my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Sunday, February 1st, 2009
4:45 A.M.




Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Take :: Two
2. 350 :: divided by 7 is 50
3. Stand :: By Your Man
4. Raspberry :: Pie
5. Turnstile :: Airport, bank, stadium, subway
6. Infomercial :: Where's the remote?
7. Dejected :: Low, depression
8. What’s the word? :: I forget. It's on the tip of my tongue.
9. Awestruck :: Admiration!
10. Smashed :: Crashed


~...end Unconscious Mutterings
[comment HERE if you'd like to skip the other memes below]









<><><>




SLAM BOOK MEME..

Chris passed on this little diddy to Squawmama, and I grabbed it with joy. They were fun back then, and I thought it looked fun again. You know... you do remember those "Slam Books" of our youthful days? Here goes:

1. Sport: BASEBALL

2. Color: FOREST GREEN & Deep rich purples.

3. Movie: 1969...Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid. I've watched this so many times, I can mouth the script by heart, and when the music begins for each scene...the fade to black..."Dos Hombres?" "Fuego!!!". [I love movies, period!]

4. Song: Too many...Amazing Grace, Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye, Impossible Dream...I could go on and on.

5. American City: DENVER!! Of course

6. Foreign City : London [no, never been there, but love to go there someday]

7. Book: Yep...love 'em. Once again, way too many. GWTW, Thorn Birds, Poe's poetry, Dickens' Works, Steinbeck, Shakespeare [Julius Caesar is my favorite and Hamlet] etc. etc. etc.

8. TV: Baseball Season, Movie Channels

9. Actor: Johnny Depp, hands down

10. Actress: Merle Streep

11. Perfume: Last time I wore perfume was way back...Avon's Rose Geranium. Would love it if I could find something just like it!

12. Food: Italian

13. Car: Pontiac [Zoom, Zoom!]

14. Condiment: Dill Pickles!!! Oh, and olives. Well, maybe mustard. Awww, heck, most all of them. Onions too.

15. Kitchen appliance: Microwave

16. Beauty product: Lotion

17. Piece of clothing: Jeans

18. Male songwriter: Billy Joel

19. Female songwriter: Dolly Parton

20. Holiday: Halloween

21. Disney character: Jimminy Cricket[cartoon] and ♥Donkey♥ from SHREK [animated]

22. Flower: Rose

23. Alcoholic drink: Beer

24. Non-alcoholic drink: Water with Lemon

25. Magazine: Time

26. Male vocalist: Josh Groban

27. Female vocalist: Whitney Houston

28. Day of the week: You mean there are days in the week? I've been retired...they're all one to me these days.

29. Household chore: Making sure my voice is heard...."Bud? I need you to do this for me, willya? Purdy Please?!!"

30. Ice cream: Vanilla...with hot fudge and pecans

31. Candy: Pecan Turtles

32. Quote: From the Book...Atlas Shrugged, and I thought it was a powerful quote, moreso that you'll not understand the gist unless you read the entire book to come to realization that within the powers of success, it is a strong revelation - "I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." and I decipher this as individuals have an inalienable right to pursue their own happiness based on their own values and that they must be free to pursue their own self-interest as they choose; people have no obligations to each other beyond the obligation to respect the freedom and rights of other self-interested people. [tho at some points in time it's not always viable, there are times you must put yourself second and another before you but, in the novel, it's all about striving and surviving and boycotting and striking against the 'looters' of the world]




<><><>

The Letter/Name Game

Patsy had this on her blog when I visited with her Friday. And it looked like a great challenge to accept. I'm gonna try it now:

Rules: It's harder than it looks! Copy to your own site, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag 10 people. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real. . .nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question. HaveFun!

1. What is your name: Anni
2. A four Letter Word: Aloe
3. A boy's Name: Anthony
4. A girl's Name: Angela
5. An occupation: Air Traffic Controller
6. A color: Aqua [boy howdy, that almost was a 'no go']
7. Something you wear: Antique earrings
8. A food: Angel Food Cake
9. Something found in the bathroom: Aftershave
10. A place: Anteroom
11. A reason for being late: Alternate Route [detour]
12. Something you shout: Ahhhhhhh, heck!!
13. A movie title: African Queen
14. Something you drink: Ale
15. A musical group: Aerosmith! [a favorite]
16. An animal: Antelope
17. A street name: Ash Street [that's intersected with Ambrose Avenue]
18. A type of car: Audi
19. The title of a song: America the Beautiful


<><><>



Jill @ Sneaky Momma presented me with this special award. I love it! And I love the fact that she thought of me when she presented it on her blog!! Thank you so much. Jill posted:
    This fun award is meant to encourage and uplift others in the blogging world. Here's how it works: Select 10 bloggers: 5 you consider your blogging Helping Hand, then "Pay it Forward" by extending your "Helping Hand" to 5 additional new bloggers, in support and encouragement for their efforts.

