinking, Blair Witch Project. Or in this case, Oso Bay Witch Coven!! It was too Satan-like for me. No sir, no way will I go back there when the woods are thickened with foilage and dark as the night! Hmmmm, mmmm, no way José!!! Oh, and I didn't stop to look for any film canisters that day, either. Case closed.

25 comments :

  1. What beautiful pictures. I have been looking out to our woods, but to much snow to take a walk. It wil be awhile until we have any trees budding.

    Love and Hugs,
    Joyce from Creation In Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the strangest things can happen in woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative HOT! I love walking in the woods cause you never know what might happen ;) Happy HOT day Anni :)

    BTW Love the new wolfie theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting *case*. Your walk in the woods and your vivid imagination created a great "get out of Dodge" senerio. :)

    I don't blame you, although I was thinking -- hum nice place to set up camp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    You got some great shots along the path. What a nice area to walk in. I think it's best if you keep on the trail.

    Enjoyed your post, as always. I'm itching for a hike along the trails around there but there's still too much snow and then there will be mud, so it will be a while.

    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wolf theme too Anni.. but is there a header I'm not seeing?

    OK.. your post creeped me out. I would have left the woods quickly, THEN would have needed to change my undies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bad girl you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like the best way to close that case - even though, the photos are nice and the place looks mostly okay, but... :) Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to hear nothing bad got you in those woods! I really enjoyed the case and the pictures to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely the gowns were! I did not watch. I got out again and had a blast shopping! Hope to talk hubby in tomorrow take me back, for I decided I want some more things. Cross your fingers for me, for he is going an hour away in a different direction, then it would be 30 min where I want to go. Please tell me, I can't catch up on my blogging! How do you do it and still do daily life. I know part of mine is I had grandchildren for over a month and no time. Then I was too tired, but I can't seem to get around to everyone! Any great hints? Plus my computer has slowed down, I added some Java stuff and I need to delte it for it slowing me down taking too long for each blog to show up. I love your little story of the woods, you didn't see a wolf in there did you. Hubby went in the woods by my house today and brought me a tree that all twisted I love it, trying to get him to make a light out of it, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like spring has hit...I miss the woods..we don't really have them here...I would have to go farther north...

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant case you sketched there. i'd also have turned and run.... hope you have the relaxing day you wished for dear anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni, an over active imagination can be a dangerous thing; but it sure was fun to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no! The wolf background was so beautiful. I'm so sorry it was deleted by mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Anni I am so sad about the wolf... It was awesome... But this is good too... How scary you made that all sound... I would have loved being there with you... SCARY!!!

    HUGS,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked your wolf background. It is sas that you lost it . Sort of eerie really.
    You sure worked the themes into the post. I would stay out of that woods as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked your wolf background. It is sad that you lost it . Sort of eerie really.
    You sure worked the themes into the post. I would stay out of that woods as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anni !!!
    I had to laugh,- excuse me,- It is clear to see, that you haven't been in Denmark at wintertime,
    Here you can talk about bare trees in hundrets, you can barely see through them-and getting lost in the forest?, Who-it is dark about 5 in the afternoon,and futhermore, in the distance you can hear the Dear calling for all the females, so you shouldn't get too near, they will get nevous and will come after you!! he he he.
    It is very nice pictures though, you have taken on your tour, but do not go too far into that woods again, you know what happened to "The Little Red Ridinghood" ??

    Thank you for the letter yesterday, I.m still not back to normal, which you can see on tis coments "G"
    Ill be back!!!
    Luvya bunches
    Mutti

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pictures and the woods.
    Wonderful template, even tho it was done in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your week is going well, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHOA! I think I would have had goosebumps for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. jettied2/24/2009

    woods are always interesting and a bit scary!! Good post!! i so loved your wolf background...and this one is cute!! I am sure you'll do something just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You certainly know how to tell a story. You have me convinced that the woods are almost evil. I won't be walking in the woods by myself any time soon.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would have been running back up to the trail wayyyy ahead of you! lol Gosh, I got shivers just thinking of coming upon that circle made with rocks. Blair Witch Project came to my mind as well right away!! Brrrrr! Does make you wonder though who has been there to make it and what they actually do there! You just never know what you'll find on the off beaten path...as you found out! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. i would love to walk in those woods but not alone !!

    ReplyDelete

.