    I chose to award this one to 5 ladies who have helped my blog either in the technical sense or who offered tons of comment love when I was a brand new blogger.


    Francesca at 3 Bay B Chicks
    Amanda at A Proud Mommy of Four
    Liz at Loving Mom Boys
    Heidi at Sacred and Profane
    Hootin Anni



Milet, Mary, Shadow, Rosemary, Gattina, Myra, "Tookie", Angel, The Social Frog, Susan [no this isn't a 'tag' it's an award!!

28 comments :

  1. yeah, agree with you. the words are wee bit difficult. oh i love the valentine card. its so nice.

    thanks for the drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,

    A wonderful post. I enjoyed reading your Unconscious Mutterings and eagerly lapped up your answers to the meme. LOL

    Take care and have a great day, my friend. Love this one.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. well anni, that 350 divided by 7 is 50 is just completely random... i like the letter/name game. feel like doing it but that's gonna take some research, i have an odd name... ah well, a challange's never hurt anyone, right? thank you for the bean's birthday wishes, much appreciated. by me and the bean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award, loved the memes too........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I agree. The name game is hard! But you did a great job with it! I love your slam book meme too. Memes are fun. A great way to get to know how each other feels.

    Great post, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Anni!

    ...ah, I remember those Slam Books; how our h.s. teachers would take them away if they spotted us "posting" in class.
    I want to play along again!

    ....But right now, I'm too dang NERVOUS about events in Tampa. If I don't stop pacing and muttering, I'll be worn out by kick-off!

    Enjoy your day!

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to your award ! I can tell you London is really a special town and worthwhile to visit !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The letter words were hard! I couldn't have done it for my name. I've never had raspberry pie I will have to try it! I still think that word is spelled funny! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my page! I was even more wonderful of you to comment!
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mutterings :) I hope you have a lovely, wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the award, love the sentiment .We can all use a helping hand in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stand by your man on your UM was also my first thought. Nice mutterings. I've read the rest of this blog and please don't tag me because I'm one of the first 10 :(

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You so very much for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on all accounts. I don't remember the *Slam Book* game you referred to so I need more guidance to do that one. It seems very similar to the Mutterings we do only longer. Fun stuff for a Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun game. Many of my answers would be the same. Many would be different. lol
    Thanks for your comment about the Cards. It's getting close to kick-off time. This is the first Super Bowl that I've ever really cared who won.
    GO CARDS!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's mine.
    1. Take :: five
    2. 350 :: what does a 350lb canery say?
    here kitty kitty.
    3. Stand :: By for an important news flash
    4. Raspberry :: rhubard Pie
    5. Turnstile :: revalving access
    6. Infomercial :: darn things
    7. Dejected ::sorry you do not fit her
    8. What’s the word? :: "...the bird is the word..."
    9. Awestruck :: starstruck
    10. Smashed :: someone who is drunk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Tigger outfits the twins had on are so cute - the bottoms make it, but they couldn't keep them on as they climbed up the steps.

    Perfume - I am terribly allergic. The only thing I could ever wear was Avon's Hawaiian White Ginger, and of course they discontinued it. I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid was a great movie and watch quite a few times.
    Liked most of Paul Newman and Robert Redford movies.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, Anni, on your helping hand award. You are so very deserving of this award as you are always willing and eager to help others with their blog. I know you have helped me several times.

    I enjoyed your memes, and thank you for the valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there - thanks for stopping by my blog. Come back soon! (I liked your #3.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your award, very much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great mutterings, as usual. I didn't even think about math for #2 (Math isn't my favorite subject. lol)
    Thanks for dropping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanted to let you know that you've been mentioned in my post today. Have a perfectly wonderful week!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great mutterings, thanks for the visit yesterday - off to dig the car out and try to get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Snaps on the Vday card, for sure! :) So cute.

    I'm all for #3, too. I sometimes forget lol but when it comes down to it, I do stand by mine.

    Go, Steelers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks very much for this award ! I hadn't seen my name, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved your responses to What's the Word and Infomercial - they made me laugh in agreement. Stand by your man is such a great song! Thanks for visiting my blog, too.
    I always enjoy reading yours, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love "where's the remote". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your award. You so deserve it. Thank you for helping us all out from time to time with technical blog stuff. You're amazing!
    I love all of your meme's. Thanks for the card, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

.